Movies!

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Athena Paulus
No broom

Post by Athena Paulus »

Fiona Podlich wrote:I'm DYING to see How to Lose a Guy in ten Days ! I know from the previews it's going to become one of my favorites !
I just saw that movie last week! It was SO funny!! I knew it was a love story type of movie but I didn't realize that it would be so hilarious!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You should really see it--it's perfect for a girls night out. (That's what I did)
4th Year | Gryffindor | at351

Tags:
Prof. Ashlee Sully
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ashlee Sully »

CynthiaStout wrote:My all-time favorite movie has to be Rocky Horror Picture Show... its so hilarious and has the worst special effects ever... its glorious /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Plus... the lips at the beginning are the best... loving the bright red lipstick... oh and you can see all the gunk on the guys tongue hehehe... oh well its the most disturbing musical ever... its great lol
Oh I love that movie as well!! I watch it whenever it comes one t.v Actually, my friends and I are planning on singing the Timewarp song for a talent contest we have here. Should be fun...

How to lose a guy in ten days?? I heard about that movie, sounds good. Might have to see it but my first priority is LOTR 2. Everytime I go to see that something goes wrong stopping me, maybe Im not meant to see it. *pouts*
Retired Slytherin Professor || Lover of Chocolate || Addicted to Frogs

Ben Potter
No broom

Post by Ben Potter »

A great scary movie that I enjoyed was called Darkness Falls ( USA ) It was REALLY scary
Ben Potter
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Misty McManus
No broom

Post by Misty McManus »

Well, I already posted my list, but I just have to comment.

I noticed alot of Ocean's 11 fans...well, you all should be pleased to know that they are currently writing a sequal to the film, appropriately titled Ocean's 12. So far, the only one cast is George Clooney, but no doubt the others will soon follow. Just a little inside info for ya /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> (well not really that inside, but oh well). /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Last edited by Misty McManus on Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
~*Misty*~
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"--James Byron Dean
Misty McManus | mi211 | Gryffindor
Emily Jarrett
No broom

Post by Emily Jarrett »

Hmm, i liked Ocean's Eleven. I really like an indie flick I saw recently with LeeLee Sobieski called My First Mister. It was really quite interesting. I also saw Two Weeks Notice the other day. It was cute, but nothing to write home about.

Emily
Emily Jarrett
20 yr old -/- Muggle-Born -/- Canadian -/- Ravenclaw

All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle
~ St. Francis of Assissi
Arwen Watson
No broom

Post by Arwen Watson »

My Favorite Movies are Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings Movies
Maple, 6 3/4 inches, Fingernail of a Hag
Arianna Cadwell
No broom

Post by Arianna Cadwell »

I saw Bringing Down the House on Thursday. It was the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. I would love to meet Queen Latifah, she seems so cool
13 inches, Maple, Pheonix Tail Feather
------------------------------------------------
Morgaine Fey
No broom

Post by Morgaine Fey »

Favorite movies...oh god...do I have favorite movies...

Dragonheart for one, the Harry Potter movies, The Lord of the Rings movies, The Count of Monte Cristo, Interview with the Vampire...and that's...about it...
Liv Walsh

Post by Liv Walsh »

Ohhhh...loved DragonHeart,just bought the follow up for my daughter on VHS from a second hand store..she has not since come out of her room!! but I also watched About A Boy the other day on DVD...liked that too, Of course Harry Potter...can't wait to see Lucius and his cut scenes on DVD!!
Marinna Danea
No broom

Post by Marinna Danea »

Hmmm...this'll take me awhile...

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
HP+PS
HP+CoS
Miss Congeniality
Monsters Inc.
The Core
My Neighbour Totoro
LOTR:FotR
LOTR:tTT
Emperors New Groove
THe Mask
Bruce Almighty (even though it's not out yet /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />)

those are the ones I can't live without so if you want the FULL list...don't ask
¤Mårìnna Dånëa¤||.·:§lythërìn:·.||¤Clåss ôƒ '09¤
Pure-Blood | Owl- Barn~"Mara" | Wand- Hickory, 12 inches, core of troll toenail
I am Slytherin, hear me roar.
Ron: You know what this polyjuice potion needs? A slice of lemon and one of those little umbrellas.
Eowyn McCuill
No broom

Post by Eowyn McCuill »

I love cinema and I would put many good movies in my list. But there are some I simply love. I like musicals very much. In my opinion Academy should have a category Award for musicals only! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> But I love fantasy and adventure movies too.

Well, let's go to my list:

- 'Moulin Rouge' ('The hills are alive with the sound of music...')
- 'The Sound of Music' (splendid too... Julie Andrews is wonderful!)
- 'Gentlemen prefer Blondes' (Marilyn is the best!!!)
- 'The Little Mermaid' (One of the best Disney's movies of ever!)
- 'The Lord of the Rings Trilogy'- (Peter Jackson is a hero! Spending so many time in a movie with no sure that would be a success? He deserves all the awards that a director can win! The movie is excellent... Doesn't matter what Academy says...)
- 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets' (Of course! Even better than the first one in my opinion)
- 'Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain' (oh god... just marvellous!)
Eowyn McCuill | Third Year | Gryffindor
HOL Tolkien Society
Member of the Orange Committee

"May the Orangeness be with you!"
Ella Dowling
No broom

Post by Ella Dowling »

I don't recall replying to this topic yet, so...My favorite movies are...

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> 1) Lord of the Rings
/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> 2) Harry Potter
/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> 3) Black Hawk Down
/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> 4) Pirates of the Carabbean [not out till summer]

*~Ella~*

Edit: STEALING HARVARD ABOVE ALL!!!!!
Last edited by Ella Dowling on Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
::el378::

Taia is my angel.
Relaynie Darcy

Post by Relaynie Darcy »

Emma Jean Taylor wrote:Pride and Prejudice BBC Miniseries with Colin Firth! WOOHOO!
Yay Emma! Mr Darcy rules!!!

Rufi o Rufi o Ru fi OOOOOOO!!!

Heehee I liked him too.

Professor Zeln! Flea! ::cries::

Well, I for one LOVE the movie and watch it nearly daily (although I am getting a bit sick and ready for CoS) The only part of the movies I don't like are a couple lines in CoS and the leaving out of the Malfoys in Knockturn Alley--why why!!

Other movies:

Sense and Sensibility
Mansfield Park
Persuasion
Emma
Northanger Abbey

(big Jane Austen fan, obviously)

Bridget Jones's Diary
Notting Hill
Die Hard
The Fifth Element
Stargate (RA!!!)

And currently I've been very obsessed with viewing Fellowship of the Ring about 20 times a week. (or at least the supplemental material--am I the only person who watches that more than the movies?)
Ella Dowling
No broom

Post by Ella Dowling »

Has anyone ever seen Braveheart? It's a really good scottish movie. And, as I always say, "Feeling sad? Like you could never laugh again? Then watch Stealing Harvard, the best movie of all time!!"

Huggles,

Cheers,

*~Ella~*
::el378::

Taia is my angel.
Aidan Argent
No broom

Post by Aidan Argent »

Braveheart is a good movie. I like Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings. Spiderman and Interview with the Vampire make me happy. The Matrix, Fight Club, and Donnie Darko are good too.

But Velvet Goldmine is the best movie EVER.

cheers
Aidan
Last edited by Aidan Argent on Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aidan • Dana • ai376
SQT.
dxxth.
Eleanor Chambers
Oakshaft 79

Post by Eleanor Chambers »

I just barely saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and laughed my butt off.

It's so...stupidly funny! I love the politically active peasants and the argument about the coconut at the beginning. ahh, great movie.

I just saw What a Girl wants also, and it was just a huge steriotype....but the guy in it was nice looking. but really, that's not all I care about like some of those blood thirsty *gulp* fan girls...*shudder*

yeah, and now I really want to see Holes. It looks grand.
`,'.
[color=996633]/
ELLA|[/color]| Gryffindor| Fourth Year |
Angelina Diggory
No broom

Post by Angelina Diggory »

i watched Anger Management today.

i'm not a good fan of Adam Sandler since Mr. Deeds, but i thought i could give him a chance /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />.

it was so funny, and whenever the doctor (Jack Nicholson) would give him a lesson during his therapy i would see if i could apply it in my life too! the begining is a little slow but once the movie goes on, it gets so hilarious!

i recommend it /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
/“Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.â€Â￾ -Yoda-/
/Wand: Purpleheart, 11 1/2 inches, Fairy Dust/
Aidan Argent
No broom

Post by Aidan Argent »

Ella Chambers wrote:yeah, and now I really want to see Holes. It looks grand.
I can't wait to see Holes, the book was really good. *nodnod* My friend saw it already, cause her mother's a teacher so they got to go to some sneak peak, and she said it was really good, so I'm excited. *grins*

cheers
Aidan

Aidan • Dana • ai376
SQT.
dxxth.

Return to “Movie Talk”