Movies!

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Luthien Black
No broom

Post by Luthien Black »

Moulin Rouge is my all time favourite movie. Ewan McGregor- yumm!
I am also obsessed with lotr and love harry potter. I love the original Star Wars trilogy. TPM was ok, but what was up with AOTC??? I also love (in no particular order) A Knight's Tale (Heath the Legend, yay!!), 10 Things I Hate ABout You, Shrek, The Princess Bride (such a great movie), Evita ( I have a bit of a musical fixation), The Matrix (yay, go Hugo Weaving), The Mask of Zorro (mmm, Antonio Banderas). And finally, Les Miserables, coz it has Phillip Quast from Playschool:D, except I can't stand Cosette and Marius. Well, thas all folks!!

Nai tiruvantel ar varyuvantel i Valar tielyanna nu vilya
May the Valar protect you on your path under the sky

Tags:
Arashi Denba

Post by Arashi Denba »

The LOTR/ Hobbit series in cartoons
LOTR new version
Hathers
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Dragon Heart
Labrynth ("dance magic dance...")
Interview with the Vampire

I should probably stop now before I go crazy with this topic /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />
Ayesha Destiny

Post by Ayesha Destiny »

In no particular order...

CARTOONS/KIDDIES FILMS: Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, Prince of Egypt, Alice in Wonderland, Pocahontas, The Swan Princess, Matilda, Anastasia, The Princess and the Cobbler, Thumbelina, Rugrats, It Takes Two, Double Double Toil and Trouble, Little Vampire, My Little Pony, Care Bears and ummm that's it I think...

THE REST: HP, LOTR, East is East, Kandahar, Bend it Like Beckham, Little Women, Braveheart, Anna and the King, Sound of Music, The Body, Cinema Paradiso, Life is Beautiful, Ever After, Father of the Bride, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Grease, The Karate Kid, La Bamba, Little Princess (new version), The Secret Garden, Les Miserables (Tv series version), Moulin Rogue, The Mummy, Romeo and Juliet (new version), Sister Act II, Stand By Me, The Outsiders, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, The Mighty, Selena, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bring it on, Get Over it, Drive Me Crazy, Home Alone, Roots, The Temptations, The Others, Sixth Sense, Blair Witch Project, Rope and I am sure there are some more that I have forgotten.

Also my father and I watched these two foreign films which I LOVED but didn't ever catch the names /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> One was a Turkish film about two enemies who used to be friends and their children are in love; it was really funny. The other one was about a Hindu and a Muslim who had fallen in love; that was really sad /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
Hannah Moon

Post by Hannah Moon »

Just wondering two things is there a set date for the harry potter 3 to be released ??? and does anyone no if there is any god movies in the theaters??? /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />
Bivi Felton

Post by Bivi Felton »

my fav. movies are the mystery ones and the horror ones those are sso cool, lol
Bivi Felton

Post by Bivi Felton »

look did any one here saw the hp movie the 2 one coz i missed it /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />
Alastair Turpin

Post by Alastair Turpin »

Here is my list of all time favorite flicks!

-Blade Runner
-Ghostbusters
-The 13th Warrior
-Star Wars (of course)
-LOTR
-Superman(the original with Chris Reeve)
-Conan the Barbarian
-Aliens
-Dune
-Minority Report
-Monty Python
-Willow
-Les Miserables (with Liam Neeson)
-The Shadow
-Robocop
-Starship Troopers
-Gladiator
-Henry V

Thats most of them!
Maggie McGravin
No broom

Post by Maggie McGravin »

I LOVE ALL MOVIES! Especially Harry Potter and LOTR and Singles Ward...I can't wait for "The R.M." to come out..it looks hilarious.
~Maggie McGravin~
11 1/2 inches, Persimmon
with a core of Powdered Dragon Scales

How did YOU celebrate New Years?
Vera Craven

Post by Vera Craven »

my favourites have to be: (in no order)
moulin rouge
fightclub
memento
HP films
matrix
star wars movies
all vampire movies
rocky horror picture show
donnie darko (did anyone see this movie?)
LOTR
the crow movies
tim burton movies (beetlejuice, edward scissorhands and all)
usual suspects
dark crystal
and much much more!
Misty McManus
No broom

Post by Misty McManus »

Ok, I posted my list a while back, but I have to add some ones I forgot at the time:

12 Angry Men
Amelie
Chicago (oh so very awesome!)
The Wizard (hehe)
An American in Paris
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
The Graduate
A Christmas Story
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
~*Misty*~
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"--James Byron Dean
Misty McManus | mi211 | Gryffindor
Isadora Kohana

Post by Isadora Kohana »

Alastair Turpin wrote:Here is my list of all time favorite flicks!

-Blade Runner
-Ghostbusters
-The 13th Warrior
-Star Wars (of course)
-LOTR
-Superman(the original with Chris Reeve)
-Conan the Barbarian
-Aliens
-Dune
-Minority Report
-Monty Python
-Willow
-Les Miserables (with Liam Neeson)
-The Shadow
-Robocop
-Starship Troopers
-Gladiator
-Henry V

Thats most of them!
I love Les Miserables! I saw the musical on broadway with my school and I loved it completely! Just had to say that.
Ryan Lobiesk
No broom

Post by Ryan Lobiesk »

Ayesha Destiny wrote:CARTOONS/KIDDIES FILMS: Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, Prince of Egypt, Alice in Wonderland, Pocahontas, The Swan Princess, Matilda, Anastasia, The Princess and the Cobbler, Thumbelina, Rugrats, It Takes Two, Double Double Toil and Trouble, Little Vampire, My Little Pony, Care Bears and ummm that's it I think...
OH yes I remember those Cartoon or kiddie movies! I love them! and I STILL DO! There like the bomb! ahah lolz! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Please remember that people have feelings. Newbies are people too.

I'd like the world to know that I am fabulous, beautiful, phenom, and amazing. Christiana Aguilera dedicated her hit single, "Beautiful" to me as did James Blunt with his smash hit "You're Beautiful."

[Ryan Lobiesk] [ry370] [Ravenclaw] [Sixth Year] [Preppy!Ryan]
Adelaide Starr

Post by Adelaide Starr »

OoOo i have tons of faves! i LOVE:

Harry Potter (but of course!)
LOTR
Artificial Intelligence
Some of those Disney princess movies! LoL
Sweet Home Alabama
Ever After
Shiloh !! woot woot. cute lil beagle!
A Little Princess

There's a LOT more i just cant remember right now! Since there's quidditch match going on!
Charisse Fairchilde
No broom

Post by Charisse Fairchilde »

my favorites are:

Harry Potter movies
Life As A House
Les Miserables
The Green Mile
Gladiator
Peter Pan

That's all i can think of for now.......
Charisse
Why do I dance?...Why do I breathe?
Silver Birch, Core of Fairy Wing, 13 1/2 inches
Aranel Flammae
No broom

Post by Aranel Flammae »

Definitely:

Harry Potter *sighs at the thought of Alan Rickman as Sanpe*
Lord of the Rings *nearly dies at an overly bouncing heart*
Interview with a Vampire *sexy guys with sharp teeth*
Shakespeare in Love *sap*

*now her brain is clouded with hundreds of pictures and she can't think any more* /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

AF
| ~> I'm a Slytherin and more than proud of it!!!<~ |
Give me an assignment and I'll give you the answer in a minimum amount of time.
ar383
Sarah McPotter
No broom

Post by Sarah McPotter »

Harry Potter of course!!!
Oh yeah, and I love Moulin Rouge. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return!" Too true, Christain. lol
"D'you know... I think I'm feeling a bit...rebellious." ~Hermione Granger

Parvati Delacour
No broom

Post by Parvati Delacour »

I also love October Sky and Contact. I'm into those astronomy type movies. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Parvati Delacour l pa360 l Third Year l Hufflepuff
Kirsten Roxwell

Post by Kirsten Roxwell »

My absolute favorite movies are "Le Vita e Bella" (sp?) also known as " Life is Beautiful" and "Save the Last Dance" and "To Wong Foo, thanks for everything, Julie Newmar"

I know, strange ones. But that's me!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Alazair Higgins

Post by Alazair Higgins »

My ABSOLUTE favorite movie right now: CENTER STAGE.

I love watching dancers and ballet...and I love the Fine Arts (it's my major)...and I love the story lines in this movie. I think I'm on my third VHS of this movie since I've worn it through that much...*LOL* /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Samantha Wanzo
No broom

Post by Samantha Wanzo »

Kristianna Riddle wrote:*hugs Artemis Beoulve*

You mentioned my topic on Disney! I'm the first to reply. I think. Hook was a great movie! Hello to the Lost Boys and sadly to the one who died. Rufio.

Other movies mentioned are awsome choices too; but you forgot a crucial one!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!
Funny...Because I did a toipic about Disney movies in the Gryff Common Room. By any chance you guys saw it? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
|Samantha Wanzo|Image|3rd Year|Sa311|

Return to “Movie Talk”