Hogwarts Legacy

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

After months of rumors and conspiracy theories the reveal trailer for new Harry Potter video game was released! You can watch it on YouTube.

What the game is about (no spoilers):
Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Embark on a journey through familiar and new locations as you explore and discover fantastic beasts, customize your character and craft potions, master spell casting, upgrade talents, and become the wizard you want to be.

Experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. You have received a late acceptance to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and soon discover that you are no ordinary student: you possess an unusual ability to perceive and master Ancient Magic. Only you can decide if you will protect this secret for the good of all, or yield to the temptation of more sinister magic.

Discover the feeling of living at Hogwarts as you make allies, battle Dark wizards, and ultimately decide the fate of the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it.
I, for one, am quite excited about it! I loved Harry Potter video games (though I was really disappointed in Year Seven) or LEGO iterations and the concept of this game is quite interesting. Love the time period and the fact that you can choose to be on the Dark side.

I was mostly disappointed at the spell portion and battle mechanics in previous games and hope that they will find a good option for it. I am also not sure about the "Ancient Magic" and late acceptance, but we will see. :)

What do you think? Will you give the game a chance? What do you hope is included in the game?
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Re: Hogwarts Legacy

Post by Gail Allen »

I think I would actually be pretty interested in this game, though I am usually a little bit too much of a coward to play RPGs (shocker I know since I do play pen and paper as well as Live Action Role Play.) But I tried both legend of Zelda games and Skyrim as well as another game that I unfortunately forgot the name of since, and while I loved the story elements and the graphics I just was too worried about the fights my character would inevitably get into and it quickly became too stressful for me.
Also possibly because I am pretty bad at the controls, so that probably didn't help.
But as much as I think I'd love to experience the story and the graphics, I'd probably not like to play it.
Luckily for me I live with someone who likes playing these things so I get to sit on the sideline and experience the games without the stress of the battles that I cannot handle, so for me it works out perfectly and my partner never has to share control of the game cause I prefer to watch, so that's pretty perfect.
So short answer: I'd love to *not* play it, but watch while my partner plays.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Gosh, it's been so long since I've played an HP video game, but this looks quiet stunning. And YAY for the Jim Dale voiceover! Only very recently been thinking how I'd like to get back into playing stuff like this here and there as my siblings all used to when I was younger (which meant I did too a lot more at the time because it was constantly around me). I would definitely be interested in checking this out. I'm so curious!!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Daffodil Harbourshire
No broom

Post by Daffodil Harbourshire »

I’m just hoping it’s better than Hogwarts Mystery :(
Kat Silver
No broom

Post by Kat Silver »

I am BEYOND excited for this game to come out, though i wish it would come out sooner. As soon as I saw the trailer for it I was mind blown! I personally like how they didn't surround it around Harry and that its you creating your own story so to say. I can't wait!
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

This post was posted before the game came out, so without giving spoilers, I have to say that since I have had the opportunity to play the game 4 times over, (one time for each house) I have absolutely ADORED this game!

I was blown away by the aesthetics, graphics and beautiful world they created to bring the wizarding world to life. Exploring the Hogwarts grounds and the surrounding areas around Hogsmeade are my favourite things to do! So many hidden items to find!

So, if you haven't played this game already, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I have not played this yet as it is a little out of my price range but I have many times over watched videos of people doing a "walk with your character through the entire environment and castle". It looks so absolutely beautiful. I would love to give it a try someday :lol:

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”