Do you play a sport?

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Do you play a sport?

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

Whether it be for school, take lessons, or play on a team for fun what sport do you love to play?

In school I played basketball, volleyball, and badminton, and did marching band my senior year, but after school I would just do the occasional playing "H.O.R.S.E." or shooting hoops with friends. No rel team sports. I still love playing badminton though, mainly my friends and I crack up when we miss a shot though. :)
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~

Tags:
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Re: Do you play a sport?

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

In highschool I wason wrestling team,track and field team, and played football (american football). Before highschool I played baseball. After I graduated high school I trained in boxing for a bit.
Image RQT 2017/18
Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Post by Resyarrina Elora »

I was quite an active basketball team member on high school, but then after graduated i just play for fun with my high school friend, we met couple month once to play basket and have a chat.
I do swimming more regularly, like at least once a week but this is also just for fun.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

Baseball is what I like to play. There's baseball leagues every summer. Basketball would be a second favorite, but I only play that for fun with friends.
Scarlett Lacarnum
No broom

Post by Scarlett Lacarnum »

Up until I was 15 I was a gymnast and then, after an injury, I switched to ice hockey. I got to play in college and my job has a small league. Both are different but very fun.
Elvira Livson
No broom

Post by Elvira Livson »

I play volleyball since 4 or 5 years. I like sailboarding too, but I can do it just in the holidays. And I love riding, but there is not any good riding stable next to our home.
And I have played badminton for 3 years. :)
Akina Wall
No broom

Post by Akina Wall »

I've been active since I was little. I started with judo and did that for 5 years. Then I was breakdancing for 6 years. I met some really awesome people there who I'm still friends with. Now, I've been boxing for a couple years. I'm thinking of trying Tai Chi next fall. Has anyone ever done it? :P
Vanessa Murrell
No broom

Post by Vanessa Murrell »

I am very proud to say that I do gymnastics 10 hours a week. I love the sport and gymnastics makes me happy. I have been doing gymnastics since I was 6 months old. That is one of the reasons why I love it so much.
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal »

When I was a preschooler and elementary schooler, I used to dabble in soccer and judo but, after dropping both in third-ish grade, I started swimming and got really good quickly. I remember being this tiny little sixth grader in a class with towering high school and college students and it was kind of intimidating but totally paid off. I quit swimming a few years back but now I’m on my high school varsity field hockey team and it’s definitely been the sport I picked up most quickly and had the most fun playing. I was thinking about joining track and field this year as well but due to the pandemic and having to get knee surgery, that didn’t really happen. Maybe next year though!

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Mya Abititeux
No broom

Post by Mya Abititeux »

I started playing volleyball when I was around seven and my dad bribed me to join the game at our family reunion. I continued to play at the reunions for the next few years and was on both my middle and high school teams. My town usually hosts a small tournament of four or five teams every summer, but we aren't sure if we'll be able to this year and my college doesn't have a team, so this might end up being the first year I haven't played competitively in a long time.

I also ran track and field for two years in high school. I was pretty good, but I never really enjoyed it the way I do volleyball. Mostly, I only ran because a friend asked me to. After he hurt his ankle and decided not to run the next season, I quit too.
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Volleyball is my sport. Similar to Mya, I started playing during summer barbecues/get-togethers. Then, someone taught it as a "culture class" at Chinese school. I didn't have organized volleyball until high school. My senior year of high school was the first year that the use of a libero was allowed, so I was the first ever libero! Since high school, I've played in various different leagues, both indoor and sand. I used to drive an hour away to play in some leagues, but I try to stick to ones closer to me now.
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

I do athletics :) . Mostly running events and a bit of a basketball. I have been doing athletics from primary grades and I really do enjoy it. Playing basketball with my friends and sisters is so fun and bit of a less tiring than athletic exercises! Anyways, I enjoy both of them. A lot !
Azriel Malfoy
No broom

Post by Azriel Malfoy »

I play tennis and swim regularly (3 times/week and once/week respectively). I'm also pretty good at volleyball and table tennis (I played in both school teams in middle school), but I learned these two by myself (never had an actual coach), during PE at school and at home.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

I currently play bowling with Special Olympics from Oct.-May (there's actually a tournament coming up for that) and i also do softball during the summer months with Special Olympics as well.
Teresa Beefers
No broom

Post by Teresa Beefers »

I play soccer, and I like it very much.(football)
Nova Wheeler
No broom

Post by Nova Wheeler »

I'm in middle school and play Volleyball and Cheer. In previous years I have also done Track, basketball, Soccer, gymnastics, and cross country. I love sports!
Scarlet Robloutain
No broom

Post by Scarlet Robloutain »

I used to swim a lot and I've danced for 14 years, I tried to get back into it again but it's just hard finding something I love again. However I have been doing martial arts for a couple of years now and I do quite love that.
pedes in terra ad sidera visus
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I don't think there is a sport I haven't tried (within the sports available to my regen). When I was in school, I played field hockey, softball, netball, track, tennis, short distances, long distances, cheer. Even tried my hands on cricket, rugby and soccer (football). Outside School I did outdoor and extreme sports, mountain biking, cycling, mountain climbing, abseiling, river rafting, swimming etc. Few years ago I picked up dancing and mixed martial arts. At the moment I just go walking everyday but I would love to pick up on most of these again.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Amy Darvill
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Darvill »

Hahaha...I don't do sports...like at all.

Actually, I joke. I don't do sports now, and I've never considered myself a sporty person, but there was this one PE teacher when I was in elementary school who had at least to me, an innovative idea. For each little block of time (I can't remember if it was monthly or not) she would focus on a specific sport. We tried volleyball (Eh, I didn't do great), softball (absolutely terrified the ball would hit me), and soccer. One of my few regrets is that I didn't try to follow it more growing up after that year because I really did love it when we were playing. It is honestly, something I might try to look into next year. It's way too late for me to join the Olympics, but it might be fun to find a pick-up league or something.

P.s. Also I think we did basketball too. I didn't like that either. Don't know what it was about soccer but that is literally the only sport I can pretend to care about.
Adrienne Black
No broom

Post by Adrienne Black »

I used to play baseball when I was growing up, and then into my teen years I played a sport called ringette ( it’s a Canadian thing, like hockey for girls)

Return to “Sports Talk”