Favorite Type Of Music

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Kathren Johnsun
No broom

Re: Favorite Type Of Music

Post by Kathren Johnsun »

How have I avoided posting here?

My favorite genre is probably country. Specifically 80-2000s country music (not too twangy and before the ultra-pop movement that took over for awhile T-Swift) The main exception to that time period is Home Free who always release great music.

Seriously, if you have never checked out Home Free before, think of groups like Alabama or Oak Ridge Boys and you have the sound that they are going for, just make sure to remove the instruments first as Home Free is a capella.

Tags:
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

This one is hard, because I love all types of music. If I had to narrow it down to a favorite, it would probably be either Steampunk or Alternative Rock.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

Hmmmm.... I love all types of music. But mostly my song albums are filled with Rock pop music, calm songs and loads of Disney songs.
Emerald Nightshade
No broom

Post by Emerald Nightshade »

Well I kind of have a mix...
I listen to
-Nightcore (I don’t know if this counts but yeah)
-Pop
-Hip-hop
-Dance/Electronic
-Rock
-Christian Rock
-Maybe a little bit of country
*Signature made by Kendra Givens for Secret Elf
*Winter Fling 2020 Signature
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

I love CLASSIC
Mary Seville
No broom

Post by Mary Seville »

I absolutely love Broadway, it's my favorite type of music. My favorite musical is Newsies and I also love Heathers, Dear Evan Hansen, and Hadestown. The list goes on and on
Nivek Skytook
No broom

Post by Nivek Skytook »

All sorts! Prog rock, blues, jazz, cinematic soundtracks probably top the list.
Leo Berlin
No broom

Post by Leo Berlin »

I love Broadway (and off-Broadway) musicals! It's really the only genre I listen to regularly. Their voices are all so good and even the instrumentals give me chills. I'm always open to recommendations, as well.
Kista Emore
No broom

Post by Kista Emore »

I love rock music specifically 80s rock but lately i've been listening to a lot of classical music.
Loretta Dupont
No broom

Post by Loretta Dupont »

Almost anything from the 1970s and prior, especially 1950s and prior. I really don't like modern music for some reason. There is some "natural" sounding about older music. My favourite is actually French music, especially Edith Piaf.
Aura Springs
No broom

Post by Aura Springs »

honestly i like to listen to almost any genre but my favorites are probably rock, punk and alternative, and ive been into indie lately
Momoka Oguma
No broom

Post by Momoka Oguma »

Ooh I listen to all types of music (...except country...) but I really enjoy ghibli music, lana del rey, and kpop (I am a multi :) )
Cio Rose
No broom

Post by Cio Rose »

My favorite type of music are indie pop and lofi! it's just really nice and cozy :)
Azriel Malfoy
No broom

Post by Azriel Malfoy »

I'm a metalhead, my favourite subgenres being thrash, death and progressive. Some of my favourite bands include Gojira, Opeth, Death, Morbid Angel, Dismember, Obscura, Dark Tranquillity, Exodus, Death Angel. I grew up on rock (bands like Bon Jovi, Queen, Def Leppard) and I still love it :P I also love classical music, mainly because I play the piano. Honestly, I'm desperate to meet some other metalheads, so if you're there, PM me! ;)
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

I find it hard to choose just one type of music as I like listening to a lot of stuff! I think I prefer Alternative rock and Pyschedelic Pop/Rock out of everything but I am very open to the stuff I listen too ~
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

I agree it's difficult to choose just one type. There's just so much out there, plus I'm bad at picking favorites. These days, I listen to a good amount of K-pop, but I also keep a healthy dose of Alt Rock on my playlists and more ambient stuff for teaching. My boyfriend listens to a lot of prog rock and 70s Euro-pop with me in the car, so I have a good appreciation for those as well. I think I'm well inclined to like anything with a nice beat switch-up I'm not expecting
Oceana Coventina
No broom

Post by Oceana Coventina »

My absolute favorite genre of music is k-pop I listen to it almost daily. Some of my favorite k-pop groups are enhypen, txt, and just b. I also really like to listen to Conan Gray and Billie Eilish when I'm in more of an English mood lol.
Elizabeth Hermione
No broom

Post by Elizabeth Hermione »

I like Pop and Rock music
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

I enjoy classical and baroque-style music and pop, especially k-pop. I also listen to a lot of lofi while doing schoolwork.
Autumn Dwyer
No broom

Post by Autumn Dwyer »

My favorites are pop and electronic.

Return to “Music Talk”