Seasonal Treats

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Seasonal Treats

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

As I munched on yet another apple cider donut today at work, I got to thinking about how many foods, snacks, and general flavors are specific to fall. Starbucks coffee now has a pumpkin spice cold brew that I adore, and I always love their caramel apple spice drink when it gets chilly outside. Some cafes have apple themed meals specifically for fall, like a salad with dried apple slices in it. So my question to you is....fall, spring, summer, or winter - what is your favorite seasonal treat?
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Re: Seasonal Treats

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is amazing! I've never actually had one before, so I had to get it when it came out. :D My all-time favorite seasonal beverage was the cherry mocha Starbucks had for Valentine's Day. I got it randomly cause I had an early class and needed some caffeine, so decided to give the seasonal beverage a chance. And oh my, it was delicious! Unfortunately, next time I went, they weren't offering it anymore, so I hope they bring it back next year! This summer, they came out with the Tie Dye Frappuccino which I wasn't a huge fan of though it did look pretty. I try to give each seasonal beverage a chance cause... how bad could it be? :lol:
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Phoenix Hale
No broom

Re: Seasonal Treats

Post by Phoenix Hale »

I love hot apple cider (especially when something strong is added :P ). Some of my favorite fall memories consists of getting a huge group of friends together to exchange gifts or during Friendsgiving and making a huge vat of hot apple cider. You just add some cloves, a cinnamon stick, and an anise seed along with store bought apple cider and Irish whiskey. It's heavenly!

Return to “Discussions”