NFL Football 2019

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

NFL Football 2019

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

Football officially begins tonight! Who is your team? How have they looked in preseason?

As for me I love my Oakland Raiders! They were great in preseason, usually are, it's the regular season we have trouble with. lol
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~

Tags:
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Re: NFL Football 2018

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Denver Broncos all the way!! I also root for these teams, in this order:

The Eagles (for my Stepdad)
The Packers (for 3 of my close friends)
The Panthers (for 1 of my close friends)
The Steelers (for 4 of my close friends)
Whoever is playing the Colts
Whoever is playing the Cowboys
Astaria Rivers
No broom

Post by Astaria Rivers »

I was raised watching the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers. My dad is a bears fan while my step-dad is a packers fan. Those two can't be in the same room during football season. I try to stay neutral and cheer for whichever team is winning. It isn't the best way to do it, but I rarely watch football.
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

The Superbowl is tomorrow evening between the New England Patriots and the LA Rams. Will you be watching? Are you going to a Superbowl party? DO you just watch for the new commercials?
Adaleine Shuster

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

Ha! You read my mind. Yes I admit to only watching for the commercials.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

I went to a party! depending on who is playing I'll watch the game, but this year i was more interested in the commercials and half-time show! i was so excited for them to be playing "Sweet Victory" and was thoroughly disappointed with their "tribute" instead of playing the song. The drumline was nice though
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Re: NFL Football 2019

The new season has started, how does your team look in preseason? tell us who your team is and who they are playing Week 1. Are you playing an Fantasy League?
Sydney Rogakis
No broom

Post by Sydney Rogakis »

Someone posted last year I think that they're fans of the Denver Broncos. That's my team (my whole family's team) all the way!!! My team did okay in preseason, but it doesn't really matter. It's just preseason. :) I don't live in an area close to my team anymore, so hopefully I can figure out how to access games this season or just break down and get Game Pass.

My second team is the Colts, and I'm fine with Luck's decision. However, I do wish they weren't paying him so much to NOT play. I also (even though I don't necessarily root for them to win being in my division) like watching Phillip Rivers play the game and I hope Derek Carr has a better season this year. Who has eyes like that while playing football? ;) I always root against the Ravens. I'm not sure why; I just don't like them. I don't necessarily root for the Bengals, but I really like tigers, so I think their helmets are pretty to look at.

What about Fantasy Football? Does anyone get into that? I have a team with some co-workers and family members in a league we've had for about 8 years. It's a lot of fun, even though I've only won once.
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

I was expecting my team, the Baltimore Ravens, to crash and burn this year [despite preseason, which does not matter] but so far, unlike just about every other team I'm following, they're actually doing well!
Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Kath Snape »

WELL I KNOW EVERYONE WILL HATE ME AND "MY TEAM"!!

MY TEAM IS THE 2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS - FOR THE 6TH TIME -

THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS !!!

I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS TEAM ALL MY LIFE, YEAH I'M OLD!! I USED TO LIVE ON THE EAST COAST, UP UNTIL 2017, THEN I MOVED TO THE WEST COAST. MY ALLEGIANCE HASN'T CHANGED!!

IN THE PAST, I HAVE BEEN A FAN OF THE NEW YORK JETS, GREEN BAY PACKERS AND THE SAN FRANCISCO 49'S TOO. YOU CAN ALWAYS LOVE MORE THEN ONE TEAM.

I LOVE WELL PLAYED, INJURY FREE, HARD FOUGHT AND PENALTY FREE GAMES.

MY STATEMENT TO ANYONE WHO LOVES SPORTS LIKE I DO, BUT COMPLAINS ABOUT ANY TEAMS WINNING OR LOSING RECORD IS VERY SIMPLE - "ANY TEAM - CAN BEAT ANY TEAM - ON ANY GIVEN DAY!"

GO PATS!!
Prof. Kath Snape - Teacher of Potions For Beginners & Advanced Potion Making

WE WILL ONLY DISCOVER EXCELLENCE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HARD WORK!!

HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD OF IT

WAND - 8.50" Oak and Phoenix Feather
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I seem to be in the minority, here, but I am a lifelong fan of the DALLAS COWBOYS!

I also do cheer for the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS, and pretty much any team that plays Green Bay or San Francisco.

Although I am not a die hard Patriots fan, I do like Tom Brady, so....GO BRADY!
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Emily Spencer wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:10 am I seem to be in the minority, here, but I am a lifelong fan of the DALLAS COWBOYS!
Hey, I live with one of those! Which means, I had to convert... so I'm now a Cowboys fan too.

I did grow up between Eagles and Giants territories, so I'm pretty familiar with the division.
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:57 pm
Hey, I live with one of those! Which means, I had to convert... so I'm now a Cowboys fan too.

I did grow up between Eagles and Giants territories, so I'm pretty familiar with the division.
Yay! Another Cowboys fan! I knew I liked you for a reason :)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head

Return to “Sports Talk”