The Drabble Babble Challenge will also be accepting ORIGINAL (as in, YOUR OWN) photography!Drabble (n.) = "an extremely short work of fiction of exactly one hundred words in length"
One theme will be announced per issue. Participants will then write a small piece of fiction (or non-fiction) about that theme. What's the catch? The submission must be a drabble! That means the story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (titles do not count).
You can submit TWO drabbles per issue for 5 points each (10 points max). Send all submissions to email@example.com with the subject: "Spooky DBC". Please include your HOL Name and House in the email. No attachments, please!
Deadline: Monday, 30th of SEPTEMBER
That's right, you heard me. Along with submitting TWO drabbles, you are also able to submit up to TWO photographs for 5 points each (10 points max). This is on top of your written drabbles, so it's a total of 20 points in all.
SO DBC POINTS BREAKDOWN, Y'ALL:
10 points max drabbles (5 points each)
10 points max photographs (5 points each)
Total: 20 points
Isn't that nice?
A few notes (PLEASE READ):
- DRABBLES: If you don't have a word-counter on your word processor, we typically use this site: http://www.wordcounttool.com/. Just copy/paste your work into the box, press the submit button, and it will give you a word count. Again, titles are not part of the total, so make sure not to include them on the online tool.
- DRABBLES: For those of you who are complaining that 100 words is too much, look above at the description of the Drabble Babble Challenge. That's exactly 100 words. Not too bad, right?
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Please include a small 1-3 sentence blurb about your image. While the Alte is accepting artwork, we're still a writing newspaper, we like words. A lot. Really, we do.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Please upload all photos onto an image server, like postimg, Flickr, etc. Send the link in. We will NOT open attachments!
- All work submitted must adhere to HOL guidelines, which means it should really be child-friendly.
- For any further questions, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can.