Introductions!

Class led by Prof. Zenix James

Moderator: Prof. Zenix James

Prof. Zenix James
Oakshaft 79

Introductions!

Post by Prof. Zenix James »

Welcome! So, this is where you're going to introduce yourself for assignment one. Just tell us a little bit about you and what you are into around HOL. Maybe some of the other classes you're taking.

I'll re-introduce myself to start off.

Obviously, my name is Zenix. My name generally has some gender confusion, so, to clear it up, I am a girl. I am a very old Gryffindor. This will be my...13th year on HOL and in Gryffindor, and I very much love and enjoy this site, especially the people. This is the only class I'm teaching currently, however there is actually a sister class to this one that is already written, which will probably appear for the Spring term. I've been on a little break from this place, but I'm back and, hopefully, better than ever. I look forward to meeting you all!

And my lovely class assistant, Kim Alting, will be posting her introduction when she has a hot minute to do so.

Your turn!
Born This Way| Music <3|Book Lover

Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo.
Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Re: Introductions!

Post by Kim Alting »

I have the great honor of being Zenix's assistant for this wonderful class! I joined HOL in 2014, and I am currently the Head Prefect of Gryffindor, and co-leader of HOLLERS. I too, like Zenix, have a great sense of humor, and I can be a little sarcastic. Above all, I'm friendly and always willing to help people out! Don't be afraid to ask questions!

In real life, I have a master's degree in Pharmacy. I graduated in the Summer of 2017, and now have a full-time job at the National Pharmacovigilance Centre. It's also why Potions and Herbology are my favorite classes in the Wizarding World.

I hope we'll have a great term together, and you'll learn to look at things differently from taking this class.
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Hi, another proud lion here. :D

I'm Sky and I've been a HOLer since 2013. As well as being a Gryffindor prefect and getting under Kim's feet like an over excited puppy, I help run the Hol Bookclub. I also maintain a semi-permanent (read: obsessive) residency in the Hol chat (I'm the one in the corner with the sleeping bag and marshmallows).

This year I'm starting my OWLs (gulp) and also teaching my own class for the first time. We'll see how that goes! In real life, I'm about to begin my Master's degree in Writing.

I was drawn to this class primarily because I find the issues it raises truly fascinating and haven't encountered anything like it before....but not going to lie, Zenix's sense of humour was a massive contributing factor.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

Greetings and Salutations Everyone!!!!
I too am a Proud Lioness... :D Rawrr!!
I came back to HOL after a long break and I am looking forward to making new friends and learning new things. My family and friends are starting to join HOL... (jumping up and down yelling "Woooo-Hoooo!") I currently work for a Humongous "Amazing" (hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge) Muggle Factory, and what I do is pick items that people order on this Innovative, Muggle, Internet Network. hahahahaha So in a small sense, I am like an elf, but not a house elf; more like a Christmas elf that works all year long. I am taking this class because I work with so many muggles and I see how the magical world and muggles do collide a lot. So, I am interested to learn ways to handle slippery situations and just learn a subject that intrigues me. So far, Everyone here has been extremely nice and helpful and I too have probably got underfoot of Sky like she mentioned to another.... hahahahaha Can't wait to get to know everyone here in class and do some of the discussions. I am currently also taking Defense Against the Dark Arts, Dragons, and Animagus 101. I may take up one more class because I see Gryffindors are a few points behind for second place but I'd like to be first. :rolleyes: (Hoping I can earn more points for Gryffindor because my hubby is in Ravenclaw :lol: )
Guinevere Avalon
No broom

Post by Guinevere Avalon »

Greetings!

My name's Guinevere Avalon, a long-absent lioness. I do hope this absence will be my last. I am in my fifth year at HOL, though I imagine I could have graduated by now. :lol: I am not currently up to anything in HOL, but in the past, I was part of GQT, prefect, HOLLERS assistant, first friend and I could count some more positions. I am also taking Disney Studies: The Classics, Dance Academy: Ballet, Occlumency and W.O.M.B.A.T., and of course, O.W.L.S. though I can't imagine I'll do anything for that this year. I hope so.

I took this class because it looked really interesting. When I was a semi-permanent student here it was offered a few times, but never took it. I'm glad I got another chance.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Hello! My name is Arianna, i'm a 4th year Slytherin Prefect! I teach 2 classes, assist with 1, and am the new HOLLERS Co-Head! I'm excited to take this class because I am a pure-blood but want to know more about the divide between wizards and muggles to help with our Muggle-born students :)

IRL I do freelance theatre/event tech work (currently doing a longtime stint at a skating rink!) and am a mom to a rambunctious 1 yr old!
Prof. Zenix James
Oakshaft 79

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

So glad you could join us for the term. I truly hope you enjoy the class and if there are any questions, feel free to ask!

Actually, the sister class to this one which will be offered in the Spring does delve into Blood-Status, so if you enjoy this class, I definitely think you'll find that one interesting as well as it is a little darker.

Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Hey all! I’m Iverian Gnash (just call me Ivey, Ive, or whatever creative name people can come up with :P ) I’m taking this class mostly cause it looked really cool B) and Zee *cough* Professor Zenix is teaching it and she has a real gift for humor :lol: I hope to learn a lot about the reasons why muggles and magical folk are kept separated. I bit about myself: I’m currently a first-year Gryffindor. I’m on HOL a lot and... if you’re looking for me, I’m gonna be the crazy loud girl who’s constantly tryin to crack jokes :D So, this will be a great semester :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Kath Snape »

HELLO ALL !!

I AM PROF. KATH SNAPE FROM THE HUFFLEPUFF HOUSE AND I HAVE BEEN AROUND A VERY LONG TIME. I STARTED AS A STUDENT, WAS A STUDENT TEACHER, GRADUATED AND THE BECAME AN HOL PROFESSOR. I HAVE BEEN TEACHING MY HOL POTIONS FOR BEGINNERS CLASS FOR MANY YEARS. I STARTED READING THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS A FEW YEARS AFTER THEY CAME OUT, THANKS TO MY OLDEST DAUGHTERS SUGGESTIONS.

THE REASON I AM TAKING THIS CLASS IS I WANT TO KNOW WHAT PROF. ZENIX JAMES IDEAS CONCERNING MUGGLES AND MAGIC ENTAIL. I LOVE TAKING CLASSES HERE AT HOL AND I AM EXCITED TO TRY THIS CLASS. THE MORE YOU LEARN ABOUT MUGGLES AND THE WIZARDING WORLD THE BETTER.

THANK YOU AND MAY EVERYONE HAVE AN AWESOME SPRING TERM!! :)
Prof. Kath Snape - Teacher of Potions For Beginners & Advanced Potion Making

WE WILL ONLY DISCOVER EXCELLENCE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HARD WORK!!

HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD OF IT

WAND - 8.50" Oak and Phoenix Feather
Adaleine Shuster

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

Hello! I am Adaleine Shuster, first year Hufflepuff. I am on HOL a lot and spend most of my time on #hol. I joined in November, and don't exactly have any roles... I'm a wannabe book club head, and(still wannabe) class assistant. I have a pretty good sense of humor... I think. I don't know I may actually just be imagining that people are always laughing at my jokes while they are in fact, not. I joined this class because it looked loose and fun. I'm not going to pretend like another reason I joined was because it was taught by Zenix, and her sense of humor is awesome! I'm very excited to take this class, and hopefully earn some points!
Prof. Zenix James
Oakshaft 79

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the 79th Hunger Games!

...Oh, no? Wrong universe? Okay, my bad.

Seriously, though, welcome to the class everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say hello and I hope your term is going absolutely fantastic!

I have awarded points for the assignments and EC I have received, so if you submitted something and did not get points, let me know and we can figure out what is going on.

Sound good? Good.

- Prof. James

Anna Snape
No broom

Post by Anna Snape »

Hello all! (Yes, I'm aware we're more than halfway through spring term already :ph34r: )
My name is Anna and I'm a third year Slytherin. Besides being just the average student, I'm a HOLLERS Assistant as well! Reading the introductions above, I'm feeling a certain pressure to be funny... Sadly I have no humor switch, my humor is more of an uncontrollable force bursting through the surface every once in a while - and woe betide anyone near me when that happens! :P

I joined this class because it looked like one of the few related to what I'm studying IRL; sociology. From what I could gather by reading through the introductory parts of the class website, this class will provide food for thought and make me laugh at the same time, my favorite kind of class :D
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

Another late starter I suppose - also utterly sans humor switch, though Kendra and Sky sometimes seem to think otherwise. No idea why.
Anyway, they're some of the HOLers I am most likely to hide behind... ehm... chat with. Definitely chat with. I am not hiding ever... :ph34r: Goes hide somewhere...

Really though. I am a third year Ravenclaw prefect and an editor of the House Paper Alte Sententiam. I am also a Library Head so hopefully you're all getting your pens sharpened and your inkwells filled.
I am also something of a human encyclopedia; In my school year book the quote people had for me was "Did you know..." because I tended to tell just about anyone who'd listen about the most random things. I of course never do that anymore (That's a lie... I totally do that all the time)

In real life I work with children from 5th to 10th grade; taking care of them during their breaks and playing games and helping them with homework and generally being an adult who has time to listen to them and spend time with them. And see to it that they don't throw their shoes out the window just because it's tuesday.

Return to “Muggles and Magic Collide”