Announcing HOL Version 5

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Paddy O'Brien
Shooting Star

Re: Announcing HOL Version 5

Post by Prof. Paddy O'Brien »

Fumbly wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:29 pm Now that I've had time to settle into the new digs and explore, I really must say again... THANK YOU. You have transformed HOL into an elegant and beautiful experience. What a special treat!
Now I really (don't) miss the very, very old HOL forums. But why... o why... didn't my password work the first time. I had to kick some first years, house-elfs and some other nasty things in the corridor to finally get in again.

*sits in a corner, sobbing. 'They even destroyed the old offices;*

(funny to see this is now running on phpBB, as we had lengthy discussion with some staffmembers about it years long gone by)
Prof Paddy O' Brien Professor Emeritus, Emeritus Head of Slytherin House
Students.. do not enter, or face the consequences.

Ivy Field
No broom

Post by Ivy Field »

We
are
making
a
new
site?!
I literally just joined! Well then, time to get used to a new website when I just got the feel of things here!
Kathren Johnsun
No broom

Post by Kathren Johnsun »

As far as I am aware, a large portion of the update was actually done over the last few months with updates coming out every once in a while to finish releasing the update. So don't worry you won't have to completely relearn the website so soon after joining.
Last edited by Kathren Johnsun on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Ivy Field wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:35 am We
are
making
a
new
site?!
I literally just joined! Well then, time to get used to a new website when I just got the feel of things here!
Yep, as Kathren says you're already experiencing HOL 5 :). All that will happen now is new features will continue to be released (which you can find news about in the forum called Admin Office), so don't worry: you'll only have as much learning as everyone else when new bits gradually get added.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Mason Bella Black
No broom

Post by Mason Bella Black »

I'm so excited for this new version, but I'm also sad because their will be a few things that we all will lose that we worked hard for. :) :)
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Mason Bella Black wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:19 am I'm so excited for this new version, but I'm also sad because their will be a few things that we all will lose that we worked hard for. :) :)
Please see above; you're already experiencing HOL v5! There are just some new things in the future (like visiting Hogsmeade) that they're still working on!
Erika Hart
No broom

Post by Erika Hart »

Good job to those who worked on it hard to make everyone in the HOL community happy! Thank you!
Lena Emeraldgem
No broom

Post by Lena Emeraldgem »

I'm very excited to be able to attend Hogsmeade, I just joined for the Spring Term and it will be a great adventure going to that village. I am looking forward to all the great shops. Snacks, specialty shops for stationary and the sorts, and try out the famous Butterbeer!
Autumn Folchini
No broom

Post by Autumn Folchini »

This is amazing! I can't wait!! :D :D

Return to “The Great Hall”