The Dragon Prince

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

The Dragon Prince

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Ok, I cannot stop recommending this show enough!!

From the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender, this Netflix Original Series is so wonderful!

The Netflix Description:
An extraordinary discovery inspires two human princes and an elven assassin to team up on an epic quest to bring peace to their warring lands.
The Wikipedia Description (contains a tiny spoiler but you learn about it pretty early on):
The series is set in a fantasy world where humans and elves are in conflict. Long ago, the humans used dark magic, and were driven off by the dragons and elves to one end of the continent. Now, after humans killed the dragon king and his egg, war is imminent. As forces gather, the elves attempt to assassinate the human king Harrow and his heir, the young prince Ezran. One among the elves, the young Rayla, discovers that the dragon king's egg wasn't in fact destroyed, but stolen. Together with Ezran and his step-brother Callum, she undertakes to return the egg to the dragons to prevent war. But the mage Viren, King Harrow's advisor, is intent on war. He seizes power after the king dies in the assassination attempt, and sends his children Claudia and Soren after the fugitives.
The animation is wonderful, and the voice acting is good too!

BUT THE BEST REASON TO WATCH is the plot! It is so interesting and original! The magic system is intriguing and relatively simple, with magic coming from Six Primal Sources (Sun, Moon, Earth, Ocean, Stars, and Sky) with a Seventh (Dark Magic) found by humans.

Overall, 100% recommend, can't wait for the already planned second season!! Have you seen it? (Don't forget to use the spoiler tag!!)
Astaria Rivers
No broom

Re: The Dragon Prince

Post by Astaria Rivers »

I haven't seen this, but I think I would be interested. Always looking for new stuff on Netflix. I've been getting into more fantasy shows as of late even if anime has always been on my radar and a lot of that is fantasy based. The magic system interests me as does the plot itself. I'll have to give it a watch.

Return to “TV Talk”