Announcing HOL Version 5

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Dario Brighton
Cleansweep One

Re: Announcing HOL Version 5

Post by Prof. Dario Brighton »

Askeron Kyle wrote:Will we keep our Wizard cards?
Unfortunately, the Chocolate Frog Cards are not a part of the features we have planned for the initial release. The images we currently use are subject to copyright by Warner Bros and we have not obtained permission to use them. But worry not, your cards will be safe and stored until we design our own set of images in future updates.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Prof. Dario Brighton wrote:Unfortunately, the Chocolate Frog Cards are not a part of the features we have planned for the initial release. The images we currently use are subject to copyright by Warner Bros and we have not obtained permission to use them. But worry not, your cards will be safe and stored until we design our own set of images in future updates.
What about our personal trading cards?
Prof. Dario Brighton
Cleansweep One

Post by Prof. Dario Brighton »

Arianna Stonewater wrote:What about our personal trading cards?
We will not be able to accommodate for personal trading cards to be transferred as we're slowly reaching the maximum available server space allocated for our databases and files. The upside is that we will be launching a new personal trading card project soon, so everyone will have an opportunity to earn points and get creative. We are looking into publishing a detailed guide on what is going to be transferred over within the next few days.
Bianca Delacroix
No broom

Post by Bianca Delacroix »

This is certainly exciting!!

If you guys need illustrations, graphics, like plants for a greenhouse or owls or that sort of thing I would love to help. You can retain full rights to the images, I don't care. I went to school for Illustration and am very capable digitally. I can create spot illustrations like the ones they used on the initial Pottermore. If you want some samples or something just name it, send me a message through my email on HOL or b.v.delacroix@gmail and I am sure I can whip something up!

Again, so excited!
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

Thanks Bianca, I've sent you an email. :)
Askeron Kyle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Askeron Kyle »

Will we keep our Pets? I hope so, because some of my pets go back to 2008. Will the Pet Shop and Owlery still be there?
AskyKyle|as483|Hufflepuff|
PostGrad|Pezzie'sHuffieSis|
Hollers|Hufflepuff Staff.
Siggy by Efie
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Askeron Kyle wrote:Will we keep our Pets? I hope so, because some of my pets go back to 2008. Will the Pet Shop and Owlery still be there?
Everyone will get to keep their pets. The Pet Shop will only re-open as part of a later update, along with Hogsmeade. The Owlery will no longer be there, but you would still be able to visit other people's profiles and feed their pets there.
Askeron Kyle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Askeron Kyle »

Thank you Amy.
Siggy by Efie
Kathren Johnsun
No broom

Post by Kathren Johnsun »

Will the web address stay the same for the main page? I tend to keep the site open whenever possible. Also do we have a potential date for when the change-over will happen?
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Kathren Johnsun wrote:Will the web address stay the same for the main page? I tend to keep the site open whenever possible. Also do we have a potential date for when the change-over will happen?
The web address will remain the same. We don’t have a definite date at this stage, but we’ll be keeping everyone posted.
Askeron Kyle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Askeron Kyle »

Which discussion boards are you discontinuing?
Siggy by Efie
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Askeron Kyle wrote:Which discussion boards are you discontinuing?
Classes sometimes make use of discussion boards rather than the HOL forum. These discussion boards are currently found under 'Class Discussion' on a particular class's page. Other areas where discussion boards are currently found include the Art and Library Departments as well as the HOL Board page.

In a future update we plan on integrating a particular class's subforum from the main HOL forum with that class's page. The subforum would then be able to be accessed from both the HOL forum and the class page. We’ll likely be doing something similar for the Art and Library Departments.
Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Post by Pezzie Wolfe »

I'm kind of excited and nervous. I look forward to seeing the changes. And new things. :)
Sig Tag by Pezzie. I Love NKOTB :wub:
HOL Member since August 2003 | Here's to 20 Years at HOL!
Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Kath Snape »

I am very excited for all the new changes that are being planned. Many sound amazing especially updating and the removal of outdated or unused areas.

I hope all will fall into place soon and I can't wait to see how creative Prof. Lupin and Prof. Dario have been in their new designs for HOL!!

Thank you both for all your hard work and efforts that will create a new and even more wonderful HOL for all the true Harry Potter fans in the magical and muggle worlds!!
:wub:
Prof. Kath Snape - Teacher of Potions For Beginners & Advanced Potion Making

WE WILL ONLY DISCOVER EXCELLENCE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HARD WORK!!

HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD OF IT

WAND - 8.50" Oak and Phoenix Feather
Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

I KNOW IT HAS BEEN A WHILE, BUT I HAVE A QUESTION.

WHEN I WAS A STUDENT HERE AT HOL UNDER THE NAME OF KATH SNAPE I HAD EARNED ALL THE WIZARDING CARDS.

WHEN I BECAME A PROFESSOR, I JUST CHECKED, NONE OF THEM WERE TRANSFERRED TO MY PROFESSOR PROFILE. IS THERE ANY WAY, BEFORE THE NEW CHANGES TAKE PLACE, THAT MY WIZARDING CARDS CAN NOW BE TRANSFERRED TO MY PROFESSOR PROFILE??

I SURE WOULD HATE TO LOOSE THEM !! :(

THANK YOU FOR CHECKING INTO THIS FOR ME.

Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Done :)

If anyone has any similar requests please send them to amy.lupin @ hol.org.uk (without the spaces) and I'll add them to the queue. We are both very busy with HOL 5 preparations though so please be patient.
Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

Thank you so much for saving my Wizarding Cards to my Professor Profile. :wub:

I wish there was a way to save all my student accomplishments to be included with my Professor profile - my awards - classes taken information - OWL results etc, but I'm not sure if such a thing is allowed or doable. Just a thought!! :rolleyes:

Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

We can transfer your awards across, but not any other data relating to classes or points as this has wider ramifications.

The only data we can safely transfer between accounts is awards, beans, pets, treasures and wizarding cards.
Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

Alrighty then !! Thank you for looking into that. I wish some how the two could have been combined, as both being a student and then a professor it would have been great to show all accomplishments attained here at HOL.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

This (the HOL Forum) looks different to me. Have you changed the font and spacing here on the HOL Forum, as part of the whole up-dating process?

It's more legible, easy to read. Either that or my eyesight sharpened up a bunch!

edit: I notice another difference -- it also seems to be a tad bit wider. I have to balance the entire page in the middle of my screen in order to see the posts and see who wrote them at the same time.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “The Great Hall”