Favorite Dr. Seuss Book

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Hannah R Thomas
No broom

Favorite Dr. Seuss Book

Post by Hannah R Thomas »

As a child, I never was big on reading; however, I always fascinated by Dr. Seuss's books. One of which was Oh, the Places You'll Go! Mainly because of the crazy imagination Dr. Seuss came up with: the buildings. And the journey Dr. Seuss expresses in the book: you choose your path however you want it. Is there a Dr. Seuss book you adored as a child or still do?
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore

Tags:
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Re: Favorite Dr. Seuss Book

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

I read a TON of Dr. Seuss, but for some reason, one of my favorites was always "The Foot Book". I think I enjoyed that it was rhyming and poetic. It was always an easy read and I loved the images describing the opposites. I think it might have been one of the first books I read all by myself as a child. Secondary to that, I'd choose "Green Eggs and Ham" for the amount of random in it.
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

It's hard to believe, but I've actually never read a single Dr. Seuss book, nor had any read to me, nor even seen one in the library. They seem to be rather popular in other places though. We must be the weird ones. But looking at the titles (To make sure I hadn't read one of them without realising who the author was), I realised that while playing the Sims3, I have had my sims children read some books that are eeriely similar:

"Bluish Eggs With a Side of Pastrami" - Similar to "Green Eggs and Ham"
"Frank I'm Not" - Similar to "Sam I am"
And the most obvious one:
"Oh the Destinations You'll Briefly Visit" - Very similar to "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"

So that amused me a lot to find out that my sims have been reading Dr. Seuss
Astaria Rivers
No broom

Post by Astaria Rivers »

I didn't read much Dr. Seuss, but I do remember visiting the doctor once and my mom reading Green Eggs and Ham to me. I kept arguing that eggs weren't green, they were yellow and white. She stopped reading the book. The Cat in the Hat I liked. The movie, too.
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

It's actually also rather amusing; I dance square dance and there is a music piece there called "Whoop square it is"
One of the choruses there has these lyrics:

I would not eat them in the rain
I would not eat them on a train
I do not like green eggs and pig
what I like is
Whoop square it is

Green eggs and ham... hmm.. It amuses me that they used this reference in a song.

Return to “Book Talk”