Nimbus 1500

Off to School

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Name: Off to School
Link: http://forum.hol.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=476
Type: HOL-wide Activity
Date: August-September 2017
Organizers: Sky Alton, Aurelia West, Gail Allen, Kendra Givens, Katelin Ross

Did you discover any fun/new areas of HOL?
Which task(s) did you enjoy completing?
Did you attend any chat parties? Which game did you like the best?
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Off to School

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

Did you discover any fun/new areas of HOL?
Funnily enough, I did discover that on the HOL forum if you go to quick links, there's a link to take you directly to unread posts. After five years, I had no idea until that one task for Off to School. It has been immensely helpful since then. Less time consuming checking the forum!

Which task(s) did you enjoy completing?
The quidditch tasks were definitely my favorite. I also liked that each house had their own little task with a house theme attached.

Did you attend any chat parties? Which game did you like the best?
I was able to attend three chat parties I believe, and I really liked the "Who am I?" games and the "Whodunnit" game that Medea ended up being the culprit and no one had a clue. I had such solid reasoning for Cody, and he turned out to be innocent. Oops.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Did you discover any fun/new areas of HOL? * Actually, yes. They weren't new to me, but I found there were fun things to do in all the Houses and in the HOL forum and on IRC.
Which task(s) did you enjoy completing? * I pretty much enjoyed all the tasks which I completed. I particularly enjoyed seeing and reading what everyone else posted. We have a lot of talent, here, at HOL.
Did you attend any chat parties? Which game did you like the best? * Yes, I attended some chat parties. I very much enjoyed the 'Who am I' games and the '20 Questions' games.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

Such a fun activity!!

Did you discover any fun/new areas of HOL? I learned a lot more about topics that I should know already such as how to see just new posts.

Which task(s) did you enjoy completing? All the creative tasks were amazing! I LOVED creating a scrapbook page. I also love all the puzzles.

Did you attend any chat parties? Which game did you like the best? I did get to attend a chat party and my favorite game was the who do it mystery!! So much fun. :wub:

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

This was a great activity for the start of term. I love that all the Common Rooms were involved and how so many aspects of HOL were introduced. I had trouble deciding where to move the forum after it was over because there are so many helpful links! The chat parties were a lot of fun and I'm glad they are continuing. One day I will get to play Articulate!

Return to “The Scrapbook Archive”