TV Show Revivals

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Astrid Black
No broom

TV Show Revivals

Post by Prof. Astrid Black »

I've been seeing a lot of nostalgia inducing series being brought back from the dead in recent years with sequel series or continuations. Girl Meets World and Fuller House are sequels to two of my favourite 90's shows and they are reviving Will and Grace and Friends with new episodes. Not to mention That's so Raven and Sabrina the Teenage Witch are being talked about getting sequel series to them.

How do you guys feel about all the revivals happening? Is it a warm nostalgic feeling or is it being overdone now due to the success of a few? Are there any you wish would be revived or any you think should've stayed where they were?

For me I think it's getting to the point of being overdone but if the great Joss Whedon would revive his Firefly series then I would be completely supportive of that and be among the first to binge watch that.
Lavinia Rookwood
No broom

Re: TV Show Revivals

Post by Lavinia Rookwood »

*revives the thread*

I'm not sure how I feel persay...I haven't had the urge to watch a sequel/revival show of one I watched when I was younger. At the same time, I'm a fan of a show that's a reboot of an oldie, Hawaii 5-0. I think ultimately for me, it feels a little more like cashing in on an easy idea, but I think that's because I feel like most of Hollywood is doing that lately. I think while there are new ideas, they seem to be drowned out for the sequel/reboot madness that's going on. And I kinda want the new ideas to really take the lead again.

(Then again, I might be just tired of seeing Superhero trailers every other week it seems.)
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

I think it is a bit overdone but their are a few I would love to see brought back...one being FireFly. Another being the BBC series the Musketeers. Also Angel(Joss Whedon needs to get busy.lol) Also any old Western series like Gun Smoke,The Rifleman,Magnificent Seven and Little House on the Prairie.
Image RQT 2017/18
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

Yesssss.... Firefly needs to come back and finish what Josh started....
or another show I really like is "Terra Nova". They Only did one season and it just left me hanging... grrrrr :angry:
The remake of Battlestar Galactica was good but I do prefer the original....
And most of the TV remakes try too hard.... so Hollywood needs to come up with new ideas and quick!!! Lol
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

I recently found out that Charmed is getting a reboot. As much as I loved the original series when I was younger, I'm a bit wary of bringing it back with completely different characters (especially seeing as there would be an overlap in timelines between the original and the new one... it doesn't really make sense that two sets of sisters would simultaneously be the most powerful three witches in existence). I might watch the first episode or two, but at the same time I'd probably rather preserve my memories of the original series.

Return to “TV Talk”