The Big Bang Theory

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

The Big Bang Theory

Post by Ariella McManus »

As a rule, I generally do not like comedies. And yes, I know that this show has been on awhile, but I honestly never felt the urge to watch. Boredom (and a persistent hubby) finally won out and now I'm totally hooked. Any other BBT fans out there? Who is your favourite character? Mine by far, is Sheldon.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Lavinia Rookwood
No broom

Re: The Big Bang Theory

Post by Lavinia Rookwood »

As someone else who's recently been dragged into the show, I can relate. :P Probably my favorite character is maybe either Sheldon or Leonard.

What I think I like most about this, is where alot of comedies (from my experience) tends to rely on slapstick or very silly, this show is a lot more sarcastic in the interactions. As someone who comes from a very sarcastic family, it's just the style of humor I'm more used to.
Scarlett Lacarnum
No broom

Post by Scarlett Lacarnum »

I also love Big Bang Theory! I got hooked in Season 2 and had to binge watch Season 1. But I am all caught up and never miss an episode. My favorite character is Sheldon as well. I think he has grown a lot and is very quirky. I find him endearing. It's nice to see the guys who were bullied and called nerds be so successful. I do think that it is time for the show to wrap up though. It can end with closure. But no matter what I will see it through.
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I'm a fan too. I use it as relaxation in the evenings just before I go to bed- it's familiar and light-hearted. I don't really have a favourite but I actually admire Penny for being so practical-she's also probably the most courageous out of all of them and it's fun to watch her digging the others out of a hole they've got themselves into.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

The ones I could actually do without are Howard and Bernadette. I don't hate them; but they are definitely my least favourite characters. Penny reminds me of myself a little; I like to tease my husband and say that he is my 'Leonard'.
Lavinia Rookwood
No broom

Post by Lavinia Rookwood »

Some of the people I know compare me to Raj, since I suppose I have the same issues of having trouble speaking, though mine is more generalized then his. (No matter what my friends say :rolleyes: )

Howard and Bernedette are alright, but they're definitely not my favorite part of the show. As far as couples go, it's probably Shamy that I like best. It's just such a quirky relationship but they do seem to get each so well.

I kinda hope they don't end it soon, since I'm just getting into it now, but we'll see if my tune changes once I'm caught up. I'm currently in season 6 right now. The specials on the dvd are fun, but the ones with the astronauts made me tear up, it was actually kinda special and sweet.
Hanna Inari
No broom

Post by Hanna Inari »

I liked this show a lot when it just started and then I stopped watching it when it started to be more of a typical comedy about relationships rather than a comedy about science. I watched 5 or 6 seasons and the last one I watched with big pauses and only when there was nothing else to do.
My favourite character is Leonard, he seems to be the most rational of all and he also reminds me of myself. Although I honestly cannot understand why he still tolerates Sheldon. There are lots of reasons and all of them sadden me.
Robin Blackwood

Post by Robin Blackwood »

I like this show so much; altough I am watching it rarely and with long periods between two episodes. But humor is needed beween other shows and movies. Actors are quite cool and episodes makes sense (sometimes); but after all, the sense of comedy is being funny and sometimes stupid.
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

I'm still going strong with this one. I'm still not totally on board with Howard and Bernadette, but I've learned to tolerate them better. My favourite character, by far, is Sheldon.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

Love this Show to pieces..... Sheldon is a favorite of mine and I even own a plush Soft Kitty... that sings... hahaha
All together now!
""Soft kitty, warm kitty",
"Little ball of Fur"
"Happy kitty, Sleepy Kitty",
"Purr, Purr, Purr"..... hahaha well done everyone....

You know you're going to hum this later.... lol

I also like the rest of the characters Penny, Leonard, Howie, Raj, Amy and Bernadette and Stewart and Cripkey.... (not particularly in that order but now that I look at it.... maybe)
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

I like the show my favorite character is Leonard and Sheldon tied followed by Raj.
Image RQT 2017/18
Scarlett Lacarnum
No broom

Post by Scarlett Lacarnum »

I really like this new Raj/Howard storyline. I think it has a lot of real life applications. Everyone should cut out toxic people, including friends if they have them.
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

I LOVE Big Bang Theory and Sheldon is and shall always be my favorite character. He is just annoying enough to be adorable. I also love how his character has been evolving over the seasons especially in the area of relationships with friends and Amy.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:

Return to “TV Talk”