Do You Play An Instrument?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Camila Kay
No broom

Post by Camila Kay »

I can play a little piano, and my dad tried teaching me guitar, but my main instrument is the Saxophone. I can play any saxophone you throw at me.

Literally.

I started on the Alto, but my band director has me mainly on the Baritone, which weighs more than me. My favorite Sax to play is the Soprano, which look sort of like a golden Clarinet.
Thank you Ari for my wonderful siggie!

Tags:
Trystanne McAndrews
No broom

Re: Do You Play An Instrument?

Post by Trystanne McAndrews »

I play the flute and piccolo, and I want to learn to play the guitar.
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

I play flute. I stopped for a long time after high school (6ish years?) and started playing again with the local community college band 3 years ago. I now realize I can't ever let it go, music is too powerful to give up. Some day, I would like to learn a reed instrument (sax?), brass instrument (trumpet, I guess), percussion (bells), and a string (currently own a violin, don't know how to play). Hooray for music people!
Hope Baker
No broom

Post by Hope Baker »

I play the cornet which is basically a smaller version of a trumpet. I can also play the piano, and I am currently learning how to play the clarinet. It's very difficult so far.
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

I play the guitar.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

I own a clarinet, guitar, and violin that I know how to play fairly basic songs on, but I'd really like to buckle down and learn more when I have the time!
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I am able to play the piano and took lessons from the age of six. I don't play as much since I graduated high school, but I do have two keyboards now at my apartment that were gifted to me. I was also gifted three acoustic guitars and an electric guitar. I don't know how to play them very well yet, but I am teaching myself slowly. I thought that since I now suddenly have so many of them, it made sense to do so.

I would love to learn to play the violin. Stringed instruments have a beautiful sound, and I love watching them be played. I know I have always wanted to take lessons when I had the time, but I'm still not sure when that will be. I also have an old flute lying around here somewhere, not that I can play much on it either. As much as I love music, I tend to listen to it more than play it. I plan to change that. Learning to play an instrument and create music is much more emotionally powerful to me than listening.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

I used to play trumpet but have not in quite a long time. I play guitar somewhat but haven't played in like three years.
Image RQT 2017/18
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

I had 4 years of Classical Guitar when I was younger. After I finished high school, I never touched another instrument after that. I Truly Admire everyone who has the Love and Discipline to play an instrument. I'm better at listening and quietly admiring from a distance. :rolleyes:
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Re:

Loden Evercast wrote:I play bass and guitar.
Nice HIM lyrics.
Image RQT 2017/18
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Hope Baker wrote:I play the cornet which is basically a smaller version of a trumpet. I can also play the piano, and I am currently learning how to play the clarinet. It's very difficult so far.
As did I yes a smaller trumpet but times in between trumpet and bugal. ;)
Image RQT 2017/18
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

I, sadly, do not have the musical talent to play an instrument unless you count Tibetan singing bowls as an instrument. I can, at least, sing so that makes me happy.

I always wanted to learn how to play piano though.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Charlie Spencer
No broom

Post by Charlie Spencer »

I can play the piano, viola, ukulele, and I guess singing counts as well. There was a period of time in elementary school where everyone learned how to play the recorder, and I may or may not have gotten super into it and prided in being able to play the 'hard' parts. I played the viola in school for 6ish years but had to drop it because my schedule was becoming really busy. For the piano, I took lessons forever, but then once again my schedule got in the way and I had to stop taking them. I still play it every once in a while, and at the moment I'm learning to play Clair de Lune on it. My older brother is super into music as well, and one day I borrowed his ukulele and the rest is history. Singing is probably my favorite way of expressing my love for music. It all started when I sang for my church when I was super young, and now I'm a co-section leader for the soprano 2 section in the competitive choir at my school ^_^
Jack Notre
No broom

Post by Jack Notre »

I play the snare and bass drum for my school marching band. I also play drumset a lot.
Sebastien Crowley
No broom

Post by Sebastien Crowley »

I played violin for 20 years. Eventually I had to choose between furthering my studies or the instrument and studies won out.

I still play it from time to time at family gatherings, funerals and weddings but not with as much frequency as before (so I guess I've been playing it for 30 years?).
Michael Notre
No broom

Post by Michael Notre »

I play the baritone and the guitar
Amelie Phelps
No broom

Post by Amelie Phelps »

When I was around 9 (can't remember) I did keyboard lessons for a year but quit after I took my exams. I remember passing, but not sure if I got merit or a distinction. I doubt I got a distinction, though, because I messed up during the easiest song I had to play. It wasn't even an exam for Grade 1! I did Pre-Grade 1, and I remember hating the 2 teachers I had at the institution I went to, that I would beg my mom to skip some classes. (Saturdays, but they'd be replaced during the next week) But now, the only song I know how to play by heart is Heart and Soul, and the first verse of Someone Like You by Adele. But of course, if somebody were to give me the chords to a song, I'd be able to play it; provided that I am aware of the notes in each chord!

Also, at the beginning of 2019, I decided to teach myself how to play the ukulele by just following finger placement for chords, and I've been playing it ever since. Purely as a hobby. I make song covers (mainly focusing on singing) with ukulele instrumentals because that's the only instrument I have in my possession now. It's pretty cool, but I'm pretty sure there are ukulele tips and tricks that I'm missing out on like how to properly strum or how to switch between specific chords easier; or even how to play more complex chords!

yeah, I bolded the instruments for those who aren't willing to read through the whole thing haha
Gloria Thompson
No broom

Post by Gloria Thompson »

I play the piano and that is my favourite instrument.
I love music and I want to play the guitar, but I don't have enough time to try.
Septima Lestrange
No broom

Post by Septima Lestrange »

I play ukulele! I’ve been collecting them and I have three now. They’re all super unique and fun
Loretta Dupont
No broom

Post by Loretta Dupont »

Sadly, I don't. I "learned" to play the recorder in school when I was like 7 (but who didn't? This seems to be a thing in many countries). When I was a bit older, I really wanted to play the piano. We did get a keyboard but I never got very far because I really struggled with learning to read music. I tried again more recently but even after having learned to read and write Cyrillic, me and musical notation don't get along. :(

Return to “Music Talk”