Games with staying power

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Games with staying power

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Of the games you enjoyed playing when you were younger, which of them would you like to play the most today - and why?
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Re: Games with staying power

Post by Gail Allen »

I played commander keen when I was young and I do think I'd like to play it again now. It is probably mainly for the nostalgia, but I also did think it was genuinely a good game with mazes for you to find your way through. I wouldn't know of course how I felt about it now, seeing that I haven't played it for years.

What I did play as a child and still play is the SIMS. This one is very easy for me to explain: it's a sandbox and open world. So now I play different things than I did as a child. It's simply a game where your interest determines what direction the games takes. And I love the ability to build and customize everything to your liking. That's also why I still play sims 3 and haven't shifted to sims 4. They took away a lot of the customization options.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

I had a favorite game for each system, most of which i have an app or PC Mod for now:

Original Nintendo: Duck Hunt, can't go wrong with the classics!

Nintendo SNES: Yoshi's Island

Sega: Tie between the Lion King game and Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Playstation: We had this "learning" game where you got to go on adventures and learn music and do challenges like identify notes that i loves

Gameboy: Dr. Mario

Gameboy Color Pocket: Pokemon Yellow

Gameboy Advanced: Pokemon Crystal

PC: Tie between Rollercoaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

This thread reminded me of RuneScape, which is an MMORPG. I recently started playing it again out of nostalgia, and, while it doesn't have quite the same appeal as it once did, there's still a certain charm to it.

I'd really like to play Albion, Arcanum, and/or Final Fantasy VII again at some stage. The respective story lines were quite intriguing and I remember enjoying every minute of gameplay. These were also some of the games that got me interested in RPGs.

Another game is Heroes of Might & Magic III (and IV to an extent). I have fond memories of playing both games with my brothers and two of my cousins.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

Wow! I'm a Dinosaurs at Video games. The nostalgia for me would be.....
Ok hold on everyone .... hahaha here I go..... Back in my day Atari 1600 was my console. ... and I played Astroids, PitFall, and Tempest....and Yes I actually walked to an arcade to play Pac-Man, Centipede and Pole Position..... hahaha. ... ok ok ok... everyone can stop saying "No way, Really?? That's Old"! Lol I play Tempest and Pac-Man on my xbox 360 and I still really love it
:lol: :D

Return to “Games Talk”