The Topic For Introductions!

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Nephele Faunus
No broom

Re: The Topic For Introductions!

Post by Nephele Faunus »

Hullo! I'm Nephele Faunus or just Nellie if you want. I'm a brand new first year Hufflepuff and I'm super psyched about my time at HOL! Unfortunately I signed up right at the end of the year but with all the activities, I'm sure it won't be so bad. I like reading, cappuccinos, anime/manga and a whole plethora of other stuff that will just probably bore you. It's a pleasure to meet all of you :)
Lamia Brickley
Oakshaft 79

Post by Lamia Brickley »

Welcome to HOL and Hufflepuff, Nephele.
Don't worry about it being the end of the year :D As you said, there will be lots of activities soon. At Hollers, in the Sett :D It will be a fun summer ;)
And I'm sure the next year will be really great :D
Hermione Brontë
No broom

Post by Hermione Brontë »

Hi everyone!

I'm Hermione Brontë, a first year Huffie and its a pleasure to be here! Don't know what classes I'll be taking because I just joined in summer :D but I guess I'll take advantage of that by joining Camp Hollers, because it sounds like so much fun!

See you around!
Siggy by Fumei Elf <3
Leonie Hauri
Oakshaft 79

Post by Leonie Hauri »

Hey, Hermione! I definitely recommend participating in Camp HOLLERS. It happens to be run by one of the best people on the planet <_< . Hufflepuff is a great House to be sorted into, though personally I'm Ravenclaw through and through. Thought suppose I may be biased in that matter:).
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

Welcome Nellie and Hermione! HOL is such a great place, so I know you'll love it here. There are also some wonderful people in Hufflepuff, although like Leonie, I'm in Ravenclaw. Camp HOLLERS is a great way to meet new people and get involved before the term begins. There's also a new art project up that you can participate in if you'd like. A link is on the main HOL homepage. Hope to see you around in the halls and maybe in class!
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Hope Stark
No broom

Post by Hope Stark »

Hello! First year Slytherin here and ready for the new school year to get started. When I'm not at Hogwarts, I'm in Texas. I look forward to meeting everyone!
Calla Bellows
No broom

Post by Calla Bellows »

Hello! I signed up alongside Hope up there and I am a first year Ravenclaw. I was a part of the site ages ago (I mean ages) and I'm really glad to see it still here, it's like a blast from the past and I look forward to meeting everyone that is here nowadays!
Aredhel Elensar
No broom

Post by Aredhel Elensar »

Hello! I'm Aredhel, I've just been sorted into Ravenclaw and I'm excited to get started. This place looks like a maze of fun (I'm still learning to navigate) and I can't wait for classes to start!!!
I'm a pureblood but I grew up in the countryside. I haven't met many witches and wizards my own age as my parents moved away from areas densely populated with wizards for their safety in the last wizarding war. I was sent to a muggle primary school until I was nine when my parents told me about their heritage (after I accidentally shrank my cat to fit inside the toy poké ball I had launched at her) and my consequent abilities to do magic.
Looking forward to joining you all :D
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

Welcome to HOL Hope and Aredhel, and welcome back Calla! It was good to bot with you the other night, I hope to see you around on irc more often now! For our new eaglets, we have a fun activity going on in the Roost currently, so come check it out! It's great to have you all with us. :)
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Hermione Brontë
No broom

Post by Hermione Brontë »

Thanks for the welcome, Leonie and Shiloh!! And welcome to Hope, Calla and Aredhel :lol:
Siggy by Fumei Elf <3
Victoria Gingerfox
No broom

Post by Victoria Gingerfox »

Hello everyone! :)
I'm Victoria and I'm a Gryffindor first year, I've just registered and I already love it here!! Can't wait to start my classes, it will be a dream come true!
I can't believe I didn't hear about HOL sooner....
Anyway, when I'm not at Hogwarts...I live in Italy! At the moment (unfortunately) I'm at work...I'll be going to the UK in September and I really can't wait. I'll finally be visiting Platform 9 and 3/4s and all the magical places every witch or wizard should see sooner or later :)
Tomorrow I'm leaving and I'll be in Norway for the next 2 weeks, studying dragons of course :) So please don't think I've disappeared, I will only be out of touch for a while!
Fumei Spookie
Silver Arrow

Post by Fumei Spookie »

Hello Victoria!

Welcome to HOL and awesome that you are able to go and study dragon for 2 whole weeks ;) (and of course that you're going to kings cross xD I have been there last year <3)
I hope you will enjoy HOL! don't forget to visit the Gryffindor Common Room or at least when you get back from your studies xP

ps dont' get eaten by a dragon. I heard they rather enjoy humans for desserts
Eleni Morrighan
No broom

Post by Eleni Morrighan »

Hello! I'm Eleni, a Ravenclaw first year. I live in Washington DC, USA. I was on HOL a LONG time ago (about a decade!) and loved it, but for various life/school/stress reasons I drifted away. I frequently thought of starting again, and I'm happy I finally did- so glad so see HOL here and thriving! :wub:

Anyway, I'm excited to meet everyone and take some classes soon. Having recently finished University, I have a bit more time and freedom now to pursue my other interests, which outside of magic and fantasy include reading, cooking, art, travel, muggle football (soccer) and history. I can frequently be found in a pub or a coffee shop with friends, or exploring the city.
Ingrid Mcmorrow
No broom

Post by Ingrid Mcmorrow »

Hello everyone! I'm Ingrid Mcmorrow and I'm in Slytherin first year. I'm currently living in-between Michigan and Ohio, U.S.A. Like Eleni, I was on HOL a long time ago. I'm looking forward to re-joining fellow HOLers. I'm currently working full-time and going to graduate school.

I guess the next biggest thing for me right now is that I'm having my first prenatal visit in a couple of weeks! Wish me luck! :)
Quartz Valour
No broom

Post by Quartz Valour »

Good luck Ingrid!

I'm Quartz and I've just signed up today! I didn't know if I would be a Hufflepuff or a Ravenclaw - I'm kind of a mixture of the two, but I guess I'm a Hufflepuff here! I'm from England, and I recently just graduated from university too. Nice to meet you guys :D
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

hello, my name is Alexander Brighton and I just joined hol. it's a big place, finding my way around it. i'm a Ravenclaw, wasn't sure whether I would be a ravenclaw or a Gryffindor. I do like to meet new people and make friends, although I am shy, especially at first. can't wait to meet everyone and am excited for the schoolyear to start.
Saison Fuggle
No broom

Post by Saison Fuggle »

Hi! I am Saison Fuggle (known as Emily in the real world haha).

I live in Chicago Illinois (usa), and work as a brewer at Goose Island. Hopefully you've had some of my beer :D
I love beer, science, and so forth, and my HOL name is a reflection of that. Saison is a type of beer and Fuggle is a variety of hop (a vital beer ingredient). It seemed like a pretty good HP-like name haha.
I also really like to play hockey and just be outdoors in general. As far as indoor activities I love to read, cook, and play video games. I like to draw cartoons too. I have been an HP fan since, well, a long time haha. I was reading through the series again (which I do every year) and I remembered HOL. I know I was here years ago, many many years ago, like 2004, but that name and login are way long forgotten. It is a lot easier to just start fresh as a wittle ickle firsty haha.
I look forward to getting involved and rpg'ing again. I cannot wait to see what is new around here and make some HP friends! Let's share a virtual beer B)
Jennet Jones
No broom

Post by Jennet Jones »

Hi everyone, I'm Jennet but you can call me Jen. As a biracial half-blood hatstall, I am liminal creature. The entirety of mathematics is a magnificent collaborative artwork, created over the length of human history and still in progress. I am a fan of instrumental rationality, but have yet to find entirely satisfactory ends towards which to work. So I muddle along on a hodgepodge of cultural indoctrination, indolence, and novelty-seeking.
Sophia Rudel
No broom

Post by Sophia Rudel »

Hello. I'm Sophia, first year Slytherin, signed up for my classes a few weeks ago, and then had to wait...for the term to start before I can finally start working on them. It looks like there is always a lot to do both here and in my common room. I tend to hang out in the Dungeons, in case you need to find me. Hopefully I will get all my quills for my classes, and graduate to second year.
Practice Random Acts of Reading
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

Hello! I'm February Fortescue, a first year Slytherin. In the real world, I enjoy dogs and hope to raise and train a therapy dog and take him/her to hospitals, nursing homes, etc. I also enjoy being creative, writing, and eating ice cream. I'm not on IRC, but can reached by HOL message, this forum, or the Dungeons.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “The Great Hall”