Sherlock BBC

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Caroline Alexandra Miguel
No broom

Sherlock BBC

Post by Caroline Alexandra Miguel »

Come on, I can't believe that this show hasn't got a thread going on yet.

For many years many people tried to deal with Sherlock Holmes's legend. There have been various movies, books, comics, etc. But Sherlock BBC is definitely an unique one to watch. Here you have Sherlock and Watson in XXI century. Watson is a guy returning from Afganistan (it's scary how exactly the same motive can be the same through centuries, huh?) and Sherlock is a weirdo living in London and loving solving things. And they work together. Blogs, smartphones, internet, skypes... Welcome to XXI century, again.

I think the show is definitely worth giving a watch. There are three seasons right now, each of them having three episodes lasting for 90 minutes. And after every season you just want to move on to the next one! Even if you haven't really read Sherlock books or know only some of them, it's still understandable show and interesting. And for those who read the book, it's a very interesting watch, because spotting all the motives from original Doyle's books is just fun! For example, there's a Baskerville's dog transfered to XXI century — called Project H.O.U.N.D. But I won't spoiler much. I just advise y'all — really, really, if you have a lot of free time, it's a good thing to watch.
Caroline Alexandra Miguel
Fumei Spookie
Silver Arrow

Re: Sherlock BBC

Post by Fumei Spookie »

Why did I not see this one before? CARO WHY NOT?

But yeah you would love Sherlock the moment you watch it. The BBC managed to make a mini movie series of this awesome story. And every time you watch it you fall in love with it more and more.
Patrick James
Oakshaft 79

Post by Patrick James »

OMG Sherlock is just too amazing. The way they've incorporated Sherlock to the 21st Century is incredible; and even though there are only 9 episodes, each of them are around 90 minutes long. I think theres a Sherlock special that's coming up this December and Season 4 is scheduled to air in 2017; really wished it would come sooner! :(
Patrick James | Fifth Year 
Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxwell Shadow »

Absolutely love the BBC Sherlock series and cannot wait for the next ones to come out.

Has anyone seen the film the BBC made with Ian McKellan called Mr Holmes? Went to see it in the cinema yesterday and it was so good. BBC storytelling drama at its best. I'd definitely buy it when it's on dvd to watch again.
Slytherin forever
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

I absolutely LOVE this show! The casting is perfect, and Steven Moffatt as showrunner does a fantastic job. It's frustrating because you have to wait so long between seasons, but definitely worth the wait.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Here's a treat for you folks, a freshly-released first look at the Sherlock Special which is "coming soon-ish" (which in Sherlock production time likely means a couple years, heh).

TRAILER LINK

I do adore Mrs Hudson's comments. :lol:
Fumei Spookie
Silver Arrow

Post by Fumei Spookie »

Mrs Hudson has always lovely comments <3

And that's what I always find the evil part of Sherlock... Soon...ish Y___Y (How many years left? xD)
Hope Stark
No broom

Post by Hope Stark »

I totally inform my students "I am not your housekeeper!" when reminding them to clean up after themselves.
Lavinia Rookwood
No broom

Post by Lavinia Rookwood »

Hehe, I hope it works for you Hope!

I really like the show, at least what I've seen of it. I'm terribly behind on it at the moment, being too caught up in catching up on other shows, but definitely love it.
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

I need to catch up, too. The good thing is, there is a long looooooooooong period between seasons, so that should be no problem. :P
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Alessa Jayde
No broom

Post by Alessa Jayde »

Wow, I had not seen that trailer before! I hope it's for a new season and not just a scene I have forgotten from a previous season.
I really do love Sherlock.. It's such a fantastic show. The casting is superb and the writing is impeccable. I also love the ways they brought it into the 21st century. I remember reading the old books when I was a child, but perhaps it's time for a re-read!

This may be slightly off topic but has anyone watched 'Elementary?'
It's another Sherlock show and I adore it. A lot of people seem to not care for it but I definitely have enough love in my heart for both of these versions of Mr. Holmes.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

I enjoyed the show till the end.... I think it got a little away from Sherlock solving crimes to his own drama being the crime to be solved,.... but I still really enjoyed it. wonder whats next for Sherlock after this.... and the reason I say that is because people like good old stories.... Like Jack the Ripper stories are being re done too... but going back to Sherlock, I do recommend this series.

Return to “TV Talk”