Who Am I?

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Kiri Galdor wrote:QUOTE (Kiri Galdor @ Sep 5 2013, 01:57 PM) So, while I'm waiting for second breakfast I thought I'd resurrect the game :D

A smile for her love
Over the bar
Dancing under the party tree
with ribbons in her hair
Is that Samwise Gamgee of Rosie?
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Kiri Galdor
No broom

Post by Kiri Galdor »

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:QUOTE (Prof. Tarma Amelia Black @ Sep 6 2013, 01:00 PM) Is that Samwise Gamgee of Rosie?
Ummmm, not exactly .....

Made by the fabulous Annie

Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love....

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity -- Dorothy Parker
Aili Raja
No broom

Post by Aili Raja »

QUOTE A smile for her love
Over the bar
Dancing under the party tree
with ribbons in her hair[/quote]

It is Rosie

Its a description of her actions in the beginning of the Fellowship of the Rings (although the ribbons part is also mentioned by Sam near the end of the Return of the King)
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." - Mark Twain
Kiri Galdor
No broom

Post by Kiri Galdor »

Aili Raja wrote:QUOTE (Aili Raja @ Sep 16 2013, 04:01 AM) It is Rosie

Its a description of her actions in the beginning of the Fellowship of the Rings (although the ribbons part is also mentioned by Sam near the end of the Return of the King)
It is Rosie (just not including Sam)

Your turn

Made by the fabulous Annie

Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love....

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity -- Dorothy Parker
Aili Raja
No broom

Post by Aili Raja »

I was called by one name
but in my mind I had another.
I betrayed the one seeking my help
and in the end got stabbed by my own servant.

(Did my best, is a lot harder than just finding a good quote :) )
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." - Mark Twain
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Aili Raja wrote:QUOTE (Aili Raja @ Sep 18 2013, 12:21 PM) I was called by one name
but in my mind I had another.
I betrayed the one seeking my help
and in the end got stabbed by my own servant.

(Did my best, is a lot harder than just finding a good quote :) )
Is this Saruman?
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Aili Raja
No broom

Post by Aili Raja »

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:QUOTE (Prof. Tarma Amelia Black @ Sep 18 2013, 10:26 PM) Is this Saruman?
Yes it is

I´ll try to make it harder next time (if I have the chance)

Your turn
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

That was really well done, though, Aili. I just happened to be talking about Saruman / Lord of the Rings somewhere else and so it clicked immediately. :)

Thought of something! Oh. That is from The Hobbit (and movie too). Hmm

Okay.

Old I am. Older than the seas? I don't know. The seas are probably older than me, but when we get into that much of old, who cares?

Wrought in my fires, and then unwrought -- the Bane of the Halfling. The Bane of Life on Middle Earth.

Who (or what) am I?
Aili Raja
No broom

Post by Aili Raja »

I´m thinking....Mount Doom?
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Yes!

Mount Doom it is.

Your turn. :)
Aili Raja
No broom

Post by Aili Raja »

I lived a long time ago
but I´m still remembered.
I tried to save the world
after my father died!
I failed...

Who am I?
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Is this Isildur?

(He's the only one I remember offhand in the movies of the Lord of the Rings, who lived a long time ago and whose father died. But I don't remember him trying to 'save the world'?) <_<
Aili Raja
No broom

Post by Aili Raja »

You are correct :)

The "save the world" part came from there that after his father died he was the one who took up the fight with Sauron, got hold of the One Ring and meant to destroy the ring (at the beginning). That for me meant that he tried to save the world :)

Your turn

Edit: I should have written "save Middle-earth"
Last edited by Aili Raja on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Oh, yay! I simply could not think of anyone else .. <_<

My turn!

Speaking of dragons, we were caught
when we let loose a representation
of Bilbo's famous journey
Here and Back Again
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:QUOTE (Prof. Tarma Amelia Black @ Sep 21 2013, 07:36 PM) Oh, yay! I simply could not think of anyone else .. <_<

My turn!

Speaking of dragons, we were caught
when we let loose a representation
of Bilbo's famous journey
Here and Back Again
That must be a double; Merry and Pippin
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Niniel Sanders wrote:QUOTE (Niniel Sanders @ Sep 21 2013, 10:42 AM) That must be a double; Merry and Pippin
Niniel!! You are here! :D

And yes, it is Merry and Pippin.

Your turn.
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

I am indeed :D I did wonder if anyone would be shocked to see my face popping up:P

I was meant to go, but I stayed.
I wished to stay, but was made to go.
I let one go, that I should have made stay.
I stayed, when I expected to have to go.

Who am I?
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Niniel Sanders wrote:QUOTE (Niniel Sanders @ Sep 21 2013, 01:55 PM) I am indeed :D I did wonder if anyone would be shocked to see my face popping up:P

I was meant to go, but I stayed.
I wished to stay, but was made to go.
I let one go, that I should have made stay.
I stayed, when I expected to have to go.

Who am I?
Am I Faramir?
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:QUOTE (Prof. Tarma Amelia Black @ Sep 21 2013, 11:05 PM) Am I Faramir?

Yep, you are indeed :D
Your turn
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

A ha!

At first associated with a man of Rohan, he was lost in battle.
Then, somehow, two bickering warriors became my new companions.

Return to “HOLTS Activities”