What Is In A Name?

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Allison Sullivan
No broom

Post by Allison Sullivan »

I don't really have much story for my name >__<

well, I chose Allison cause I adore one of those long legs women named Allison xD
and the surname......... at first I chose Clarke but then somehow it gets error or something, then I randomly chose Sullivan..
Andie Smith
No broom

Post by Andie Smith »

Well, my name is not creative at all! I wanted my HOL self to be from England, so my name is basically an English version of my own Brazilian name. My name is some sort of mix of the names Andrea and Vanessa and I usually have nicknames related to the name Andrea. Therefore I just picked Andie and went with it. My surname is one of the most ordinary in my country along with Silva, so I thought "what's the most common surname in English?" and I almost instantly thought of Smith and I was happy with it because it begins with the letter "S" (the same as my own surname) and whenever The Doctor decides to use an alias he just goes with John Smith and the thought of me being related to him just amused me... I love Doctor Who.
Last edited by Andie Smith on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lori Jack
No broom

Post by Lori Jack »

A funny story that one is. :)

I knew that I didn't want my name to start with A-I letters (no offence to those who do), because my last name starts with one of those and I was always first to pick for different activities. I took a good look at the rest of the letters and literally picked it by pointing my finger at it, so L it is. There was a problem though. All pretty names were reaaaaaally long. So after crying over the fact that Lorraine was too long to write every time (I got a bout of laziness, so what?), I decided to shorten it to Lori.

Jack comes from my favourite person in the whole wide world, Jack Harkness.

~Lori
Andie Smith
No broom

Post by Andie Smith »

I suffer with being picked first too, but I really like my RL name, so it doesn't bother me that much. I see why you like my name story and I find Captain Jack Harkness pure gold and brilliantness! Also Lorraine is a lovely name. :)
Alex Sparks
No broom

Post by Alex Sparks »

:blink: Mine is a very simple riddle. And I don't mean Tom. ;)
Last edited by Alex Sparks on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irwan Dharmawan
No broom

Post by Irwan Dharmawan »

hallo there..

well ..where i got my name Irwan Dharmawan in HOL ? surely i got it from my parents..and actually Irwan Dharmawan is my real name. XD
simple.. the mean's of my name is ... irwan dharmawan .. ir is for Insinyur and Dharma is the Purpose of scout in Indonesia" Dasa Dharma" .. and the Underline word, i dont know what mean is it, hehe ^^..

well wan is for number one.. haha ..try it.. if you say number "1" and say "wan", you will get voiced "one" ,right ? yeah because i am the first child in my family.. ^^..

well thanks for reading my name ^^ :rolleyes:
Morpheus Styx
No broom

Post by Morpheus Styx »

Well, when I signed up last night, I had already per-planned my name. Morpheus Styx. Well, I love Greek mythology so I decided to use two of its many unique names. Morpheus is the god of dreams. I chose that because I love dreaming and can control my dreams (also known as lucid dreaming, but that is a different topic for a different time). Styx is for the River Styx, which is in the Underworld. It is said that if you get one drop on you, you will lose your memory. And that is how I chose my name.
-Morpheus
"I will protect you with my life, all of you." -Kakashi Hatake
Cat Pieterse
No broom

Post by Cat Pieterse »

My name is Cat Pieterse, because my name is Cat Pieterse... Very original. LOL
Ramona Kirkwood
No broom

Post by Ramona Kirkwood »

Well, I have an RP character somewhere else called Ramona Loveflower and I thought, hmm I'll just use that. But then I sort of thought "Loveflower isn't the most realistic surname" and since Nicholas Kirkwood is my favourite shoe designer (don't judge! xD) I went with Kirkwood. Voila.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

Fortescue came from Florean Fortescue, who owned the ice cream shoppe in Diagon Alley and who was kidnapped and most likely murdered by Death Eaters, and Dexter Fortescue, who was once the Headmaster of Hogwarts. February because I was born in that month, and I think it's very feminine and sounds great with Fortescue.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Rainie Watson
No broom

Post by Rainie Watson »

Rainie - because one of my favorite celebrities is called Rainie Yang.

Watson - simply because I love Emma Watson. :)
Daenerys Snow
No broom

Post by Daenerys Snow »

Daenerys is one of the main characters in "A song of ice and fire" (I'm currently reading "A clash of kings", the second book in the series).
Snow is the surname of another character and I just love winter with a lot of snow)
Seraphina Severus
No broom

Post by Seraphina Severus »

I chose Seraphina randomly since I wasn't sure what first name I wanted and Severus because he is my favorite character.
Made by Fumei
Sophie Montague
No broom

Post by Sophie Montague »

Sophie - Because I was almost called Sophie in real life and I really like the name and the meaning

Montague - Because I love mountains
Hyolyn Song
No broom

Post by Hyolyn Song »

Hyolyn because it's my favorite singers name Hyorin. Went with Lyn opposed to Rin so it could be shortened to Lyn which is a L name like my RL name.

Song - because of the ever lovely Song JoongKi

Ember Starsong
No broom

Post by Ember Starsong »

Ember - because my nickname with my best friends is Ember

Starsong - because the stars are so pretty and I love to sing!!
Michael Midnight
No broom

Post by Michael Midnight »

Michael Midnight:

Michael - It's my middle name and I preferred to be called by Michael over my first name! (sorry mom :D )

Midnight - Usually the time I'm wide awake doing some writing or reading. Just a really calm time where my imagination works the best! I would also take a look at the sky during this time and admire all that was above :) !

And thus Michael Midnight was born! :D
I Like Muffins!!!!! :D
Zenzi Barenfang
No broom

Post by Zenzi Barenfang »

Zenzi Barenfang is the name of one of the characters in a comic I used to write.
Typhus De Troja
No broom

Post by Typhus De Troja »

I chose my name from a character in my favourite video game: The Elder Scolls V: Skyrim because I happen to be an avid gamer :)

It's pronounced Tie-Fus De Tro-Ja
Valerie Whitney
No broom

Post by Valerie Whitney »

Well, Valerie is my actual name and I happen to like it, so that's why I stuck with it. And when I was younger I used to love this character in a book called Whitney. So that's how I chose the last name. Not very creative I guess. lol

Return to “The Great Hall”