Sims 3

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Ashlee Sully
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ashlee Sully »

Silde - you can play more than one family but has you switch families, the others can progress. I came back to one of my families and he had a kid (he was single!). There is an option to switch in the map view. I can't remember how to do it exactly though.

I'm over the Sims 3, I find it quite boring and I don't like the way they look. I much prefer the Sims 2.
Retired Slytherin Professor || Lover of Chocolate || Addicted to Frogs

Katrina Lovegood
No broom

Post by Katrina Lovegood »

I used to be a huge sims fan, although haven't had a lot of time to play recently. I have most of the Sims 2 expansion packs but haven't changed to Sims3 yet. I am planning to wait until the price comes down a bit, and until there are more expansions on it. I have played the game on a friends computer and enjoyed it, but will probably wait a bit. I am happy with my Sims 2 stuff for now.
Ely Granger
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ely Granger »

<333 it!!
-------------- *Siggy by me* ------------------
Andrea Caroline
No broom

Post by Andrea Caroline »

Katrina Lovegood wrote:QUOTE (Katrina Lovegood @ Jan 27 2010, 04:29 PM) I used to be a huge sims fan, although haven't had a lot of time to play recently. I have most of the Sims 2 expansion packs but haven't changed to Sims3 yet. I am planning to wait until the price comes down a bit, and until there are more expansions on it. I have played the game on a friends computer and enjoyed it, but will probably wait a bit. I am happy with my Sims 2 stuff for now.

Now with the release of World Adventures and Late night the Sims has never been better!! Seriously I personally think it's more awesome than Sims because of the vast gameplay availability. I made this some videos and posted them on Youtube using sims 3 like this one --><message me for the link> (no outside links please) Well the quality of the video sucks but if you play the sims 3 the graphics is really awesome!
Last edited by Andrea Caroline on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sig made by me!! :D
Andrea Caroline|an675|Michievous Warrior Monks|an artist in the making

GO GRYFFINDOR!!!!!
Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

My sister got Sims 3 last summer and I borrowed it, so I have it installed on my old laptop. I don't think I can play it on my stationary computer, because it's very old... So, I actually don't play it a lot. I played for a week or two when I had installed it, but I don't like my old laptop - the sound card is broken, and there are other things too that make it not so very usable. In one way, I would like to install it on my new laptop, because I have a feeling it will work better there. But then, I don't want to have any games on this one, as it's my "work" computer, for school and stuff.

Anyway, I do like Sims 3, even though I haven't played a lot yet, I didn't come very far in the game. And I still haven't played Sims 2 in the way it's supposed to be played, lol! I have most of the expansions and stuff packs, but haven't used them, so to speak. I haven't tried going on vacation, or starting my own business, or getting a hobby, or anything like that... So somehow I feel that I should do that first, before I start playing Sims 3 more. :P

So, I don't know when I will be playing Sims 3 on PC again... But I have decided to buy it for xBox 360. :) I hope it will be good.
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus
Leanna Lovegood
No broom

Post by Leanna Lovegood »

I really like Sims 2...but it was really slow and it kept crashing (I had most of the expansion packs), and it hasn't been working since. I was thinking about getting Sims 3 but it seems like there was still a lot of problems with the game and I didn't want to slow my laptop even more...
Nikki Walker
No broom

Post by Nikki Walker »

Ohman, I LOVE the Sims series. Been playing it since Sims 1 Livin' Large and been in love with the series ever since. Unfortunately my computer is evil and can't handle the graphics but I'm working on getting a desktop sometime in the future.
nikki walker

poet of the month in poetry for beginners!

year three || ni408 || slytherin ||589 pts || the gamer slyth || promising student
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

Ok my little Sims fans. Has anyone played Medieval yet? Now that the new Generations expansion pack has been out, for what, a whole day anyone have a review to share? The Sims topic has been much too quiet lately.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~
Erin Llewellyn
No broom

Post by Erin Llewellyn »

I have Sims 1-3, all expansions, and I must say I like 2 more than 3. I just got bored of 3 too quickly, and I feel like the expansions for it are really lacking. My favorite, however, was the Sims: Makin' Magic. I had loads of fun with that one.

I did get Medieval, and loved it at first, but it has a very low replay value. I got bored very quickly, and no longer play it at all. :( I don't think it was worth the price, honestly, and there are a lot of things I continue to wish they'd done differently. Although they did add things like the storyline quests and stuff, they hearkened back to Sims 1 by not allowing children to grow up or take over their parent's occupation, which was a mistake IMO. They aren't even playable. :( I feel like taking away things that made previous games great and essentially stepping backward is never a good development choice.

Anyway, /endrant! I hope to see a magical-themed expansion for Sims 3 soon - Generations doesn't look all that impressive so far. :/ We'll see!

Thanks to Brie MacKenna for this beautiful bit of art!
Holly Synyster
No broom

Post by Holly Synyster »

I don't have this yet but I really want it, I become addicted to Sims once I start playing xD
Bet it's amazing :P
I love Samuel <3
Risa Swan
No broom

Post by Risa Swan »

Erin Llewellyn wrote:QUOTE (Erin Llewellyn @ Jun 3 2011, 04:32 PM) Anyway, /endrant! I hope to see a magical-themed expansion for Sims 3 soon - Generations doesn't look all that impressive so far. :/ We'll see!
I also hope there'll be a magical themed expansion for Sims 3! But there's already a Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells though, I have it on my game but haven't got a chance to try. I think there's just spell like kill people or some wise spell. Doesn't contain unique spell, I guess.

I've Generations and town life stuff currently, well I'm enjoying playing it so far! My child and teenage sims just got an imaginary friend, pretty cool though. We can order them to clean up or bring a snack, and if we don't want to them follow us every time, just tell them to leave us alone, and they will back to their doll/puppet form.

Now I'm waiting for the Pets! Have seen the spoiler and kinda interesting for me. There's even ants, can be our pets :blink:
Holly Synyster
No broom

Post by Holly Synyster »

Sounds so cool... why dont I have it :@
I love Samuel <3
Risa Swan
No broom

Post by Risa Swan »

Holly Synyster wrote:QUOTE (Holly Synyster @ Aug 4 2011, 12:35 AM) Sounds so cool... why dont I have it :@
Then goooo buy it, or borrow the cd from your friend lol
Last edited by Risa Swan on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blanca Solchoice
No broom

Post by Blanca Solchoice »

OMG, I'm totally and completely addicted to this game; I have the base game (obvs) and the four EP's so far.... and I want to get Pets, too! It runs pretty well for me, except for the fact that I have a lot of custom content, so sometimes, my game can be a bit mad at me for all of that. But it's all so pretty, so that's ok!

OMG, ants can be our pets! That's absolutely adorable! I have so many kids that would be just perfect with an ant farm!
~blanca solchoice
Risa Swan
No broom

Post by Risa Swan »

Lol \o/

I have to warn myself not to cramped my laptop with sims stuffs! Can't hold myself when I look for the custom contents, a lot of awesome stuffs!! I personally love to collect hairs or skins or make ups or clothes or even mods XD
Prudence Hopson
No broom

Post by Prudence Hopson »

I think I ruined one of my laptops because of Sims 3.

But now, I'm just playing it at my cousin's powerful desktop (it has both Sims 2 and 3 installed, I'm so envious) and we always hurry to have the computer to ourselves. Good thing, her mom limits her computer time and I'm given as much time as I want. I think, at one time, I was on their computer till around 1:30AM.

Anyway, Sims 3 has a smoother gameplay compared to Sims 2. However, the interactions and functionality isn't as varied as Sims 2. There are so many things to do with Sims 2, though, what limits you is the time. The characters age too fast that you want them to do more with their life, but there is no pause button on aging unlike the one in Sims 3.

What I hate more about Sims 3 is that if you transfer from one family to another so many times, some of the households go missing. I remember, I had my Draco Malfoy character engaged to Hermione, then I went to take care one of the Weasleys, given birth to James Sirius, have Neville brush up on his career, and went on insect searching with Luna. Eventually, I wanted to do the Malfoy-Granger nuptials, only to find out, Hermione is now missing from the neighborhood. Totally messed up! When I re-inserted a Hermione into the game, she appears to be a person who was Obliviated. Since relationships aren't easily formed in Sims 3, I had to do the courtship process all over again. And Hermione's job as Chief of Staff, gone, she's back to Medical Technician.
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

I love Sims 3 and totally cannot wait for Pets.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Lavinia Rookwood
No broom

Post by Lavinia Rookwood »

Yeah, I can't wait to get Sims Pets, either, I miss having pets for my sims, probably because I love my dog so much. I think Sims Generations added alot of great stuff to the social interactions, although I haven't had the time to really play with that as I like.
Bella Coupland
No broom

Post by Bella Coupland »

I only recently got Sims 3. I don't have any expansions but I love the game already! I turned the aging process to slow because I don't want my sims to get old and die.. Well I do, but more slowly!

Next I'm going to try and have a kid. Oh the joys of virtual parenting..

And I only used the money cheat once!
Drea Riot
No broom

Post by Drea Riot »

I love Sims 3! But I rarely have time to play. :(
I don't like how to get to a neighborhood you have to pick a family.
I liked when there was a neighborhood (or two) and everything is within those, (unless of course I am doing something wrong?)
But I love how customizable it is!
drea riot!
well behaved women rarely make history.

Return to “Games Talk”