Favorite Type Of Music

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Sophia Darko
No broom

Post by Sophia Darko »

I am open to a variety of music.... anything that inspires me basically. The only thing I do refuse to listen to is anything that worships the devil, i'm just not down with that. lol... and that's about it.

Tags:
Arwen Tonks
No broom

Post by Arwen Tonks »

I'm into rock music.
I like U2, Muse, The Killers, Green Day, Simple Plan, Jimmy Eat World, Stereophonics, Ramstein, Coldplay, Razorlight, Feeder, Bloc Party, Modest Mouse, Bon Jovi /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> and then loads more but my mind has gone all blank! They're my favourites anyway.
Arwen
If I'm good, I'll go to Hogwarts when I die.
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost." - Aragorn's poem.
"Maybe I'm a Lion..." - Squall
Michelle Adora
No broom

Post by Michelle Adora »

i like rock/alternative but i occasionally i enjoy listening to broadway soundtracks. those are just wowzas. they just take ur breath away
Michelle Adora-mi483-First Year-Ravenclaw
Prof. Hermione Pena
No broom

Post by Prof. Hermione Pena »

I voted for pop because the singers I mainly listen to now are Hilary Duff, Jesse McCartney, and Lalaine. But for a long time I couldn't really say what type of music I like, because I only listened to Weird Al, and the only term I can think of to correctly classify his music is comedy. I still listen to him a lot, but I've broadened out a bit. I also love classical music, I have cds that are recordings of my past concerts at music camp, and I bought a cd of this violinist that sounds awsome. One of my favorite songs of all time is Canon in D, I fell in love with it the first time I heard it. Oh yeah, the HP soundtraacks too! The music from HP's so beautiful, I never get tired of listening to some of those songs.
Last edited by Prof. Hermione Pena on Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magic is the sun that makes a rainbow out of rain
Magic keeps the dream alive to try and try again
Magic is the love that stays when good friends have to leave
I do believe in magic, I believe
Elle Saint
No broom

Post by Elle Saint »

There are so many sub-categories of the choices listed in the poll that are not listed, so I chose "other." I like listening to music from classical to rock, but I mainly listen to neo-classical.
Elle Saint/ el554/ Ravenclaw First Year
LAUGH! It makes you and the people around you happier. *G*
Christine McTague
No broom

Post by Christine McTague »

I like a lot of things. Right now I'm into Malice Mizer and oldies (strange combination ^^; ) and I also like Opera and Goth rock. I was listening to Bluegrass on the way home just now. I also dug in to my somewhat small supply of showtunes for this HOLIdol thing. And I even love Movie soundtracks (the Star Wars theme rocks!). I don't think that you can tie me down to anything.
Really the only thing I'll NEVER like is pop. Britney Spears and Ashlee Simpson make me physically sick.
Christine McTague, First Year, Slytherin.
Wand: Rosewood and ebony handle, 12", Gryphon feather.
Familiar: Keethan the eagle owl.
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis.
Samuel Craft
No broom

Post by Samuel Craft »

Well, I don't really have one specific type, well I have 2. I like Pop and Rap. Not the dirty rap, but like some of it. The songs of Rap that I like are sort of a mix of Rap and Pop. Pop because its fun to move to I guess. *g*
Signature & Avatar by the Sig N Av Palace
Samuel Craft // Hufflepuff // Sixth Year // Student Teacher - Factions of Superheroes
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

I love pop, but I'm getting into rock/punk more. But not rock/punk like my boyfriend listens to. So, yeah. I voted pop.
Last edited by Prof. Hailey Potter on Sun May 08, 2005 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Venefica vom Lehn
No broom

Post by Venefica vom Lehn »

for me, it really depends on my mood...
at the moment i'm really into some metal-groups (not all, though. i don't like listening to most types of metal.) like melodic metal by sonata arctica or generally folk metal (also categorised as mediaeval rock sometimes). i generally like punkrock as well. and i just love movie soundtracks!
Maybe life is like rain. Alive if you let it be; lousy and depressing if you don't.
Taken from 50% Chance of Lightning by Cristina Salat.

~ venefica vom Lehn ~ Staff-member of the HOLTolkienSociety ~ Hufflepuff Seventh Year ~

Nothing has ever felt so right and natural and true and good.
Taken from Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden.
Rumor Beauvais

Post by Rumor Beauvais »

That's a freakishly hard question to answer. I have a passion for all types of rock (including punk, indie, garage, grunge, modern, classic, etc.), jazz, blues, classical, and other types of music. It's impossible to pick just ONE favorite.
Calide Ross
No broom

Post by Calide Ross »

I picked rock, but I don't know if emo falls under that or not because usually it's bands..and I know if any die-hard punk music person saw I consider emo under that category, they'd shoot me in the face lol. So yea..I heart emo haha.
Gryffindor | Firstie | ca600 | Anti-Sockian | Ent's Unofficial Little Sis

"Viktor? Hasn't he asked you to call him Vicky yet?" -Ron
Daine Sarrasri
No broom

Post by Daine Sarrasri »

I dont know how you could ever choose one type of music as your favorite. I listen to all sorts of stuff depending on what mood i'm in.
-Daine
Nothing applies to me!-SwD
Naomi Tonks
No broom

Post by Naomi Tonks »

ditto. I listen to nearly all of it. AND I'm into show tunes, mainly, and that wasn't up there. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Love me some show tunes. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
"Ma, I gotta tell ya that without a doubt I get my best dancing lessons from you. You're the one who taught me how to twist and shout because you shout nonstop and you're so twisted, too! Woh-oh-oh-oh!" ~Penny Pingleton from the hit musical Hairspray.

Luv to all,
Naomi Tonks
Scarlett Moondust
No broom

Post by Scarlett Moondust »

I love the Postal Service, but i'm not quite sure what they would fit under...after them comes Keane /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> and Maroon 5 and Switchfoot...pop-ish rock stuff..i prefer to call them rock though because i dont think that they are in the same category as Britney Spears and the like....so ya..
39 days till HBP!
^^Ilo rocks at the ID Card Shop!!^^

"If you are what you are meant to be you will set the world on fire."
~Pope John Paul II
Crystal Key
No broom

Post by Crystal Key »

What is Hip Hop cosidered? Just out of curiosity, because I know that there are Hip Hop lovers out there. Does anyone know what Hip Hop is considered?

Crystal Key
Loden Evercast
No broom

Post by Loden Evercast »

Punk Rock all the way Oi Oi Oi
And she'll be right here in my arms
So in Love
She'll be right here in these arms
She can't let go
Gabrielle Walker
No broom

Post by Gabrielle Walker »

I seem to have gotten into classical music. I just like to listen to the trumpet take over. For that matter, I also love jazz music since, again, the trumpet gets some main parts. Then, of course, I listen to some of the other types of music out there like rock. Normally I am found with my CD player going and I am listening either to a CD I burned of my favorite songs from all my CDs or I am listening to Good Charlotte.
Blake Slatton
No broom

Post by Blake Slatton »

o.O

Lots of categories missing there; in fact, many of them are similar. x.X

Anyways, I chose "other," because my favorite type of music is country. I see no one has mentioned that genre so far. Yep, I'm a Texan and I like country music.

But also on my faves list is: pop, rock, classical, showtunes, and of course ... transe music. ^.^;; I love transe music. XD
Alte Sententiam | Pensieve Opinion Staff
Ravenclaw Book Club | Writer's Society

Sig made by Vladimir of Sig 'N 'Av Palace
Tulojow Nagde
No broom

Post by Tulojow Nagde »

Generally, I think Hip Hop can be cross-categorized as rap, though that comment will probably get me in trouble with Hip Hop and/or Rap fans.

I tend to be into less popular forms of music. I listen to a lot of various types of folk music. This includes Appalachian music, bluegrass, singer-songwriter, celtic music, traditional african music, etc. Those definately don't fit into any of the given categories, but I am use to that. Rarely do I find my category elsewhere either.
Sometimes life gives us lessons sent in ridiculous packaging.
- Dar Williams
Never Headbutt A Unicorn!Image
Tia Sem
No broom

Post by Tia Sem »

what about indie or alternative????

although that could have been already suggested since i didnt read all the replies....hahaha
Tia Sem
<Sig. made by Bridgette Medwin...Thank You!>

Return to “Music Talk”