Been To Any Concerts?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Emerald Tippet
No broom

Been To Any Concerts?

Post by Emerald Tippet »

Hey!
I was just thinking about this today but wow I've seen to many bands in concert its crazy!!!
Let's see:
Linkin Park
Story of the Year
Casualties
Rancid
Drop Kick Murfies
Yellowcard
POD
Simple Plan
Avril
Shania
AntiFlag
F-Ups
Bad Religion
Billy Talent
Bowling For Soup

Yeah :S My minds like totally blank and I'm totally sure theres more! lol Tell much that I like a wide variety of music?? So yeah moshing is the best!

So yeah my question to you all is who have you seen in concert and if you have been in a mosh pit and what you think of them. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

-Em
Image Also known as: Jacenta
Order your Siggy @ the Sig N' Av Palace! (WWW)!
> Custom made sigs, avs, banners for free!! Learn how to make graphics yourself! :)

Tags:
Narcia Bellamy
No broom

Post by Narcia Bellamy »

I just went to look for the thread I started a while back about this very same thing, and it's gone! Oh well. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I've seen a bunch of groups live, the most recent of which was Marilyn Manson.
Ginny Black
No broom

Post by Ginny Black »

I just went to see a local group, Flatfoot 56, a couple days ago. We (brother and his friends) got there the same time as the band, so we acted like roadies, and got into the concert through the "Band only" door and got in for free! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> There were four other bands, too. The mosh pit was...dangerous. I went in for a couple minutes and ended up being pushed onto the floor and trampled most of the time. I spent the rest of the night hanging out outsidethe mosh pit. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
~Ginny Black|Ravenclaw|gi011
Don't Listen to Your Music - Live Your Music
Ilona Littrell
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ilona Littrell »

Well... I was going to go on a linkin park consert, but it got cancelled cause Chester got sick.... aaand my mum would not let me go at the rammstein concert for some reason... So I've had very bad luck with concerts...

Other than that I've only been on concerts with local bands...
^Sig & Av made by me.
Feel free to PM me if you want one
|Sixth Year|Lady Marauder|Captain of the black PINK Pearl|
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

Several months ago, I went to see Hilary Duff. I have a suspicion I'm in one of those black and white crowds on her music video "Fly!"
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Christine McTague
No broom

Post by Christine McTague »

Me and my brother are planning to go to the Rammestein concert in Vegas. I dont know how we're going to pull it off, but we'll try. Um, I almost went to a concert by Ozzy Osbourne... But he broke his leg before he came. I was SO angry!
Otherwise the only concert I've been to would be Aerosmith and the accidental local band. Accidental because usually they'd show up at festivals which I happened to be at. There was this nice band called Vocal Trash (that does tour around the county) that I'd recommend you see live. They use trash cans and stuff for percussion, kinda like Stomp. Their CD's arent as good because you can't feel their energy.
I have this great story from my Aerosmith concert. During the middle of the show, the band came down into the audience to play at a different stage in the middle of the theater. Of course, the fans were swamping them, myself included. But when they got near our row, Steven Tyler (be still my heart!) looked up. He caught my eye and started to wave at me. We both waved at each other! It was totally awesome! I was bouncing off the walls for days afterward. I still get all happy when I think about it ^^.
Christine McTague, First Year, Slytherin.
Wand: Rosewood and ebony handle, 12", Gryphon feather.
Familiar: Keethan the eagle owl.
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis.
Aelita-chan
No broom

Post by Aelita-chan »

Never really been to a concert except for local bands. However, I did win a pair of tickets for an Avril Lavigne concert, but since I wasn't much of a fan back then, I invited my friend to have them who actually ended up on Much Music's 'Gonna Meet a Rockstar' episode.

Aelita-chan | ne404 | Gryffindor |
[color= hotpink]Lady Marauder[/color] | Fourth Year |
Ickle Itty Bitty Kawaii Kitty Boo McGee |

PETER AND AVI BELONG TO ME! <3
Amanda Taylor
No broom

Post by Amanda Taylor »

Hmn... concerts... I went to the last The Strokes concert in London. And when visiting a friend in the States I went to see this band called Blue Epic. The singer is sooooo very sexy. And yeah the music was nice too.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
[color=6399CC]

Amanda Taylor [/color] // [color=6399CC]am419[/color] // [color=6399CC]Gryffindor[/color] // [color=6399CC]Second Year[/color]
Löwe Den [color=6399CC]//[/color]Dynamite Spice [color=6399CC]//[/color] LMAR [color=6399CC]//[/color]PPC Member
[color=6399CC]SOTM (The Re-birth)[/color] // [color=6399CC]Go GRYFF!!! [/color]

Spice Girls: [color=6399CC]Rockin' Quidditch Pitches Everywhere[/color]
Caitlin Caretis
No broom

Post by Caitlin Caretis »

Woo concerts.

Simple Plan(2)
Avril Lavigne(Feh.. I don't like her much)
Maroon 5
Vanessa Carlton
JoJo
Kelly Clarkson(Wooooo! Best concert Evah)
Josh Groban
Seven Day Faith(3x)(localish)
Barenaked Ladies
Britney Spears(Woe is me)
Good Charlotte
Skye Sweetman
Gavin DeGraw
Switchfoot
Bunch of rappers
Clay Aiken
American Idol season 3 finalists
Backstreet Boys
Wakefield

And a bunch more... Keep in mind a few of these were all at the same concert /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I love concerts /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Last edited by Caitlin Caretis on Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Formerly Prefect known as Elphie.

Caitlin Caretis
- Poke me! I Squeak!
----------
Third Year | CaitiCat | Demigoddess | In Jessa's Stomach | Zazzy |<#Hari!
Prof. Audiaa Martin
No broom

Post by Prof. Audiaa Martin »

I haven't been to that many concerts; it's really not my thing. Especially the really loud kind. I have been to see Amy Grant, which was nice. And I heard Dave Matthews Band play at my school.
~~Accio Brains!~~
HOL Pen Pal Club | Writing Workshop
Liz Randerson
No broom

Post by Liz Randerson »

Me neither.

Just been to a few local concerts. Never been to those mega huge concerts. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
*huggles* Thanks Ilo for the sig!
- Liz Randerson- li488- Second Year- Pink hamster named Pluee
- Gryffindor- Proud Lion- Gryffs Awards Committee- Insama Tent
- Dragon Heartstring, Cedar, 13 inches- Right wand hand- Troublemaker
Melui Kurayami
No broom

Post by Melui Kurayami »

I have seen Evanescence and Vanessa Carlton. Though if you count support groups, I've also seen live: Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Three Days Grace, and the Low Millions.
Emerald Tippet
No broom

Post by Emerald Tippet »

OMG I love Evanescence!
When did you see that??? And how was it!
-Em
Image Also known as: Jacenta
Order your Siggy @ the Sig N' Av Palace! (WWW)!
> Custom made sigs, avs, banners for free!! Learn how to make graphics yourself! :)
Melui Kurayami
No broom

Post by Melui Kurayami »

Yay! Go Evanescence fans!
I saw them in Toronto, on July 18th. It was greeeeeeeat~~~~ And my friend and I met John LeCompt, haha, he came into the audience. He's not Amy, but still fun! ^__^ Haha. They were really good live...I heard that last tour, they were terrible (I didn't go, due to the fact that it was only general admission and I didn't feel like being squashed... I'm short, haha). But when they came in July, they were incredible! If you can, you should definitely go next time they come to wherever you live! ^__^
Serafina Bleagals
No broom

Post by Serafina Bleagals »

I can't even remember who all I've seen in concert.

I went to a music festival thing called Sweetstock 3 that was sponsered by a local radio station. It had bands like Westlife, Eiffel 65, Smash Mouth, and a bunch more that I can't remember.

Then, shortly after I went to a free Soul Decision concert. It was a thank you concert for being part of an listener's advisory board.

Then, I saw Go Fish (I think) in concert. That was pretty cool too.

On Friday, December 17, 2004 I went to the BEST concert so far. It was the Kottonmouth Kings. Best concert ever, and it was loads of fun.

I am now starting a webzine that'll rate and review music and concerts, with some hope that I might meet a couple of bands. (I've met Soul Decision, and that's about it.)
|se402|Clueless Slyth|First Year|
Adrasteia Kersey
No broom

Post by Adrasteia Kersey »

Lets see...I've seen the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nickel****, Bowling for Soup, The Rasmus, Blink 182...yeah, that's about it. And I'm going to see Green Day in February!!
Prof. Hermione Pena
No broom

Post by Prof. Hermione Pena »

I haven't been to many concerts. I've seen Weird A twice at the Orange County Fair. I didn't go last summer, because I think I was at camp or something at the time. The only other concert I've been to was a Hilary Duff concert at the House of Blues.
Magic is the sun that makes a rainbow out of rain
Magic keeps the dream alive to try and try again
Magic is the love that stays when good friends have to leave
I do believe in magic, I believe
Nasrin Almeida
No broom

Post by Nasrin Almeida »

Erm... concerts.... I haven't been to many, just Evanescense and Good Charlotte.
Be alert - the world needs more lerts.

'Aaaahhhh!! You broke my fortune cookie!'
Skye Emery
No broom

Post by Skye Emery »

I've been to a few. Most are local band shows, really. The greatest moshpit show was Billy Talent.
This isyour freedomin a life of fallacy, with no lastkiss & noGoodBye.

Shelly Guevara
No broom

Post by Shelly Guevara »

I just went to the Marilyn Manson concert here in Los Angeles at the Wiltern. I went to night #2 with my cousin. It was AWESOME!
That's all I have to say. I bought a shirt and a beenie. It was the Against All Gods Tour!! yay!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Fade Into the Night/Melt Into the Light

Return to “Music Talk”