Getting Into Harry Potter

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Rames
Comet 140

Post by Rames »

all stories up to this point have been added to the yearbooks /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

BTW, absolutely each and everyone who is reading this forum has their own "Getting Into Harry Potter" story. Don't be lazy... post it here! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Prof. Dom Gaidin
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Dom Gaidin »

*Realises he hasn't told his story*

My housemate at university had all the Harry Potter books (book five wasn't out yet) and recommended them to me. I was much into my fantasy books, and didn't see HP as 'my thing.' Around that time, we had a secret santa at work, and one of the girls bought me a musical santa tie, and HP and the Philosopher's Stone. I tried to read it and couldn't get into it, twice.
Then the film came out on DVD, and since we had so much of it at work, and I was pretty good at keeping up with my latest releases, I saw it, liked it, bought it. Then I got back to the book, started from chapter two, and finished it. We were selling the books at work to go with the film release so I bought the second, read it and bought the third and fourth.
Since then, I saw the second film on opening day, bought the fifth book on release day, and found and joined HOL...

Dom
Dom Gaidin | pr_dom | Hufflepuff Professor
'By nature of definition, only the coward is capable of the highest heroism.'
'The sooner I fall behind, the more time I'll have to catch up.'
Celestial Moons
No broom

Post by Celestial Moons »

My first ‘encounter’ with the world of Harry Potter was at a Halloween fancy dress party where someone came dressed as Harry. I didn’t have a clue who they were supposed to be until someone told me that Harry Potter was a boy wizard in a children’s book. I didn’t take any further interest until my Dad read the books and started raving about them. I didn’t really believe that they could be that good but then the first film was released and I decided that I had better see it as Potter-mania seemed to be sweeping the country. And then it happened. I loved the film. I was completely hooked and set about reading every book in the series so far. I devoured the first 4 books in the next 4 weeks and couldn’t wait for the 5th book. Unfortunately it turned out to be a long wait but well worth it & in the mean time I occupied myself with re-reading and re-watching the films as they were released at the cinema & on video. I am now eagerly awaiting the 3rd film and 6th book although with some caution where the film is concerned, as the Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite book and I wouldn’t want the film to ruin my impression of it.

Celestial Moons (Gryffindor, ce403, England)
Last edited by Celestial Moons on Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kadiah Bryll
No broom

Post by Kadiah Bryll »

To be honest, it took me a long time to remember how I even discovered JK Rowling’s books. In the summer 1999, my friend Sarah and I were taking a walk to visit her aunt and she started to tell me about a book that her mother had brought home for her. Sarah’s mother works at the public library, and so she tends to know which books are popular among the various age groups. Sarah described a magical school and a boy who attended it, and it sounded interesting, but I didn’t actively pursue getting a copy of this novel for myself. Eventually she became frustrated that I hadn’t read it because she wanted to discuss it, and so she loaned me the copy that she had purchased. I read it in two days, and became hooked.

My "obsession" didn’t start with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone though. After Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I started to meet other people who were really “intoâ€Â￾ the books, and through their enthusiasm I became a true fan. I dressed up in a Hogwarts uniform for the first time to see Sorcerer’s Stone in theatres, and I camped out to procure a copy of Order of the Phoenix at midnight when it came out in 2003.
Last edited by Kadiah Bryll on Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kadiah Bryll | ka309 | Reserve Prefect | HBC Moderator | AS Staff
Shane Patronum
No broom

Post by Shane Patronum »

For me, I know it might come as a shock to some of ya'll, but I had never heard of Harry Potter until about 2 years ago. At that time my roomate started getting so excited about this new movie coming out, and everytime a preview would come on he would stop everything and watch. He kept talking and talking about it, and I began to ask what he was so excited about. He just stopped and looked at me like I had 4 heads or sometime. He said "are you telling me you have never heard of Harry Potter?" to which I replied "NO". So he started telling me about the story of it and got me to go to the SS/PS movie with him. I though it was a good movie and all but I still didn't see the hype. Then a few weeks later I went to my friend's aunt's mountain house, and in the library I found the first book. I though "why not, I've got nothing better to do" so I started reading it. I finished it in just a few days. It was all my friends could do to get me to put it down while I was there. After that I was hooked. I got back home and started reading my roomates copies as fast as I could. I have now gone out and purchased myself a set because I can't rely on reading his forever. That's how I got into the magical world of HP, and then come to discover the great place that is HOL. Now when people start talking about needing to read a new book, and immediately suggest HP if they haven't read before.

Shane
Fern Davant
No broom

Post by Fern Davant »

It was an accident. I have a way of having the most wonderful accidents. I was flipping through Time magazine in about 1999 and in the back in their book review section their was a short little article. It was TINY, I mean maybe two paragraphs at most. Basically it said that this author, JK Rowling had had an unprecedented success with her books in the UK and that the stories were spreading in America. It also said that the next book in this series she wrote about a boy wizard would be coming out in September. It was about July at the time, I had tons of time on my hands because of summer vacation, so I wrote down the name's of her first two books, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

I can barely believe now that there was a time when I had to write down the names of these books to remember them. I actually trodded off to my local library, and they had two copies of the book, all of which were in stock. I caught onto the tail beginning of Potter-pa-looza. I went home and read the first chapter of CoS, realized that it was the second book, and picked up SS. But I'd already loved the first chapter of CoS, I couldn't have stopped reading these books if I'd wanted to. I read the first two in a day. And I read them for the rest of the month, over and over again. Before the summer was out, I'd read them over 20 times. Then school started, and I tried to tell all my freinds about this GREAT book. But nobody listened, nobody cared. I was a book worm, they seriously thought it was just some book I'd read and being nerdy I'd have to spread the educational reading. Then, in September, the third one came out. I got it for good grades on my report card, read it in a day, and spent the rest of the weekend rereading the other books.

NOW, people finally listened. They were like "OMG, WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS", and I was like, "I DID!". It was fun.

Thus, I became one of those obsessive fans, found HOL, waited in line for both GoF and OotP, searched for rumors, hung on JKR's every word during interviews, speculated on the death, etc.

Harry Potter has consumed the best years of my life.
Salem Blackadder
No broom

Post by Salem Blackadder »

I was pretty oblivious to the whole Harry Potter mania. On one very cliché rainy day I was restless and bored. After walking all over the house I finally ended up in my dad's room where the book my brother had gotten for his birthday lay on the floor. Whoever gave this to my brother didn't know him very well since he doesn't 'do' reading. So I sat there on that rainy day staring on at this book that was ringing a tiny bell in my mind. Oh right there was that student that didn't know the meaning of summary and for his book report had told us the whole plotline except for the conclusion. Well, I thought, that else would I do? I picked up the book, turned on the stereo and didn't finish reading until the end. The next day I took the subway downtown and bought the other two books in the series. The thing I loved about the books wasn't the actual story; I had read tons of similar ones before, but the characters. For some reason I loved the characters. After a few months went by I started losing interest. No one in my school liked HP except for a few. There was no motivation to re-read. It looked like the end of every reading another HP book again. And then like most fans, I found the 'love-hate' world of fanfiction. Fanfiction was great because it showed me a whole new side of the characters. It detailed the whole HP Universe. Now I'm completely hooked.

Salem Blackadder (Slytherin, sa403, Canada)
Last edited by Salem Blackadder on Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirabella Nevlome
No broom

Post by Mirabella Nevlome »

Ironically, it was my mother who got me interested in Harry Potter.

I think it was around the time when Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban had just been released. For the longest time all I could remember was all the media frenzy that circulated this series and how it was constantly referred to as a children's book and people dressing up and all that fun stuff. Now when there's a huge interest in something at once, like with the Harry Potter universe or Coldplay in the music business, I tend not to follow the trend of everyone else. I just stay back and wait for the dust to settle and then I'll see what all the fuss is about.

My mom was constantly telling me to read the books (she had the first two already) and that I would love it. However, me and my stubborness would have none of that, thank you very much! *LOL*

One day we were out shopping, and it was after Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was released. As a gift to my mom, I went ahead and bought her PoA and GoF since she hadn't got to read them yet. Later that night, I finally picked up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and I was instantly hooked. I think I read all four books in a span of three or four days.

From there on, I was completely entrenched in the HP universe. I don't think my mom knew what she was getting herself into when she introduced me to the HP world, but I can only imagine what she thinks, especially when it comes to the amount of time I spend here at HOL. I just tell her it's all her fault that she got me hooked and she just laughs. It's great!

Mirabella Nevlómë (Gryffindor, ma330, USA)
Last edited by Mirabella Nevlome on Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mira|Gryffindor Ninja|GQT Liek Whoa|fluent in typoese|Kim Jaejoong fangirl|<3333's everyone|PARQUE ESPANIA!!!

Prof. Jenny Lupin
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Jenny Lupin »

I've always loved reading books. I remember one of my friends mentioned Harry Potter to me, and I thought I would go check it out! I went home and told my mom all about the books. Well a few days later, she bought me Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for my birthday, and I started to read it that very night. I must have stayed up reading until well past midnight. I couldn't put it down! Already I had fallen in love with the book.

I finished it that week and went out to buy the second and third books, which had come out recently. And as I read them, my love for them continued to grow... each book bringing a new perspective and a new adventure. Since then, I have added to my collection, and I now own all of JK Rowling's Harry Potter related books. I find it amazing how wonderful they are. I eventually found my way here, to HOL, where I can talk to fellow HP fans, and share my ideas. And lets just say, that my obsession with Harry Potter is growing, and it isn't going to stop anytime soon!

Jenny Lupin (Gryffindor, je360, USA)
|Jenny Lupin|je360|Gryffindor|dHoH|Gryff Quidditch Captain|Gryff Seeker|
|Paw Print Editor|Lion's Pride Awards Committee Head|HOL Quidditch Class Assistant|
|Captain J.L. Winneboygan|Rabid KAT-TUN Fangirl|AKAME Fanatic|<3 Akanishi Jin <3|
Aelita-chan
No broom

Post by Aelita-chan »

I got into Harry Potter because I heard a lot of people in my school talking about it. Everyone knew what a fanatic I was about reading so they recommended that I have a look at it. When I went to the library to take it out, they on the CoS so I ended up reading the CoS before the PS. However, I really liked CoS so my mom wnet out and bought me the whole set. Since then, I've been an avid Hp reader and collector.

Aelita-chan | ne404 | Gryffindor |
[color= hotpink]Lady Marauder[/color] | Fourth Year |
Ickle Itty Bitty Kawaii Kitty Boo McGee |

PETER AND AVI BELONG TO ME! <3
Nivek Skytook

Post by Nivek Skytook »

You may not believe me, but what I am about to tell you is absolutely, positively true.

I don't have the slightest idea how I got in to Harry Potter.

All I remember is that I was with my mom at Price Club around the time that Goblet of Fire had been released, and we saw it, along with the three prequels laying on a desk. She suggested that we buy them and try it out, and knowing how I was when I was 12 (guess, I have no idea how old I was when this happened), I'm sure I just shrugged.

I don't even remember the first time I read the books, but awhile ago, before I got my drivers liscense, my mom was taking me to the mall. I wanted something to read in the car, so I grabbed The Sorcerer's Stone. From that moment on I was in love.

Look at me now...I know that on page 34 of Goblet of Fire, 17 lines down, the first letter in that line is 'T'. I seriously know that, too.

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />
Rachel B. Diggory
No broom

Post by Rachel B. Diggory »

Well, Once upon a time there was a Rachel with no Last Name. Rachel's best friend Megan loved Harry Potter books but Rachel was like Psh...baby stories! i Mean Hello?? Rachel was so old! like Seventh Grade! (haha) So Rachel didn't go near them. But then one day Rachel got bored. Really Bored. She was babysitting and the kids were asleep- so she picked up the Sorcerers Stone that was laying on the table. She read only the first page and asked to barrow it. Well Rachel had that book for what seems like months. She kept on reading the first few pages, getting bored, then putting it down. Then one day she decided she HAD to know what all the craziness was about!!....then it happened....she was hooked....
She read all three books in a few days and then when the fourth came out she read in in two days and soaked the rented book with the tears that overwhelmed her. She signed online and found a community Online of Potter Heads like her in this weird dark forum with purple spotted ducks...lol....years later she signed back in and remains there today as Rachel B. Diggory.

Rachel B. Diggory (Gryffindor, ra051, US of A)

*SOTM Queen Of CONGA*
Evelyn Moon
No broom

Post by Evelyn Moon »

How did I get into Harry Potter?

It's an interesting question to ponder. Well in 3rd grade I believe, 1998, Ev was roaming around the library to find something interesting to read. Her friend had come with her during recess time because it was raining outside and Ev needed a book for silent reading.

They looked through a bunch of books they had already read or though were too boring (*heh* 3rd graders are allowed to judge books by their covers). Then they came upon a slightly battered book in the library, but it had this really cool picture of a boy flying on broomstick. Ev loved fantasy then and still does.
She picked it up, not knowing what to expect and decided to check it out. When the librarian saw it she shook her head and told the girls the book was really old and if they wanted it, they could keep it. Ev was really happy and read it all day, sneaking bits between class.
She finished it a night later and was amazed at the ending and read it again. And again. And again.
She didn't actually realize there was a sequel and when her friend told her, Ev was so excited. When Ev's friend finished the second one, she lent it to Ev over the weekend, who spent all Friday night reading it. She was hooked.
Her mum and dad took her to the bookstore later and bought her the second and third books, at this time they actually encouraged the mad obsessive reading of Harry Potter.
By the time the 4th book came out young Ev had read the books about 9 times a piece. She had really wanted to go to get it at midnight but her mum refused. The next morning Ev and her dad rushed into bookstores looking for it and finally found one copy, the last, in Toys R Us.
By the time the 5th book came out, Ev had become active in an online Hogwarts, spent countless hours talking about her obsession (scaring people away even), knitted a scarf, read too much fanfic (although it helped the insane girl get through the 2 years, 11 months, and 19 days waiting for the 5th book), and joined a quidditch team for her house where she spends many hours answering trivia questions such as what is the first word in chapter 17 of GoF.

Evelyn Moon (Ravenclaw, ev405, USA)
Last edited by Evelyn Moon on Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anybody who still thinks the sky is the limit has no imagination.
Evelyn Moon :: Ravenclaw :: secondtime!Second Year :: ev405 :: <3 RQT :: Preppy!Moony
Godric Swede
No broom

Post by Godric Swede »

[On behalf of Godric and Kyle I solemnly swear that they would not care one bit about Harry Potter if it weren't for Lego. I remember once getting a package from the Childrens' Book of the Month Club and the kids were excited to see what they got until I produced the Goblet of Fire. "Oh. It's just one of Mommy's books...." And then, LEGO introduced the first Sorceror's Stone Sets! Godric and Kyle immediately had to know everything I knew about Harry Potter cause these sets were so COOL! ("If LEGO makes it, it must be good!") They haven't looked back since. In fact, their elementary school has held a Harry Potter week for the last three years, and this year we volunteered to help decorate the office with Godric and Kyle's LEGO sets. We got a lot of comments on it!

They've come full circle now. Kyle even makes his own LEGO characters -- you should see his Dementor MiniFig!

Mom Swede on behalf of Godric, who needs the points!]
Wand:
Elder, 15 1/2 inches,
Hair from Chimaera's Mane.

Pets:
Frankie Rat and Benji Rat;
Rattina and Peanut, of Blessed Memory.
Rachel Cherokee
No broom

Post by Rachel Cherokee »

My very long story on how I got into Harry Potter

*ahem*

It was way back in 1999-2000. I went out with a bunch of my friends. Having an extremly long train ride to kill, they started talking about this person called Harry Potter. Being young and curious (I was only around 8-9?), I asked them what on earth was this Harry Potter. Now, they told me about Mr Harry Potter. Once I found out it was a book, it turned me off. I wasn't a bookworm back then. Anyway, they lend my sister the book that changed my life, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
So one fine day, I did finished all my homework and other work and there wasn't anything good on TV, I picked up the cute little book with the train on a cover and this weird guy with a turban at the back. Almost as soon as I finished the first chapter, The Boy Who Lived, I was hooked. I read it everywhere I went and even read it under the table in school. Soon, it was time to return it to the rightful owner. My sister then decided to buy Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets and not long after that, I bought Philosopher's Stone. It was from Borders and instead of having Quirrell on the back of the book, it was Dumbledore. Anyway, soon the third book came out and I borrowed it from the same friend, sadly I didn't buy the third book until the fifth book came out. The fourth book is very special to me, it's from the UK. My mother's friend bought it for my sister. The price tag is still on it, although it's fading off already. In between the fourth book and towards the release of the fifth book, I became involved with HOL. By the time I was crazily involved in HP, it was too late to pre-order the fifth book. But i remember the first thing I did when I woke up on the morning of the release of the fifth book, I started calling all the bookstores nearby to check if they had stocks of Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix left. I picked it up at a nearby bookstore and was hooked to it from dinner to church (my mum actually had to pry my eyes away from the book to head for church but i ran all the way back to the car once service was over). I remember reading till 3am in the morning and my eyes went all teary. The next day i went back to the book and started reading it over and over again. It wasn't until I was a HQT member that I realised I needed the third book and Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them desperately. The hunt for QTTA and FB wasn't long. I went to at least 5 shops to look for them. I found QTTA in a bookstore near my house and FB in Borders together with PoA.
The rest of the story, as they say, is history.

Rachel Cherokee (Hufflepuff, ra418, Singapore)
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow.
Sometimes our choices are made for us.
And sometimes, we have no choice at all.
Relika Potter
No broom

Post by Relika Potter »

well in Estonia(a small country) the rumours move fast.... rumors about Harry Potter too... still all I knew was that there is a book of Harry Potter. this books talks about a boy who is wizard. my first though was-this is childish. this book is for children... stupid book.
Still the rumours made me curious... and when I changed school, it was almost 3 years ago, there was a girl(in my class) who's mother works in library. she read a lot. so did I. I still do. and she talked about Harry Potter and told me to read it...
I was still sure that this book is childish and i didn't read it. besides I though that one book can't be that good... that people overreacting....
at the same year I moved and meet new people near my home. there lived a girl-huge Harry Potter's fan, and she had a friend who owned all Harry Potter books (so 4 books) and I was like... sure why not read them... if he borrows...
and to my huge suprise, he did... I was stranger to him.... I had talked to him only once before he borrowed me first book. so I took the book, went home... I didn't want to read.... so I put the book on the shelf... where it stayed like a week... Why??? beacause I still though this book is meant for children (well somehow they are) that it's like fairy tales-like cindarella etc..... and I hate fairy tales.
so a week later when I get the book, my parents went out. I was home alone. I was bored... so what to do??? well-read. I took Harry Potter book out of the shelf and started to read.
gosh.... the first pages were soo boring.... I put this book down again. And first though was-I was right!!!! this book is boring.
Since I didn't had nothing better to do, no other book to read... I took harry Potter out again and started to read.... and when my mothers came home I was still reading... I started to like this book with every page I turned...... and I didn't put this book down until I had finished this.... so in the mniddle of the night...
After that I was so mad at myself... for waiting so long... the next day, I was sleepy but I didn't care.... I went to this boys house and borrowed another book(the chamber of secrets)
but the last book(globet of fire) I had to borrow from library-he wasn't home... and after I read it... about day or two ago I re-read it.... I was soo huge fan... and I started to borrow these books again.... I've read them like 4-5 times.... (each book) I don't have them on my own... only 1-OotP But I'll buy the others too /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

so this is my story........

Relika Potter/re377/Gryffindor/Estonia
Last edited by Relika Potter on Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzie Watson
No broom

Post by Lizzie Watson »

When the books first came out I was not interested in them at all. When the first movie came out my little sister got it for her birthday. We all sat down as a family and watched. I was amazed, everything about that movie I loved it. I still didn't want to read the books. The next movie comes out but this time I got the movie. At that time I was obsessed. My mom and I had put it on pre-order. We got the movie three days before it came out. I stayed up and watched it. Once again I was amazed at everything about the movie. That Christmas I asked for the books. So on Chrstmas morning I got them! Since I already knew what happened in books one and two I started three. I read it in one day. Then I read four, but my obsession continued when I heard the fifth book was coming. The local book store was selling them at mid-night. I went and got my book. I was so happy. By the time my mom and I let the bookstore it was around 1am. I stayed up until 4am reading it. Now I am here today at HOL. Even more Harry Potter obsessed and loving it!

Lizzie Watson | li489 | USA
Lizzie Watson

Neha . Tawny . Tiffany ~ May the dust be with you. <3
Randy Chicago

Post by Randy Chicago »

In fourth grade (4 yrs. ago), I was shopping at K-Mart with my Dad. Have you ever had a time when you were out shopping when you didnt see anything you liked but just wanted to get something? Well, I was having one of those moments. So, I saw this book called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I asked my dad if I could get it and he was like "Nice to see ya into readin son". So, I got the book not knowing that it would change the way I looked at life forever...kindof like the Bible. Without that one day at K-Mart, I would be a completely different person.

Thanks J.K.R.
Assja Brown
No broom

Post by Assja Brown »

I bought the first Harry Potter book around the time the fourth volume came out in german. Harry Potter was all over the news at that time and when I needed something to read I saw english Paperback version in the bookshop and got it. When I visited the bookshop three or four days later I got the 2nd and the 3rd volume. Though if I'd seen the American cover first I wouldn't have bought it, because I think the American cover is horrible. The thing is that I was suppose to be in America at that time (I had a place as an Aupair) but came home after only three month instead of a whole year. But if I had stayed who knows if I ever would have read Harry Potter. Harry Potter was also the first "big" book I read in english.

Assja /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
Kerri Sangrepura

Post by Kerri Sangrepura »

The day was my thirteenth birthday. I sat around a table piled with the remnants of a Japanese dinner for eight with the appropriate number of friends to fill the seats. My mother proudly brought in a box full of the gifts and cards my guests had brought. Some of them I knew well enough to know exactly what they had in store for me. Katie, ever determined to make a girl out of her tomboy friend, would have a few choice selections from Bath and Body Works in the bag she presented me. Loran would have included some reference to an inside joke that would have us both in stitches. And Tabia, my constant companion in intellect, would have artfully wrapped a book of some kind.

Surely enough, my guesses were correct. Cucumber melon hand soap and shower gel from Katie. A jersey from Loran. And what I got from Tabia was indeed a book. I tore open the paper, then was forced to hide the disappointment I felt. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was the title of the paperback. I was quite disgusted. Tabia, my fellow bibliophile, had betrayed me! She had seen fit to give me a book from that ridiculous wizard boy fad! Everyone I knew had read the first three books already. I hadn't. Such popular literature was below an intellectual such as myself. I was perfectly content to give them my smug smiles as they read these trashy novels while I plowed through things like Jane Eyre and The Grapes of Wrath.

This novel that I took as such an insult to my intelligence was shoved under the front seat of my mother's minivan and quickly forgotten. That was April.

Tabia and I went to different schools and rarely saw each other, but we ended up signing up to take some enrichment classes for middle schoolers together at the community college in July. In our phone calls, Tabia had frequently asked me if I'd read the book she gave me yet and if I liked it. I finally lied to her and said that I had read it and that I enjoyed it, both to spare her feelings and to alleviate my annoyance. The night before the first day of my class, my mother said to me, "You know Tabia's going to ask you about that book. You have GOT to read it so that she doesn't find out you lied to her and get her feelings hurt."

I grudgingly agreed. After a frantic search all over the house, Mom finally remembered the book's place of honor under the seat. She brought it in to me. Still, I procrastinated as long as possible and finally began reading around eleven PM. At four in the morning, I read the last word and closed the novel. My first words to my mother the next morning?

"Mom? D'ya think we could go get the second Harry Potter book today?"

Kerri Sangrepura ( Slytherin, ke407, USA )
Last edited by Kerri Sangrepura on Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”