Movies!

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Artemis Beoulve
No broom

Movies!

Post by Artemis Beoulve »

Hey yo! Just decided to create this topic and not limit it to just Summer Movies. I don't think this topic was created so I took charge!

I got this idea after reading and posting in the Disney topic and when I saw Peter Pan, it reminded me of one of the best movies ever, HOOK! That movie was just awesome! I truly wished there was a Neverland! LoL, I remember when I had the hugest crush on Rufio! Oh! Don't forget to check out this awesome band called Rufio, in honor of the hottie lost boy from Hook!

I also like Jurassic Park, Star Wars, The Count of Monte Cristo, Miss Congeniality and Ever After.

Tags:
Kristianna Riddle

Post by Kristianna Riddle »

*hugs Artemis Beoulve*

You mentioned my topic on Disney! I'm the first to reply. I think. Hook was a great movie! Hello to the Lost Boys and sadly to the one who died. Rufio.

Other movies mentioned are awsome choices too; but you forgot a crucial one!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!
Ken Hidaka

Post by Ken Hidaka »

You want a good movie? I'll tell you one, yeah bebi! Do I make you horny? Do I?! Do I make you rrrrrandeh, bebi?! XD Austin Powers is hands down funny stuff, hahaa. I gotta agree with Artemis on all those noted movies and oh, oh. The People vs. Larry Flint is just awesome. Especially if you plan to go into law. There's also Amelie, a french movie about a girl who goes around doing good. *tear* so touching, indeed. And Gosford Park was excellante, oui. Those are my recent movies. Hm, I have yet to watch Lord of the Rings. *hears gasps from Legolas lovers* Yeah, bite me.
Artemis Beoulve
No broom

Post by Artemis Beoulve »

*gasp*

LoL /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> You're bad Kenny-babo, real bad. Heheheh, you're right, Kris, I forgot Harry Potter! Silly me! Oh and while I'm at it, how about Lord of the Rings and Black Hawk Down. That was an excellent war movie.
Isabelle Aude
No broom

Post by Isabelle Aude »

The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Probably more while I'm at it...

The one that impressed me the most, at the time, was Twister. Then again, I was pretty young and stupid.
Isabelle Aude|Slytherin|is018|

Flea's a losah.
A-C1
Kristianna Riddle

Post by Kristianna Riddle »

I'm back! (again...)

Ken - AP movies are hilarious. Go you for mentioning them. I like your fake Scotty accent.

Riddlesque - Don't worry, I thought Twister was good too.

Artemis - This topic is cool. A romantic favourite of mine is 'A Walk to Remember'

Others are Serendipity, LOTR /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, and soon to be Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
Andromache Eetionades

Post by Andromache Eetionades »

These are already in my profile, but the movies I really like are "The Sound of Music" and "Beauty and the Beast." I also thoroughly enjoyed Spartacus and Don Quixote. I'm such a drama/romance person.
Clover O'Riely

Post by Clover O'Riely »

I loved Austin Powers GOld Member, Signs, Kung Pow (sp?), Master of Disguise and Harry Potter!!!! Even though that was a little while ago it came out on dvd this summer.
Prof. Manda Noodle
No broom

Post by Prof. Manda Noodle »

What about the classics?? Gone With the Wind has got to be the best movie ever. Then there's My Fair Lady.

Newer favorites are Good Will Hunting, HP, Lilo and Stitch, and Shakespeare in Love.
l Offical Huff Nerd l The Magic of Science l Deep Thoughts with Harry Potter l

'Would you like to do some homework? That always gets me feeling better!'
Chris White

Post by Chris White »

i loved the movies-
swordfish, batman(all of them), 10 things i hate about you, happy gilmore and heaps more

Post by Guest »

"The hills are alive, with the sound of music..."
Yeah, The Sound of Music is one of my all-time favourites! It's absolutely amazing! Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings were fabulous! And I heard Austin Powers: Goldmember was reeeally funny! I want to watch it!
*sighs*
Why are there only 24 hours in a day? Darn!
Amonara Escalore
No broom

Post by Amonara Escalore »

10 Things I Hate About You (Heath Ledger /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />), A Knight's Tale (/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Obsessed? Never!), Interview with a Vampire, Star Wars (Yes, all of them even TPM), Saving Ned Divine (absolutely crackers), Shakespear in Love, LOTR, HP1, The Newsies, Gosford Park, Fame (/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Oh yeah, leg warmers!), To Catch a Thief (Oldie but a goodie), and...... Oh I could go on and on, but that's all I can think of, for now. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />
~Normal is a setting on a washing machine~

All you have to do is love me...
Athena O'Neal

Post by Athena O'Neal »

The best movies for me are Gigi, Catz and Gone with the wind. I have an obsession with musicals /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk
Cleansweep One

Post by Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk »

How could anyone hate the Harry Potter movie in this place? Lol, well, HP and Lord of the Rings are definitely in my favorites list. So is Spiderman, Star Wars, and Lilo and Stitch. Those are only my current favorites (well, HP and LOTR are also my all-time favs as well). I also loved Ten Things I Hate About You (Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles) and She's All That (Freddie Prinze Junior and Rachel Leigh Cook). For some more classics, I also liked Robin Hood, the one played by Kevin Costner and Alan Rickman (Sheriff of Nottingham and Professor Snape in the HP movie), as well as Robin Hood: Men In Tights (that was hilarious!). And finally, just because I loved the book so much, Emma was also one of my faves (the one I saw was with Gwyneth Paltrow, though).

Phew, that was pretty long. Tata!
Kathy Lau
No broom

Post by Kathy Lau »

HPSS of course, but I'm sure I'll love COS too. Danny is just fabulous! And also a Korean film named My Sassy Girl, it's soooo funny. LOTR is good too!
ImageKathy Lau l ka106 l GRYFFINDORImage
Alicia Comaneci
No broom

Post by Alicia Comaneci »

I loved Pearl Harbour!! /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

~Don't let the past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you become.~

Alicia Comaneci
Hufflepuff
al319

Elizabeth Granger

Post by Elizabeth Granger »

I love movies - my wardrobe has more videos in it than clothes!

My favourites are Moulin Rouge, Lawrence of Arabia, Henry V, Withnail and I, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Labyrinth, The Man Who Fell to Earth and of course The Lord of the Rings!

I didn't like the HP movie very much. I don't think it was a very good adaption.
Imogen Evans

Post by Imogen Evans »

My fav movies are definitely Moulin Rouge, and The Mummy Returns. Center Stage is ok too...
Bria Chevre

Post by Bria Chevre »

Star Wars, LOTR, HP, Moulin Rouge--gotta love Ewan McGregor /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />; Ever After, Lilo and Stitch, Beauty and the Beast, Ferris Bueller's Day Off (yes, I know I spelled that wrong!), a bunch of others...
Zerah Mandragoran
No broom

Post by Zerah Mandragoran »

I haven't seen much lately so my memory is a bit off now, but I'll try...
Dogma, LOTR, Ever after, Interview with a vampire (Havent seen the whole, but it seemed really good), Moulin rouge, everything Disney, Shrek, Anastacia... I'm sure I could have mentioned more, but this is all that comes to mind right now...

-Zerah

Return to “Movie Talk”