Ursula K. Le Guin

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Ursula K. Le Guin

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Ursula K. Le Guin, the award-winning science fiction and fantasy writer who explored feminist themes, has died peacefully in her home. She has been called a “literary icon” and the “deepest and smartest of the writers”. Her best-known works, the Earthsea series, have been translated into 16 languages and sold in the millions worldwide.

What have you read and how has it affected you?
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Tags:
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Ursula K. Le Guin

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I saw this on my newsfeed and was saddened when I did. It is always difficult when someone who creates work that I like passes away. It had been many years it seems since I read Earthsea, and these are the novels that I know her for. After finding out, I borrowed the first book again from the library and began reading. I forgot how much I actually liked the series and what I learned from it. I remember reading the first book during a period of my life, and it taught me how sometimes I have to face my fear head on. I have to chase it in order to overcome it. If I keep running from it, it will chase me until the opposite is true.

I definitely plan on completing the series again as an adult and seeing what else I can take from it because there are many lessons to be learned.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “Book Talk”