What Book Are You Reading?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Winnifred Seas
No broom

What Book Are You Reading?

Post by Winnifred Seas »

I wondered what everyone is reading.
I'm over half way through Crispin and the Edge of the World.
pretty soon i'm gonna start reading Dracula. actually probably tonight that i start reading! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Gryffindor, Second Year
Yay, for David Bowie!!!
Very Random......

Tags:
Ashley Forog
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ashley Forog »

I'm reading 'The Hobbit' from the Lord of the Rings. I'm also reading alot of non-fiction books, they're my favorite /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

~*Ashley*~
7 1/2 inches from a spruce tree, with a dragon heartstring core is my wand.
Chloe Lamorte
No broom

Post by Chloe Lamorte »

Right now I'm in the middle of reading Interview With a Vampire by Anne Rice. I just finished reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks last week and a few days before that, New Moon by Stephanie Meyer (<-- great book by the way)
|Chloe Mae Savannah Lamorte|
Ad astra per aspera|To the stars through thorns|Latin Proverb
Jennifer Reed
No broom

Post by Jennifer Reed »

I am reading at the time a book called Spector of the past. I believe it is written by Timothy Zahn. I have read the book before but I really like it so I am reading it a second time. It is Star Wars related and I am a big Star Wars fan. It is very good, well at least for me.
I am Iggy's Girl. If you mess with me, you are in for a world of trouble. I have 'special' friends.
Stella Noge
No broom

Post by Stella Noge »

Right now I am reading Eragon... it's a great book.
|Stella Noge|st815|Ravnclaw|1st Year|Pet: Cloudy, a Grey Cat|
Renee Kaiser
No broom

Post by Renee Kaiser »

For school, we're reading Hamlet. For fun, I'm reading HP PoA. =D I'm rereading 1-6 before 7 comes out, but it looks like I'll be finishing way ahead of time. I already have 2 books down and I only started a week or two ago... =/
Henrietta James
No broom

Post by Henrietta James »

Right now I'm re-reading HP6, and I also reading "The Man of My Dreams" by Curtis Sittenfeld. What can I say, I'm a sucker for girly books. She also wrote "Prep", a book I'm extremely fond of, so I figured I'd give this one a shot.
Prof. Angelus Darklost
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Angelus Darklost »

Currently on the nightstand...and practically finished are the following:

The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason
Showdown by Ted Dekker
The Secret Societies Handbook by Michael Bradley
...and a gaggle of Compleat Anachronist's, Eyewitness Books on various topics, several reference books about Medieval Islamic culture and the Turkish invasion of Constantionople, and a myriad of Medieval cookbooks.

Let's just say my reading is slightly ecclectic...*heh*
"The monkey may be off your back, but that doesn't mean the circus has left town." -- George Carlin
Aravis Dolan
No broom

Post by Aravis Dolan »

Well... I just finished reading Beka Cooper: Terrier. It was really good. I love Tamora Pierce. I don't think I've ever read a book written by her that I haven't liked.

Now, I'm reading the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. I recently bought the fourth book, but I haven't read any of them for a long time. So I decided to re-read the whole series! /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />
Kashana Nightdweller
No broom

Post by Kashana Nightdweller »

What am I not reading? Haha. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I'm constantly reading things for my English class. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I just finished King Lear and (a little bit before that) Waiting for Godot and Rosencratz and Guildenstern are Dead.

Now I'm starting Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. His imagery is beautiful. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The only book I've actually started reading for fun and without reason has been The Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Thanks to Morgy Black for my siggy! *huggles*
Prof. Iruel Riddle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Iruel Riddle »

I'm currently reading Fruits Basket volume 14(It's a manga, so I'm not sure it counts.. ^^/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />. Which I will be done with VERY soon. XD
I'm also reading The once and future king, by T.H. White. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. I'm not sure how good this book really is, though, as I've only gotten to page 14 or so. ^^;. But what I HAVE read was pretty interesting.
Prof. Iruel Riddle|pr_rid|Slytherin

"You know your place in the sky
You hold your course and your aim
And, each in your season returns and returns, and is always the same.."
-Javert, Stars, Les Miserables
Winnifred Seas
No broom

Post by Winnifred Seas »

Chloe Lamorte wrote:QUOTE (Chloe Lamorte @ Jan 26 2007, 11:19 PM) Right now I'm in the middle of reading Interview With a Vampire by Anne Rice.

I love that book! I need to get the queen of the damned checked out from the library to finish reading it.

I hate how you'll read a book then and then a couble months later you'll forget what happens in the book.
Gryffindor, Second Year
Yay, for David Bowie!!!
Very Random......
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

For my AP english class, we're in the middle of the Scarlet Letter. *eye roll*
For fun, I'm reading A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. My best friend says is the greatest book and I should read it...
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Akil Thutmose
No broom

Post by Akil Thutmose »

I'm currently reading 7 Deadly Wonders by Matthew Reilly. It's got a really interesting idea behind it. If you're a fan of history, be sure to check it out.

It's nice to land softly on my feet with a stand-alone book after finishing a six-book series like I just did a couple of days ago. Knowing you don't have another book with the same character in it is good for the soul at times.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
"Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be!" -Eru Iluvatar, The Ainulindale, The Silmarillion
Zend Avesta

Post by Zend Avesta »

I Like Detective book & Horror book..
Kalista Birkston
No broom

Post by Kalista Birkston »

I'm currently reading Forever In Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Go Go Gryffindor!
Shoot Shoot Slytherin!
Rah Rah Ravenclaw!
He He Hufflepuff?
d(^_^);;
Chelle Star
No broom

Post by Chelle Star »

I'm currently reading 2 bookies!

1. Lady Chatterly's Lover- D.H Lawrence. It's fantatstic and the fact that it wasn't published until 1960 makes it a much more desirable topic!

2. Cottonmouth Kisses- Clint Catalyst. Love this guy - more for light reading!

Do any of you smell books when you buy them? Some smell delightful but others smell like old used toliet paper which puts me off buying them!- gees, I've lost my marbles!!

C* xox
**Reasons are like seasons, they constantly change,
and the reasons of last year are like seasons that
have floated away'**
Olivia Charm
Oakshaft 79

Post by Olivia Charm »

QUOTE I'm currently reading Forever In Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares![/quote]

wwwwwwhhhhat?! there's a forth one???
i'm i israel, and i bought the second and third books in english, while i was in the usa, but i thought that the third is the last!
that's so great!!! omg, i'm sooo happy! will the forth one be the last?
Giroro, Gilbert & Glimfeather - love forever!
Isabella Kettleburn
No broom

Post by Isabella Kettleburn »

I just finished Hood by Stephen R Lawhead which is the first in a series retelling the Robin Hood legend. It was really good - I can't wait for the others to come out.
~*~Fourth Year~*~ Wand: 10" Sycamore, centaur tail hair core.~*~
Winnifred Seas
No broom

Post by Winnifred Seas »

Chelle Star wrote:QUOTE (Chelle Star @ Feb 15 2007, 07:42 AM) Do any of you smell books when you buy them? Some smell delightful but others smell like old used toliet paper which puts me off buying them!

I smell books after I've baught/had them. Actually I do that quite often without noticing.
You aren't the only one thats lost their marbles.
Gryffindor, Second Year
Yay, for David Bowie!!!
Very Random......

Return to “Book Talk”