Outsiders

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Nikki Malfoy
No broom

Post by Nikki Malfoy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:38 pm

Well, I had to read this over the summer for school, and I loved it! I usually don't like dramas or books that are really sad, but this one was different for some reason. I just loved it! Has anyone else read it? If so, what'd you think?
Last edited by Nikki Malfoy on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meh
Amanda Patel
No broom

Post by Amanda Patel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:15 pm

I first read The Outsiders in seventh grade and I absolutely loved it. The characters all seemed real (I loved Sodapop the most, followed by Two-Bit and Dally) and I loved how the author used her experiences when she was in high school as a source of inspiration for the novel. I also saw the movie and loved it as well.

If you loved The Outsiders, you may enjoy some of S.E. Hinton's other books as well, such as That Was Then, This Is Now (this book takes place in the same world as The Outsiders. It even has an appearance by Ponyboy himself), Rumble Fish, and Tex.
Otis B. Driftwood: It's all right, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause.
Fiorello: You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Claus!
-A Night at the Opera
Nikki Malfoy
No broom

Post by Nikki Malfoy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:12 am

Yea, we actually have to read That Was Then, This is Now next year, but I've already started it because I can't wait! I also saw the movie and loved it.I also loved how it was almost exactly like the book. THere were few parts that I didn't see in the movie that were in the book. I loved it!
Last edited by Nikki Malfoy on Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meh
Prof. Iruel Riddle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Iruel Riddle » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:46 pm

I read it about 5 years ago, and it's still one of my favorite books I've been required to read. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. I remember loving the plot, and actually looking forward to class the next day so I could find out what happens next.(We listened to it on tape, and it annoyed me. I always wanted to read ahead of the tape, and we weren't supposed to. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> )
I didn't care for the movie, though. It cut out WAY too much for my liking. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
Prof. Iruel Riddle|pr_rid|Slytherin

"You know your place in the sky
You hold your course and your aim
And, each in your season returns and returns, and is always the same.."
-Javert, Stars, Les Miserables
Lilly Weasley
No broom

Post by Lilly Weasley » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:40 am

This is kind of funny because I was moving some things around my house and I came across this book. I loved it. The movie was good too.
Kiara Diamonte
No broom

Post by Kiara Diamonte » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:55 am

Heheh.. The Outsiders.... I read that book when I was 12.... and I cried! It was the first book that actually made me tear up while reading. I, of course, saw the movie and cried even more. And I also read Rumble Fish, (and watched that movie too), and Tex. The author is fantastic at writing realistic stories that captivate you! Anyways.. thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Made by CheekyxInfinity!Cosmo
Rachel Soloway
Oakshaft 79

Post by Rachel Soloway » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:27 pm

I LOVED these books. All of her books. I think Rumble Fish was my favorite. I love how they are all realistic and don't have happy endings. It makes them different from other things I've read. I also love the time period they are written in and not many books are written from that time period.
Sabbyth Magicke
No broom

Post by Sabbyth Magicke » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:57 am

That is such a good book. It made me cry though. The movie is even sadder though. A great book though.
~*Love is magic, but magic is sometimes...just an illusion*~
Hazel Kaprano
No broom

Post by Hazel Kaprano » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:53 am

My Language Arts teacher is making my whole class read this book and it's actually a pretty good book. We just barely started it though. I borrowed Rumble Fish from the library and I'm gonna start reading it soon.
Hazel Kaprano | Ravenclaw
Keaira Filan
No broom

Post by Keaira Filan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:35 am

The Outsiders was one of my brother's required Literature texts to study when he was 13. I picked it up for a read when I was feeling bored one day and after reading it, I deemed it fit to be one of my all-time favourite books! I still remember crying at one point. Sodapop's plight was really heartwarming.
Rachel Baudelaire
No broom

Post by Rachel Baudelaire » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:36 pm

Oh god.. The Outsiders.. I read that yeaaars ago. Good ol' Johnny. It's a great book. Wish I got to watch the movie, but I never did. Seems like it's a popular literature text :D Rumble Fish was fantastic too.
Mackenzie Krey
No broom

Post by Mackenzie Krey » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:13 pm

I had to read The Out siders for school this year and I feel in love with it. It was so good! Everyone in my class was surprised to find out that a girl wrote it. I wasn't, at all. Only a girl would go into that much detail and make her characters that attractive. (: Haha...we wacthed it in English class, and all the girls giggled when Sodapop was taking a shower and you saw his naked butt! All the guys were like "Ewww man that's nasty."

Return to “Book Talk”