Garth Nix

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Jesse LeFay
Oakshaft 79
Location: Slytherin, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe

Post by Jesse LeFay » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:58 pm

Garth Nix is a really cool writer who writes a lot about magic and the like, sort of like JKR but more complex. I can't believe that no one here hasn't heard of him, or read one of his books!!! Mister Monday, Sabriel....Come on. Anyone? at all?
Memento Mori
unus putesco slytherins regnum munduso
*Love is nothing but an Illusion*
~*SLYTHERIN PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE!!!*~
~*Credits to Camille Ritter for the lovely siggy above*~
Alice Averi
No broom

Post by Alice Averi » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:38 pm

I read the Abhorsen triology (Sabriel, Lireal, Abhorsen) and I loved them. I woulnd't be suprised if I read them again. I like how the magic is more more complicated than most books about magic. The bells were a really cool idea too and the whole system of using them was just so well developed.
Camille Ritter
No broom

Post by Camille Ritter » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:41 pm

Just like Alice, I read the Abhorsen books, too. I loved the library in Lirael. That was my favorite of Garth Nix's books, simple because I enjoyed that part the best.
I own Mister Monday but have yet to read it.
Last edited by Camille Ritter on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danica Sayre
No broom

Post by Danica Sayre » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:52 pm

I just finished reading the Abhorsen trilogy. I thought it was really good. I loved how there was so much conflict and you never knew what was going to happen next. There was so much background to about the Great Charter. My favorite book of the three was Lirael. I also really liked the Disreputable Dog.
Jesse LeFay
Oakshaft 79
Location: Slytherin, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe

Post by Jesse LeFay » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:11 pm

Heh see I knew I was right/ My favourite was Lirael, I actually own the Abhorsen Trilogy but for some reason can't find the second 2 *growl* oh well...he really has the entire storyline developed with all the kinks worked out, and the best part is that I don't think it's cliche at all. I really love his style ^.^
Memento Mori
unus putesco slytherins regnum munduso
*Love is nothing but an Illusion*
~*SLYTHERIN PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE!!!*~
~*Credits to Camille Ritter for the lovely siggy above*~
Alice Averi
No broom

Post by Alice Averi » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Jesse LeFay wrote:QUOTE (Jesse LeFay @ Aug 10 2006, 09:11 AM) Heh see I knew I was right/ My favourite was Lirael, I actually own the Abhorsen Trilogy but for some reason can't find the second 2 *growl* oh well...he really has the entire storyline developed with all the kinks worked out, and the best part is that I don't think it's cliche at all. I really love his style ^.^
Yeah, it really isn't cliche, I hadn't really thought about it, but I hate books that are so cliche they're predictable. Good point.
Narcia Bellamy
No broom

Post by Narcia Bellamy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:28 pm

Sabriel was a Ravenclaw book of the month last year, which is how I got into the series. Great books! I'm very excited that Across the Wall is finally out in paperback.

Return to “Book Talk”