Who Wants To Be An Author?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Eoin Hogworth
No broom

Post by Eoin Hogworth » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm

I know there are plenty of bookworms wanting to be the next 'Rohald Dahl' or 'Anthony Howrowitz'(I know, I'm one of them) I'm just intested to know who's going to try it?I know i will.
Danielle Mandeville
No broom

Post by Danielle Mandeville » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:59 am

Are you kidding me?!?! I have been writting a story for the past two years. It's been edited and changed so much, but the basic story is still there. I have plans of sending it to a publisher or getting a manager to send it. I've heard that there is a better chance of getting your story looked at if you have a manager. And I would love to get it published. It's been my dream to be a writter sice I learned how to read. I do hope to become a good writter, maybe even a great writter. I do have a few fans of some fanfics and other stories I've written. Most of my friends love my stories, and my younger siblings read them when ever they can. So yea, I would love to try to become a well known author.
Last edited by Danielle Mandeville on Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
*If the sky is the limit, why bother trying?*

Orick Excalibur
No broom

Post by Orick Excalibur » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:48 pm

I wanted to be an Author long ago. I eaven wrote a small book in 5th grade. I named it The Killer Potato. It was sort of based on a story about this mutated potato who wanted revange on all of the french fry eaters. On a more mature note, I would like to write a book some day. I just need to sit down and get creative. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
*Siggy made by Natalie James at the Sig N' Av Palace.*
Hufflepuff | First Year | Badger Cub Award | MARS | or605 |
Rolinda McKinney
No broom

Post by Rolinda McKinney » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:18 am

I've wanted to be a writer since I was seven. I always kept journals and planned on writing something like a life story, fictional, but based on my own. That didn't turn out so well when my suitcase got stolen at baggage claim... I was devastated, to say the least. But I managed, and although I don't really feel I have my groove back completley, I've been writing fanfiction for YEARS, for a few different fandoms, and a lot of original work. Me and my friend are even working on a play, and he already has most of the plot written out in this huge summary.

Anyways, yeah. I would love to be an author... at the moment I'm writing something I hope will be used for a movie. I'd love to see my idea on screen.
banana banana banana banana
terracotta
banana
terracotta terracotta pie!
... SOAD!
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:23 pm

I'd love to be a writer, but I know it will take time and much practice. I have some stories planned out and written down in summaries that I work on whenever I have time to do so. I hope to write something at some point that will be good enough to get published, but I don't think that will happen for a long time as most of what I write for the time being is only mediocre. I am trying to get better though and I trust I will be some day if I continue trying.
Allie Pitoyo
No broom

Post by Allie Pitoyo » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:38 pm

Being a writer it's what I aspire to be, I've done some work and published some, and recently I'm going to the long and narrow path of freelance writing. There are few short stories safely hidden in my harddisk and a quarter finished novella waiting to be published someday.

I love Mr. Dahl and Mr.Kastner so much, that someday I want to publish a children novel. I'm striving right now, but I never if I ever succeed, but if that never happened, I'll always be content that I have fought for it.
Ceridwen Hurst
No broom

Post by Ceridwen Hurst » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:31 am

Screenplays, novels, poems, atricles, essays, plays, fanfics...anything that has to be written is what I'm into. I would love to express myself (and others without a voice) in the future. I have many fans from fanfics and right now I'm writing the be all, end all fanfiction. I'm researching and all so I can get this out of my system. I already have a book formulating and a short story almost complete. Writing is just so - so - SO!
Adele James
No broom

Post by Adele James » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:19 am

I would love to be a published author one day. I've already written for the yearbook at my school, and I'm writing the Horoscopes for The Squibbler here, at HOL, right now. I've written HP and LotR parodies also, some of which are actually up at various fanfic archives! Woot!

I started writing more serious stuff (as in not just comedy or fanfic) about a year ago, and I'm half way through a really, really great story. I've also got a massive folder of all of my story ideas and maps and everything that I've planned out but never got around to writing.

I've actually received a commission! From a friend in RL, who is a composer, to write a parody of all the HP films or books, and he'll write the music, and then we'll drag some randoms in and re-film, using my parodies as scripts! I'm working on that task right now, actually. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Alyce Sharp
No broom

Post by Alyce Sharp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:16 am

I'm gonna give it a shot but more as a hobby than anything else. My friend and I have a major project in the works. It's an epic thing. I'm actually working on the story of the second generation's trilogy. I've only got a prologue for the first book done though. It's sad but I can't seem to drag up my desire for them. I'll probably end up on the frist generation's stories. She's writing the prequel for the main series. I also have a separate project which I am much more into. It's a fairytale adaption which merges a bunch on the classics into a sequel of sorts. The targer audience is teens or adults. I'll figure that one out when I get there. That's the one I'm excited about.
Last edited by Alyce Sharp on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Life hates me but I hate it more.
Prof. Hermione Pena
No broom

Post by Prof. Hermione Pena » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:48 am

At one point some years ago I thought being an author would be really cool, then it passed, and now I'm thinking along the same lines again. I'm not sure if I want to write books or articles for a newspaper or magazine, but I'm definitely thinking I want to do something where I can write. I started writing fanfics about four years ago, but the longest I've completed is three chapters. I'll come up with an idea I get excited about, write about it for a while, then start to lose interest.

I've never really worked on writing original fiction, I have an easier time coming up with ideas for fanfics than my own fully formed story. I need to work more on setting aside some time to just write a little every day, because otherwise I'll never get anything done.
Magic is the sun that makes a rainbow out of rain
Magic keeps the dream alive to try and try again
Magic is the love that stays when good friends have to leave
I do believe in magic, I believe
Jamie Buckland
No broom

Post by Jamie Buckland » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:37 am

I have enjoyed writting for years and one of my dreams is to get a book published. i have written several short stories and have started on two novels, but have kind of got stuck. im hoping to get back into writing by starting a writting class in HOL.

im really lucky that my grandma enjoys writting as much as i so she gives me heaps of feed back on my stories. one of the things i love about reading is that i can imagine the characters, places, etc, so when i write a story i get to create my own places.
Lyza Zhen Haliwell
No broom

Post by Lyza Zhen Haliwell » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:52 pm

I've been doing fanfiction for two years and i really want to be a writer. I've been doing a lot of practice here writing stories and having the edited by a friend. Its really fun
|7 1/2" Mahogany w/ Unicorn Hair|GRYFFINDOR|3rd yr|
|PPC|Proud Rabbleteer|MuggleBorn|

siggy by Ceri McHawk
Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:03 pm

I haven't written a lot before, but for one year now, I've been writing on a novel. It's not so long yet - though I have a large part of the story saved in my mind... And I think it would be fun to get it published someday! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Rachel Selenia || pr_rch || Hufflepuff || Professor of Norse Myths and Legends
Head of HOL Tolkien Society || Wizarding Times Staff Member || HOL Book Club
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:23 pm

That would be me.
I'm actually in the middle of two teen novels... well.. try beginning. I'm having a hard time in one though... my newest... it's just traveling too fast... I have to find a way to slow it down somehow....
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Patricia Latimer
No broom

Post by Patricia Latimer » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:05 pm

Oh my Gosh! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I've already wrote a book! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I entered it in a really cool /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> contest at my school called the Create-a-Book contest! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Aphrodite Griffinclaw
No broom

Post by Aphrodite Griffinclaw » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:09 pm

I'm writing a fantasy children's book. I doubt it will be done in less than a year or two. Its for kids around 10-14 about a castle and evil king and that sort of thing. I got alot of inspiration from JKR and alot of it is based of Greek Myths.
"Life is like this dark tunnel. You may not always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you keep moving, you will come to a better place."
Forrest Lycus
No broom

Post by Forrest Lycus » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:31 pm

Well next year I'm off to study Creative Writing at Uni! So hoping to further my ideas and skills there- although i'm not sure about what I want to write really yet!
I mean I have written short stories and in middle of one crime-fiction book and a horror novel which is coming along really well.
But i've also wanted to do scriptwriting and stuff like that- have an idea for a TV series about a mental institution /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
So yeeeash--i wanna WRITE!
You’ll be the only one
’cause no one can deny
This love I have inside
And I’ll give it all to you
My love
My love, my love
My endless love.....:)
Jessica Summers
No broom

Post by Jessica Summers » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:45 pm

I would absolutely love to be an author. There is just one slight problem; I'm not very good at writing. Most of the ideas that come into my head are for fan fictions, which you can't really publish due to all of that copyright stuff. Still, it would be really cool to spend so much time and work on writing an amazing book and then watching readers around the world be in love with it. I think that if I do ever publish anything, it won't be my main job because well...I wouldn't make much money because the book wouldn't be too great. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Jess | Fifth Year | Gryff <3
Taylore Watson
No broom

Post by Taylore Watson » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:48 pm

I try to write sometimes and when I'm writing it seems like such a good story, but when I read it over after I write it it seems really dumb and bad. I keep trying though.

Return to “Book Talk”