The Song Of The Lioness

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Ilaina Summers
No broom

Post by Ilaina Summers » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:40 am

I love these books and have read them all atleast twice /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Neal. He's my all time favorite. I love him and just want to hug him sometimes he's so funny.

I really love Kel's attitude and I love George cause he makes me smile...He and Alanna belong together.

I've never read the CoM...is it really that good?
Last edited by Ilaina Summers on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sophronia Bradenton
No broom

Post by Sophronia Bradenton » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:41 am

YES CoM is really good, IMO it's the best of all the things she wrote. You really get into it and get to know the characters so well you find yourself adoring them no matter what. Briar was me and my friend's first fictional crush /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
*Overlord of Oboes and Mistress of the Majestic*

yum yum eat 'em up
Melui Kurayami
No broom

Post by Melui Kurayami » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:33 am

I've read Song of the Lioness. It was amazing, I loved it. I have the Immortals quartet sitting under my bed with the rest of my books which are waiting to be read.

She's an awesome author, I loved SotL.
Adelaide Carson
No broom

Post by Adelaide Carson » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:37 pm

Ohemgee, I love Tamora Pierce's books! She is such a talented writer! We had to do three powerpoints on books we've read for the quarter, and two of my three were on books by her!
Signature made by me. PM me if you want one! (I can't do animation yet, though. Sorry!)
Proud Lion
Wand: Redwood, 8 and 3/4 inches, Phoenix Feather core
Pet: Snowy Owl named Starr
Jayd Arian
No broom

Post by Jayd Arian » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:18 am

i love her books! i think all her heroines are so distinct and believable. it is usually the case that author's get stuck in a rut and their protaganists all end up seeming the same... i think if you love tamora pierce you might also like Piers Anthony... anybody else have some suggestions for those of us who've read all of Tamora's books but are still looking for a literary fix? ^_-
Willow Granger
No broom

Post by Willow Granger » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:46 am

I'm a bit of a Tortall beginner. I've read Wild Magic, The Immortals . I'm gonna read more when I have the chance. Are all the books at my Local Library? I'll be right back, please.

Willow
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter" ---Dr. Seuss
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:55 pm

Jayd Arian wrote:...anybody else have some suggestions for those of us who've read all of Tamora's books but are still looking for a literary fix?  ^_-
Meredith Ann Pierce wrote a trillogy which I read just after having read all of Tamora's books (They were right next to each other in the library and so I thought they might somehow be related and wanted to try them out) and I would definately recomend them to fans of Tamora, I loved both series so others might as well, they're worh a try at least.
The books are called The Darkangel, A Gathering og Gargoyles, The Pearl of the Soul of the World.
Last edited by Niniel Sanders on Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlet Savanna
No broom

Post by Scarlet Savanna » Sat May 20, 2006 7:17 pm

Nina Cecka wrote:First of all is that how you spell her name? Anyways I read The Song of the Lioness a little while ago and loved it and I was wondering if anyone else did too
i luv tamora oierce's books i have read all of her series and perfer protector of the small to the rest but then i just luv to read.
i own all the books she has written and she is my favorite author
Scarlet Savanna
No broom

Post by Scarlet Savanna » Sat May 20, 2006 7:19 pm

Sophronia Bradenton wrote:It's called The Will of the Empress. And it's gooood. So much intrigue! You get really involved and end up reading it until the wee hours of the morning /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
i read it in one day and ive read it 5 times. its so interesting but she needs to write another one after it /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Willow Granger
No broom

Post by Willow Granger » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:59 pm

Has anybody read Terrier yet? Just asking. I haven't. I've heard that there is going to be a new book called Melting Stones starring Rosethorn and Evvy. It sounds fabulous.

Willow
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter" ---Dr. Seuss
Prof. Audiaa Martin
No broom

Post by Prof. Audiaa Martin » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:14 pm

I got Trickter's Choice as a gift when I was in the hospital and I really enjoyed it. I liked how Alanna's character was really smart and independent. I got the sequel after that and read it in just a few days. Now, I'm interested to read about Alanna's mother in the Lioness books.
~~Accio Brains!~~
HOL Pen Pal Club | Writing Workshop
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:23 pm

I just finished Terrier and it is excellent. I'm really not into 'prequels' (stories that happen a decade, century or couple of centuries before the stories that I've been reading) but this one is totally acceptable.

I can't write much about it, because of spoilers, but I highly recommend it!

I really enjoy how each and every main protagonist is unique from the others of which Ms. Pierce has written. 'Terrier' is such a person -- and it is such a pleasure to read her story. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Aravis Dolan
No broom

Post by Aravis Dolan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:54 pm

Oh my goodness!! Favorite author ever!! Well...she's right up there with J.K. Rowling and others anyways.

I absolutely love Tamora Pierce's books. She has such a wonderful and unique writing style. I'm still working on collecting all of her books. I have seven to go! Hooray!

She also has a new book out--Beka Cooper: Terrier. I don't have it yet, but I'm definitely excited to read it!
Kira Tanith
No broom

Post by Kira Tanith » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:31 am

Willow Granger wrote:QUOTE (Willow Granger @ Dec 30 2006, 01:59 PM) Has anybody read Terrier yet? Just asking. I haven't.
I am going to when I'm done reading the book I'm reading now. I love Tamora Pierce!
Last edited by Kira Tanith on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marie Thenes
No broom

Post by Marie Thenes » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:20 am

Aaaaaaaaaah! A topic on Tamora Pierce! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm a huuuuuuuge fan of her books! *takes a big breath* After reading all of her Tortall series I then went on to the Immortal series and then The Circle of Magic series and The Circle Opens series, and just when I thought it was over (this was a few years back) she comes out with the Trickster's (which I HAD to read the two books then and there once I learnt of it), and now just recently I've finished with 'The Will of the Empress' (they have 'grown'!) and am now waiting to read the Terrier! *lets breath out*

What can I say? I love it how she develops her characters and storylines. I love how the ending of one series is not really an 'ending' but a beginning of another series that the same old characters are in along with new ones being introduced! So you learn of how the old characters get along even when you're through with their personal story. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> She's just an awesome author.

- Marie
Seventh Year | Gryff SPD Prefect | Agent T 02' | Holyhead Harpies 03' | SUN Scares 04' | Toffee Tiger Liger for Lyfe
-----9 1/2 inches, ebony, phoenix feather-----#~

Return to “Book Talk”