Does Any One Like Comics?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Liel Blue
No broom

Post by Liel Blue » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:26 am

ooh.. comics! can't get through the day without reading them!
i usually read mangas (japanese comics), but am also open to american and other comics, such as garfield (i just love this feline!), archie, tin tin or asterix.

some of my favourites mangas are meitantei conan (detective conan), detective school Q, detective kindaichi [hmm... see the pattern?] and absolutely 20th century boys!!! you guys gotta read 20th century boys. it has everythings! twists, actions, dramas..
Dawn Christensen
No broom

Post by Dawn Christensen » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:30 am

I like reading Manga. That counts as a comic book right? One of my favorites is Marmalade Boy. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

and by the way, how are you Ciaran? I havent talked to ya in awhile. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Last edited by Dawn Christensen on Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lera Kamerat
No broom

Post by Lera Kamerat » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:15 am

I love manga.
I also Like a lot of other comics.

By the way Dawn I never knew you liked manga. (Have not talked in a while.)
Lera
One for all and all for one!
Aiko Ghwitches
No broom

Post by Aiko Ghwitches » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:40 am

i love comic. japannes comic or manga than american comic. i think manga more real than the other comic.
Icarus Nazca
No broom

Post by Icarus Nazca » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:47 am

I collect a LOT of manga; I think my favorite seies would have to be MARS. I really love Saiyuki though...and RuroKen. YYH, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Fushigi Yuugi, Immortal Rain, Ranma 1/2, FAKE, um (thinking)

Oh well. I guess it's impossible to name them all.

The only American comic I actively purchase the the wonderfully amazing "Spider Girl" series. I looooove the M2 universe.

Personally, I'm just not a big fan of DC. I don't like the artwork or the storytelling.
Aiko Ghwitches
No broom

Post by Aiko Ghwitches » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:19 am

Detective conan, Gals, DDS, Q.E.D and many more
Corfien Calais
No broom

Post by Corfien Calais » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:13 am

from the american comic heros.. I like Batman most, not that much of following american comics due to their inconsistency of storyline(s), I guess it's an uniqueness of itself though.

love sandman and few others vertigo comics, but not following the story *pets vertigo artwork book

Mitsuru Adachi is brilliant in manga, found many female characters in mangas to be annoying/ mindless, his are all great /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> and a master of pace and subtlety *salutes

then few man-hwas.. (korean comics), most of them have rougher lines (or in girl comics case, even more dainty/ thin) than manga *currently searching for Priest #1 >_<
Good blood will never lie,
for worth is born instead of made.
Aiko Ghwitches
No broom

Post by Aiko Ghwitches » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:46 am

does anyone like romance comic??
Talitha Biggerstaff
No broom

Post by Talitha Biggerstaff » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:34 am

I like Japanesse one. I like Doraemon, Miiko, and Crayon Sinchan.
Talitha Biggerstaff
ta652
Hufflepuff
Sycyla Rose
No broom

Post by Sycyla Rose » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:25 pm

I read books mostly but I do read comics.
I like marvel best and my favourites are the avengers, fantastic four, x-men, spiderman and daredevil. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Prof. Iruel Riddle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Iruel Riddle » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:13 am

*Can't believe I didn't find this topic earlier* O-o;.
I'm a HUGE fan of Comic Books- Mostly Japanese or Korean, though. My favorite American comics(series or not) are ElfQuest, the Courtney Crumrin series, Gloom Cookie, the Adam Warren adaptions of old anime titles, the Blue Monday series, the Hopeless Savages series, Dramacon, Queen Bee, Once in a Blue Moon, Archie, and Jingle Belle. As for manga and Manwha(Japanese and Korean comics).. *pulls out huge list* I like Hana Yori Dango, Fullmoon o Sagashite, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Magical x Miracle, Chibi Vampire, Pita-Ten, Oh My Goddess, Slayers, Basara, Fullmetal Alchemist, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Alichino, The Queen's Knight, I.N.V.U., and more that I can't think of at the moment. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Last edited by Prof. Iruel Riddle on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Iruel Riddle|pr_rid|Slytherin

"You know your place in the sky
You hold your course and your aim
And, each in your season returns and returns, and is always the same.."
-Javert, Stars, Les Miserables
Olivia Charm
Oakshaft 79

Post by Olivia Charm » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:50 am

emmm... i used to read "betty and veronica" when i was little, just to practice my english, lol. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />
Giroro, Gilbert & Glimfeather - love forever!
Malacai Micheals
No broom

Post by Malacai Micheals » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:53 am

i love comics.have tons of Xmen, xforce,xfactor from the 80's and 90's. have a bunch of the alien vs predator as well.
Malacai Micheals
First Year Gryffindor

Return to “Book Talk”