Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Stephen Scofield
No broom

Post by Stephen Scofield »

I like Harry Potter, the dark is rising sequence, and Twilight sequence.

Tags:
Charity Swan
No broom

Post by Charity Swan »

My favorite series would have to be the Twilight series, and some other series that I like are: House of Night, Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, and Inkheart, I have others, but these are my favorite.
Amanda Patel
No broom

Post by Amanda Patel »

A couple years ago my favorite series would have been Harry Potter.

But now I really like The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher, and the Codex Alera series (also by Jim Butcher). Although at this point my top favorite over the two would be the Codex Alera series--that's only because I'm reading it at the moment, of course :)
Otis B. Driftwood: It's all right, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause.
Fiorello: You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Claus!
-A Night at the Opera
Guinevere Eytinge
No broom

Post by Guinevere Eytinge »

There are a lot of great series out there. Harry Potter obviously (we can all agree on that), but another one of my favourites is The Black Dagger Brotherhood. I do have to mention that this is not for young eyes, but I love them. The author makes the main characters seem like real people, and each book can basically stand on its own. Oh and The Tairen Soul series is amazing. If you love a good fantasy book, I'd suggest reading these books. the final one comes out in a few months and I can't wait. I borrowed the first couple of books of both of these series from a friend and couldn't put them down....now I can't wait for the next ones to come out!
Tatriana Maxwell
No broom

Post by Tatriana Maxwell »

Harry Potter, definitely. Along with the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Peter Pan is a classic favourite, and I'm sure I have dozens of others, but these are the ones that come to mind.
Sarah Asthenia
No broom

Post by Sarah Asthenia »

My fave series is definatly The Wardstone Chronicles!

I
Anatu Nerezza
No broom

Post by Anatu Nerezza »

Besides Harry Potter, I loveLord of the Rings, The Vampire Chronicles, The Black Magician Trilogy, The First Law Trilogy (so not meant for young people) and Midsomer Murders.
A man who does not think for himself does not think at all. ~ Oscar Wilde
Lynne Fantome
No broom

Post by Lynne Fantome »

Harry Potter!

There aren't any other series I've read that even jump to mind.
I want to see the light leave your eyes.
Raoul DeLomel
No broom

Post by Raoul DeLomel »

ohhh this is a hard one.

Okay I have three not including Harry Potter.

#1 the Avalon Series by Marion Zimmer Bradly. I absolutely love how myth, history and fantasy are woven together to create such a rich and enchanting world that I cannot get enough of. The Mists of Avalon will always be my favorite book of all time.

#2 The DÀrtagnan Romances by Alexandré Dumas. I love the Three Musketeers and the other books in this series. I love that time period in History which I think is why i Love these books so much. Besides some chronological errors in Dumas` writing they are great books. The Books in this Series are The THree Musketeers, twenty years after, The Vicomte de Bragelonne, Louise de la Vallieré and The Man in the Iron Mask.

#3 The Dreamers Cycle by Holly Taylor. This is basically a new take at eh Mists of Avalon Series. It runs off of the same King Author storie but Taylor adds more of the celit traditions to the story she expands on druids and their role in this series as well as aspects of the Celtic culture and religion of the time.
Special thaks to Adelline Aldridge for making this amazing sig!! <3
Alice Visnjic
No broom

Post by Alice Visnjic »

My favourites are:

The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud
Mark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine Rivers
And Harry Potter (of course)
What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.
What we call random is just patterns we cant decipher.
What we can't understand we call nonsense.
What we can't read we call gibberish.

Heather Granger
No broom

Post by Heather Granger »

My favorite series is definitely Harry Potter. I love the mystery, constant turns and the whole school idea. I mean, this is one series that you can totally see the world just jump off of the page from chapter one, and as unbelievable as it is, it also seems very real. The books top every series I have ever read, and let me tell you I read many.
Hikari-Lee Snape
No broom

Post by Hikari-Lee Snape »

ive been currently reading vampirates it is really interesting! ive read inkheart and i adore harry potter books
Tiffany Locke
No broom

Post by Tiffany Locke »

Harry Potter of course is my fave! I have been reading it since I was 11, and I could never replace it with anything. However, since the series ended in 2007, I have been looking for new things to read, to keep me busy in between my fanfiction. I have found a few series that definitely belong up there with HP in my mind. The Seems by John Hulme is an awesome series, they are on book 3 now. A new series I just got into is The Gone Series by Michael Grant. Check it out, its worth it. Lots of action and weirdness. Also, another great fantasy series is Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo. Great read, and plenty of books in the series! But, always, HP will top my list! :P
Last edited by Tiffany Locke on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bryan Blueshade
No broom

Post by Bryan Blueshade »

The Sevenwaters Trilogy and the Bridei Chronicles by Juliet Marillier is one of my favourite series ever. The historical fantasy settings are just brilliant and the stories are beautiful and sad at the same time. How she gathered things from history, mythology, fantasy and fairy tales and put them together is just fantastic in my opinion.
Lilia Firebird
No broom

Post by Lilia Firebird »

Well, I love books, and it's hard to pick my favorites. But I'd say Harry Potter(of course), Warriors, and Pendragon.
Liam Weasly
No broom

Post by Liam Weasly »

Star Wars??? How can you like Star Wars when youve read Harry Potter???
Lulu Poof
No broom

Post by Lulu Poof »

Other than Harry Potter of course, which well all here love dearly (otherwise we wouldn't be here...), my favorite series is the 'Sookie Stackhouse' series, which the HBO series 'True Blood' is based off of. I'm loving the vampire idea, but I really dislike how Twilight is written, so the Sookie series was the best choice! They have mixed suspense, adventure, and romance giving the perfect twists to new plots.
Charlaine Flimel
No broom

Post by Charlaine Flimel »

Well to state the obvious, Harry Potter is definitely my favorite book series! It is so wonderful that it is really hard to find words to describe it sometimes, but I do not think that anybody on HOL needs a description of Harry Potter. :) My next favorite book series is Twilight. I really like Twilight! It is a beautiful love story, and it has vampires and werewolves and all the details that make a fantasy just that! I also like the Sookie Stackhouse novels! It is much like Twilight, but with a little more grown up issues. They are great!
Isabel Moon
No broom

Post by Isabel Moon »

To echo several others here, Harry Potter, of course, is one of my favorite series. I also love all the series by David Eddings...I guess if i had to pick one, I would say The Mallorean is my favorite. Or maybe The Belgariad :D Twilight is all right; I don't think it's fantastic, but I enjoy that series. Oh, I also the Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan. New book is coming out next month!
Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ryan Granger »

My favorite book series besides Harry Potter is the Magic Tree House series. There writtin for younger kids but I still love them. Theres about 36 books last time I looked. There just a great book series (I don't want to give to much away)
Prof. Ryan Granger | Ravenclaw Head of House | Most Likely Lost

Return to “Book Talk”