Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Re: Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Harry Potter is, of course, at the top of my list. I love all of the Marissa Meyer books! I've read The Lunar Chronicles, including Fairest and am in the middle of Renegades right now. I absolutely love The Hunger Games and read those pretty quickly. I also really like The Chronicles of Narnia. I read those right before reading the HP series.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama

Tags:
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

Harry Potter ranks up there, of course. I also love The Insanity Series (Alice in Wonderland) by Cameron Jace, The 1929 series by M.L. Gardner, and the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. I also really enjoy the Divergent series and Chronicles of Narnia. Probably my favorite series of all times is the Arthurian Saga by Mary Stewart. I enjoyed The Avalon series by Marion Zimmer Bradley as well, and would rank that probably up there at #2 all time.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

I have two book series I love so much which are Harry Potter and Shadowhunters series. I can't even decide what world I want to live in while reading the books. Sometimes I want the two worlds to exist in the real world in the same time and to become a Shadowhunter warrior attending hogwarts ( Crazy right ?!) . I love reading Harry Potter because it's so magical and in the other hand Shadowhunters are my favourite books too. I love both of them equally so much.
( Sometimes I think these worlds are real in this world we are living. There're so many reasons for it ! ;) )
Laura Lestrange
No broom

Post by Laura Lestrange »

Harry potter is definitely up there. but i think my favourite book series is Keeper of the Lost Cities! i would recommend it if you need a new book series!
Paris James
No broom

Post by Paris James »

My favorite book series has got to be InkHeart series. It's amazing and something you check out if you like magic and adventure.
Silver Myst
No broom

Post by Silver Myst »

I have two favorite series if you can call the second a series since it is a few trilogy lol. First is the Everworld series by K. A. Applegate, and second it the second is The Shannara books by Terry Brooks. This is all of the books that the series Shannara chronicles was based on.
Ruby Green
No broom

Post by Ruby Green »

My favorite book series is all the way Harry Potter, particularly the last book.
Ky Greene
No broom

Post by Ky Greene »

I have different favorites depending on the genre of the book and the mood I'm in at the time.

Out of all the pure fantasy series out there, my top three are The Last Herald Mage trilogy by Mercedes Lackey, the Drizzt Do'Urden series by R.A. Salvatore, and the Doctrine of Labyrinths series by Sarah Monette. My favorite fantasy author is Brandon Sanderson, so all of his books are equivalent to these series for me.

In the science fiction world, the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card and the Dune Chronicles by Frank Herbert. I don't read a lot of pure sci-fi, so I'd love recommendations in this genre.

While I don't really have particular book favorites in the thriller genre, I do have favorite authors. James Patterson and Robin Cook are my go-to for suspense/thrillers. Dean Koontz and Stephen King are in this list too, but they seem like a given to me.

I also read a lot of non-fiction, since I'm a historian in the mundane world. Eric Hobsbawm and Stephen Prothero are both excellent authors who understand how to appeal to a general as well as an academic audience, and those authors are rather difficult to find in my field.

I could keep going, but I think this post is long enough as it stands! I'm always willing to give book recommendations, so feel free to message me if you're interested in any of the genres I've mentioned.
Torii Taylor
No broom

Post by Torii Taylor »

My favorite book series is obviously Harry Potter. It's one of the best series I've ever read. If I had to choose something else, then I'd choose the Fallen series, by Lauren Kate. It has a perfect mix of adventure, mystery, and romance. Another series I really enjoyed reading is the Cupids Match series by Lauren Palphreyman.
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

I love Lord of the Rings. Actually, all of Tolkien's books. Then, The Chronicles of Narnia, and Harry Potter.
Sakura Rose
No broom

Post by Sakura Rose »

My favorite book series other than Harry Potter is the Mortal Instruments Series and other related books. This is my favorite series because 1) it starts off as kind of a mystery in a way that needs to be solved and 2) because I love anything to do with the supernatural world, especially in book form.

If any fellow classmates can suggest some books in this genre or in this genre for young adults, it would be greatly appreciated!
Mary Seville
No broom

Post by Mary Seville »

There's so many book series that I enjoy. I love HP obviously, and when I was younger I loved the mystery series the Hardy Boys. I also love anything by Rick Riordan
Celeste Farhorn
No broom

Post by Celeste Farhorn »

My favourite book series are The Dark Tower novels by Stephen King. Though I have only read them once through, they are by far the best novels I have read due to the sheer emotional connections you build with the characters while reading the series. Starting off the immense journey with The Gunslinger, we see across seven books, the journey of Roland Deschain, the world's last remaining gunslinger. To me, the novels are brilliant because they span multiple genres such as Western, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror. Another thing that I find really decent of Stephen King is that while writing them, he gives several hints to JK Rowling's most known series. With weapons such as Sneeches, which are little golden homing balls that fly through the air and explode on impact, killing one instantaneously, he also gave a shout towards JKR herself with references such as a character Jake Chamber's saying '"Check out the crate lid" Jake said when they joined her, Susannah had set it aside; Jake picked it up and was studying it with admiration. It showed the face of a smiling boy with a lightening-bolt scar on his forehead. He was wearing round glasses and brandishing what appeared to be some kind of wooden stick.' That is just one of many nods to JKR that King gives the author, and while it isn't really a reason why the books are my favourite because there are too many to even begin to bore you all with, it's something I find really interesting and unique.
./~Celeste~/.
Elette de Biville
No broom

Post by Elette de Biville »

Hello everyone))
My favorite book series is definetely HP. But I also like LOTR and GoT. Could you recommend for me another good stories? :)
Thanks and have a nice day.
EdB
Elette de Beville
Nivek Skytook
No broom

Post by Nivek Skytook »

Just throwing out a few series that I've loved over the years:

Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
Realm of the Elderlings by Robin Hobb
The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie
The Expanse books by James SA Corey
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
Mars Huffle
No broom

Post by Mars Huffle »

I really enjoy Kingdom Keepers!
Daffodil Harbourshire
No broom

Post by Daffodil Harbourshire »

My favourite would have to be RES or Harry Potter!
Kista Emore
No broom

Post by Kista Emore »

The red queen series is fantastic it's got action and romance.
Septima Lestrange
No broom

Post by Septima Lestrange »

Favorite is always so hard for me because I like so many things, but right now I have been diving into the Path of the Eldar series by Gav Thorpe in the Warhammer 40k universe and I'm absolutely in love. Granted I haven't read the 3rd yet (it's only a trilogy) but it's really opened me up to a whole new univers! :wub:
Kaelyn McGhie
No broom

Post by Kaelyn McGhie »

Shadowhunters by Cassandra Clare!

Return to “Book Talk”