Ella Enchanted
Wheel of the World
All of Anne Mcaffrey's books
the Gossip series-kudos to Neha Issar]
Inkheart
Eragon
Harry Potter
anything by Sarah Dessen

and my favorite author is tamora pierce and just a quick not to Tarma Black, the character of Daine is spelled like my name, not like Dane. Thanks /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Last edited by Daine Sarrasri on Mon May 30, 2005 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Daine
Nothing applies to me!-SwD

Tags:
Emerald Tippet
No broom

Post by Emerald Tippet »

Alright the best ever ever books are by Robin Hobb. They're a little harder read but if your into fantasy then these are your books. They're just like harry potter in the fact you can't put them down!

So have to read trilogies are:
The Farseers
The Tawny Man
Liveship Traders

It's awsome also because they all connect in some way so if you read each trilogy you'll be like whoa! This is amazing!
Image Also known as: Jacenta
Order your Siggy @ the Sig N' Av Palace! (WWW)!
> Custom made sigs, avs, banners for free!! Learn how to make graphics yourself! :)
Phoenix Lumen
No broom

Post by Phoenix Lumen »

In no particular order, I think the best books are:

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Laurell K. Hamilton
Archer's Goon: Diana Wynne Jones
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Lost Slayer : Christopher Golden
The Gatekeeper Trilogy : Christopher Golden & Nancy Holder
Harry Potter: J.K. Rowling
Lord of the Rings Trilogy: J.R.R. Tolkien
Last edited by Phoenix Lumen on Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naomi Tonks
No broom

Post by Naomi Tonks »

Well without a doubt I love Harry Potter the most. After that would come the series of unfortunate events, which they have made a movie of with Jim Carrey as the older boy. . .how odd. I'm always up for anything that has to do with magic or magical history or mythology of somesort. I'm also into medieval books. Also, a few weeks ago I noticed a book that reminded me greatly of Harry Potter. It's the Charlie Bone series. Its about a boy who discovers a power within himself and has to move into a private school where he can only come home on weekends. each book is one semester long.
I suppose the Lord of the Rings series isn't so bad either. but the first one is quite boring. The Hobbit is really good though.
"Ma, I gotta tell ya that without a doubt I get my best dancing lessons from you. You're the one who taught me how to twist and shout because you shout nonstop and you're so twisted, too! Woh-oh-oh-oh!" ~Penny Pingleton from the hit musical Hairspray.

Luv to all,
Naomi Tonks
Mia Phoenixfeather
No broom

Post by Mia Phoenixfeather »

Sima Wolfaxe wrote:And hundreds of others which I was just too lazy to write down... *grin*
(And I think that I have to admit that I somehow only managed to read the first page of The Lord of the Rings... And when I saw so many of you mentioning it as your favourite I realized I have to try to read it again... After I pass my OWLs of course)
LOL Sima! I had the same problem for so long until I finally managed to summon the willpower and read The Fellowship of the Ring. I haven't been able to even open the Two Towers yet though. It really was an amazing book with a great plot and excellent characters but I really didn't like the style of writing. I found it to be a bit... boring. *ducks as all the LOTR fans throw tomatos at her* This is the only book series I seriously think was better in movie form.

In no particular order:
the Animorphs series by K.A Applegate(1-54, + the Megamorphs + the Hork Bajir, Andalite and Elimist Chronicles)
Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Remember Me by Christopher Pike
Fall into Darkness by Christopher Pike
Chain Letter by Christopher Pike
The Witches by Roald Dahl
Wayside School books by Louis Sachar
Holes by Louis Sachar
Dog's Can't Tell Jokes by Louis Sachar
Stupid White Men by Michael Moore
The Green Mile by Stephen King

and of course...The Harry Potter series /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I think that's enough for now... I guess I have a pretty immature reading style, lol. I'm determined not to grow up till I absolutely have to. *nods and takes out another Louis Sachar book*

~mia
Last edited by Mia Phoenixfeather on Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ * Mia - Gryffindor Lioness * ~
'Goodnight Moon' Banned for Encouraging Children to Communicate With Furniture.
Ella Dowling
No broom

Post by Ella Dowling »

-The Sight by David Clement-Davies
-Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies
-The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
-The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
-Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
-The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
-Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce {series}
-The Circle of Magic by Tamora Pierce {series}
-The Circle Opens by Tamora Pierce {series}

And, Sima, The Four Noble Truths..*nods* I'm Buddhist, too *stops discussion there* =P

There are many more, but I have a town meeting to go to right now, so I might edit later.

-Ella

EDITed to add more /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
Last edited by Ella Dowling on Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
::el378::

Taia is my angel.
Brittany Halbrook
No broom

Post by Brittany Halbrook »

*LOTR
*Eragon
*Harry Potter
*So You Want To Be A Wizard series?
*A Spell for Chameleon
*Philip Pullman books
*Book of Inponderables
*Tomora Pierce series

just off the top of my head of corse...
^made at Hogsmeade ID shop^
Brittany Halbrook l br482 l Gryffindor l third year l Safari Den l Tent Three l PPC Member l Gryffindor Drama Club l Pensieve staff reporter l Gryffindor Awards Committee
Fidget Black
No broom

Post by Fidget Black »

Harry Potter | J.K. Rowling [of course]
The Pact | Jodi Piltcoult
The Scribbler of Dreams | M .E. Mc Pheason (I think)
Gentlehands | M.E. Kerr
The Wind Blows Backwards | Mary Downing Hahn
She Said Yes | Misty Bernall
Rachel's Tears | Darrell Scott
Live like a Jesus Freak | DC Talk
Cut | ???
LAbiryth | ?? (Its about the murders of Tupac and Biggie)
Someone Like You | Sarah Dessen
This Lullaby | Sarah Dessen
Give a boy a gun | ???
Gravitation Manga series | Maki Murakami
FLCL Manga series | Gainax/ Hajme Ueda
The Ring Manga series | Misao Inagaki

And like a bajillion more I can't remember to type!
|| Avid R/Hr Shipper || Fanfic Writer || Voldemort isn't evil, he just has intimacy issues. || 'You call yourself a repairman?' 'No. I call myself a Republican.'
Tiffany Styles
No broom

Post by Tiffany Styles »

I enjoy reading and have many favorite books. Here are a few...

Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling

To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee

Anne Frank and Me - Cherie Bennett and Jeff Gottesfeld

Charlotte's Web - E.B. White

Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis

and any book by Jack Higgins
Tiffany Styles
Hemolele Hurley
No broom

Post by Hemolele Hurley »

My favorite books are:

Harry Potter - JKR

Lord Of The Rings - JRR Tolkien

T-Witches - (forgot name)

Daughters of the Moon - Lynne Ewing (it's an okay book)

~Hemo~
Jonathan Rico
No broom

Post by Jonathan Rico »

Well I dont read as much as oftenly but I try. My favorite books would have to be the following:

Slam
The Hatchet
and...
Harry Potter #5 <--- The fifth one was of course my favorite I keep on loving them every single time. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Last edited by Jonathan Rico on Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Rico | jo413 | Gryffindor
Thank you for the borderline amazing avatar, Taelin!
Elizabeth Myst
No broom

Post by Elizabeth Myst »

My favorite books are:

The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King
Naked Lunch by William Burroughs
and White Oleander by Janet Fitch.

Sure, I love Harry Potter and LoTR like a lot of people, but these books seriously had an impact on me and my life. And as corny as that sounds, books really can change your life.

Agent Z--Elizabeth Myst--el079-- Gryffindor*
---;@
Lilly Alessa Lupin
No broom

Post by Lilly Alessa Lupin »

I love reading books. Books are the gates to another world. I can't imagine anything better than sitting on a big cushy armchair, drinking a mug of hot chocolate and reading a book that opens you this gate to your own world.

Well, there are indeed so many books I've read and so many I loved that I cannot list them all. But I try to find my most favourite ones.

First of all I love the complete Harry Potter series (whereas PoA is my most favourite one /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />). Then there is LOTR, The Neverending Story, Die Brüder Löwenherz, Shakespeare in general, Hesse also in general /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, Star Trek books and so on.
I read Inkheart by Cornelia Funke recently. It's a really brilliant book. I can highly recommend it to you.

"Books have to be heavy because the whole world's inside them."
Lilly Alessa Lupin
Hufflepuff 2nd year
Wand: 9 inches, Oak, Unicorn hair

"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them."
Irene McIntosh

Post by Irene McIntosh »

my favorite books will have to be...

The Supernaturalist

all three
Artemis Fowl books
The Wish List
Harry Potter 4-5

there ya go! if you haven't read them, I really suggest that you do!
James Chigusa

Post by James Chigusa »

Books, something I always carry in my hand when im not at the arcade or at home. Here are my two favorites:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: the best in the series, in my opinion anyway, the plot has some much detail, and is great. It makes us question Harry's past, and his bloodline.

Battle Royale: You probably never heard of this, and thats ok. Google it for more info if you want. I think its a horrible, yet good plot. It makes us question the trust we can put into our friends and enemies in a dire situtuation. Also, makes us question what we would do in the partticula situation.
Talim Sorel

Post by Talim Sorel »

Oh come on people!

!!!!!!!ERAGON!!!! that's the best book EVER!
then would have to follow:

Cirque du Freak
The Edge Chronicles
The Series of Unfortunate Events
Harry Potter
Lord of the Rings
DAUGHTERS OF THE MOON <<< (actually I prefer that to Eragon...)

EDIT: Added Daughters of the Moon
Last edited by Talim Sorel on Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dusk Sathien

Post by Dusk Sathien »

I love - and have re-re-re-reread about 20 times - the following books:

The Da Vinci Code: Dan Brown:Possibly the best book I've ever read. I couldn't put it down because it was just so..... I don't know - it moved at breakneck speed and it had so much symbology and art history and I adore that kind of thing. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind a bit of religious contriversy.

The secret life of bees: What I loved about this book was that it was such a bright book (for the most part), and it ended happily. It's one of those books that you put down with a real feeling of satisfaction.

1984: George Orwell: Without getting too political here, I'll just say that the book pertains so much to our times and that George Orwell is a literary genius who can scare the heck out of you with his farfetched yet ironically realistic thoughts and notions.

The Queen's Fool & The Other Boleyn Girl: Phillippa Gregory I love books with scandal in them - and these two are mildly based on factual history which makes them all the more interesting.

Won't bother saying the HP series /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Love
Dusk
Rachel Cherokee
No broom

Post by Rachel Cherokee »

The Harry Potter Series - JK Rowling
The Giver- Lois Lowry
The Silent Boy- Lois Lowry
Goodnight Mister Tom- (I forgot the author's name)
To Kill A Mockingbird- Harper Lee
The Wish List
The Lord of The Rings- JRR Tolkein
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow.
Sometimes our choices are made for us.
And sometimes, we have no choice at all.
Ami Silentio

Post by Ami Silentio »

Favorite book eh? That's kinda hard...I love alot of Mercedes Lackey, but my favorite from her would have to be The Black Swan.

I'm also obsessed with the Harry Potter books by J K Rowling, but Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban is my all time favorite. /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />
Arasier White

Post by Arasier White »

OMG i totally agree Talim Sorel.
ERAGON is the BEST book in the world

Other than that it would have to be:
*The Edge Chronicles
*Cirque Du Freak
*Harry Potter
*The Hobbit
*The Song of the Lioness
*The Immortals
*Protector of the Small