How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Ryouko Palma
Silver Arrow

Post by Ryouko Palma »

I probably read at least one book a week, it's only when school gets in the way that I can't find the time to read. Actually, it turns out that I had checked out one book every two days (on average) from my school library for a period of two year! The only problem I am having now is actually finding books to read that I haven't read! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Ryouko Palma
First Year
Ravenclaw

Tags:
Prof. Opal Curare
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Opal Curare »

Thats lame that school books dont count, because we read ten this year in AP Literature alone. Good books too, like Catcher in the Rye. But anyways... Not counting school, I probably read about 1-2 a week, depending on if I'm letting myself read cheesy easy books, or if they're actually books of "Literary Merit", as Mrs. Miller would say... Over an entire year, easily 50 books, outside of school. The library is my friend... =D

"A single sunbeam is enough to chase away many shadows."
"Always."
Morag McQueen
No broom

Post by Morag McQueen »

You want me to count? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
When I'm not in the middle of RL exams I get through 3-5 books a week.
When it's a book as good as the HP books I just can't stop reading. I read the 5th HP in a night (I'm not joking, I went to bed around 8.30 and didn't put the book down until i was finished)
Not to worry though, it's not the only thing I ever do /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
Many Thanks to the wonderful Efie from SparkleissaInk for both Signature and Avatar.
Lilly Weasley
No broom

Post by Lilly Weasley »

I haven't counted but in one week I read three books so I'm guessing I read a lot in a year!
Morgana Mud
No broom

Post by Morgana Mud »

Wow, I feel....lame. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You know, back 4 years ago or so, I was probably reading about 25 books a year or so. I had the time to, and I didn't mind spending my lunch period at school alone in the band room reading a book instead of talking to friends. (sounds sad now, but I like to think I was the cool one /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />) Now, I definitely fall into the 7-10, and it's probably closer to 7 on average. In college, I just don't find the time like I used to. When I have an hour break, I'm in work study or I'm napping. When I eat, I'm spending as much time with boyfriend as possible. At night's I'm catching up with friends and doing homework. Looking at these stats is definitely a kick in the butt though....I think I'm going to make a larger effort this year to make time for reading more books! It's a part of my past I definitely miss!
Morgana Mud | mo800 | Ravenclaw First Year

"Ah music....a magic beyond all we do here." -Albus Dumbledore
Jesse LeFay
Oakshaft 79
Location: Slytherin, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe

Post by Jesse LeFay »

I have no idea. IO love reading books that are worth it, especially as a kid when I couldn't go out and was all alone in the house...I read, like, at least 3 books a week....so yeah, god knows how much that adds up to in a year....
Memento Mori
unus putesco slytherins regnum munduso
*Love is nothing but an Illusion*
~*SLYTHERIN PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE!!!*~
~*Credits to Camille Ritter for the lovely siggy above*~
Sofia Maat
No broom

Post by Sofia Maat »

Due to the fact that I love reading and being in the library, I read quite a lot, but I must say that I read mostly in the summer time, because for me the school is always on the first place /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
I would love to read more, but I spend almost all day at school.
During the summer holidays I usually read at least 3 books a week, and as I have almost three months of holidays this year I would say I will probably read around 30 books - mainly fantasy (HP - for the 2nd time, Artemis Fowl, The Chronicals of Narnia and this sort of books /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

PS: When I travel (and I do it quite a lot /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />) I always go to the bookstore, and I have to say that this is one of the most important things, when thinking weather I liked the country or not /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Cassey Duareiiy
No broom

Post by Cassey Duareiiy »

Any book except school book? So much ... Especially comic.. I read at least 5 comics/week. Heeee... But novel, I just read it in my holiday. Maybe just 2-3/year. More, if I get a really interesting novel which can make me forget my school (^o^)/
Spell it!! My name is --K-see*Jyuu-a-Re-- \(^o^)/ !!
BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE
Sylvia Laywn
No broom

Post by Sylvia Laywn »

Do you really want me to count?
When I'm in school I read about one book every week, so that would be 36 books during school year. And during holidays I read about 3 books in a week, so it would be 36. So in a year I read about 72 books.
Mmm... let's make it 65, since I don't spend my whole life reading /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

There ^^
Last edited by Sylvia Laywn on Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ravenclaw.
First year.
Emily Aca
No broom

Post by Emily Aca »

Well, since i'm in school it keeps me so busy and not enough time to relax, sit down, and read! But I do have requirements! If it wasn't for the school book requirements, I would still read! I love to read. But I do read a book or 2 a month.
~AWESOME TOPIC~
Shoot for the moon, but REACH for the stars.

Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.

When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.

MUSIC&MOVIE LOVER... you've been warned!
Cliodna Bladvak
No broom

Post by Cliodna Bladvak »

I didn't know how many books I was read in a year. I really liked read.
Possibly, I read about 20 books a year and sometimes I always repeated to read all.
I'm angel of love, sometimes people call me CUPID
But 'cause often make a wrong, they call me a STUPID angel
Lenore Spiaggi
No broom

Post by Lenore Spiaggi »

I read all the time I can get away with it. I carry reading material in all my bags and take advantage of bus and train rides, or queues anywhere. I go easily through a couple of dozen books a year, let alone the magazines. (Don't snicker. Not all periodical press is fluff. There ARE magazines that you actually study instead of just reading.)
"They say you are a witch." "They lie; I am a cunning woman."
Ayahzy Nahki
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ayahzy Nahki »

I read way more than the average person. I read about 200-300 books per year. I can't help it. What with the library, and there's about 3000 books in my house. I'm running out of shelves!
Ayahzy Nahki|ay801|RQT|MiniMaya
Siggy by the fabulous Cassie Lobiesk <3
Jade Clapham
No broom

Post by Jade Clapham »

Oh well, when I was like in 1st grade or so, I read at least 100 books per year, because every time me and my dad (my mom is not so into reading) went to the library, I borrowed 10 books each time, and we went there like once a month. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />D

But now I read maybe 3-4 books per month. Depends on how's school, is there lots of tests or do I need to study more for some other reason. And also what kind of books they are, if they have 400 pages or stuff like that, it takes more time to read them, but books with only couple of hundred pages (usually they are "teenager books") can be read in few hours. So per year I read maybe 40 books.
Prof. Danya Amaritu
No broom

Post by Prof. Danya Amaritu »

I spend half of my salary to buy books every month. I enjoy reading anything... Biography, Geography, Plants, Religion, Psychology, Marketing, Computer, etc... etc...

I can be losing my mind if i'm in a bookstore. Bookstore is my seond home.
Emilor MacKinnon
No broom

Post by Emilor MacKinnon »

Books? They're an even better invention than the wheel! I'm an only child of a single parent, who moved A LOT when I was a child! She was a reader, I was a reader (I was reading before I was five). I once counted and in the first 12 years of school (not counting university) I went to 9 different schools! When you're the new kid, a book can be your best friend. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I have a business and two small children and a computer now, but I still manage to get through two to three books a week!
After reading the testimonies of so many other holers, I think this poll should have started at 10 per year, and just gone up from there! Maybe the upper level should have been 50+? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Persephone Farnon
No broom

Post by Persephone Farnon »

I'm a librarian in RL, so I'm always reading!
Olivia Charm
Oakshaft 79

Post by Olivia Charm »

I used to read two books a day, but now that i'm at the 10th grade (in Israel, this is the first year of high school) i really don't have the time to read as much as i would like.
I'll have to say that i'm reading 4 books in a week (two in hebrew, two in english)
Giroro, Gilbert & Glimfeather - love forever!
Bev Grey
No broom

Post by Bev Grey »

I read alot of books... at least one a week

"I'd Rather Be Hated For Who I Am Then Loved For Who I Am Not"
Evangeline McDowell
No broom

Post by Evangeline McDowell »

Lets see I try each year to out do myself in how many pages I read a year, last year i read 16,345 and this year I have read 19, 876 pages so next year which begins in 2 days I'm hoping to read over 20,000. I also read about 1-2 books a day or more, it depends.

Return to “Book Talk”