White Noise

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

White Noise

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

Hello everyone! So, I have always had a problem with sleeping whether that involves falling to sleep or staying asleep. I decided to do an experiment last month and started listening to White Noise before going to bed. I still have good days and bad days but I do enjoy listening to it as I fall asleep.

Do you have any experience listening to white noise? Do you have a favorite sounds to listen to?

Currently, I am addicted to tropical rain forest sounds and rain sounds.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:

Tags:
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Re: White Noise

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

For years, I've gone to sleep to the sound of distant thunderstorms. My mum has an ancient white noise machine with a range of watery sounds that I've pretty much stolen as it now lives in my room. The storms setting is the only one I really find restful: the ocean is too intrusive, the babbling stream and rainfall are too loud and repetitive. The storm setting is soft and it has a slow rhythm to it.

I can easily sleep without it and I didn't take it to university with me but it's still part of my nightly routine to turn it on. So maybe it helps. It certainly helped break me of the habit of going to sleep with an audio book playing that I got into when I spent a lot of time in hospital (trust me, that does not make for restful sleep).
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Music Talk”