Holiday Music in December

Music Discussions Go Here
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Holiday Music in December

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:02 am

Hello everyone! I can't believe we have already entered the month of December! Time is just flying by.

I know that HOL is world wide so I am interested in seeing do you have any holiday songs that you have to listen to when you celebrate the holidays?

For me, I live in the USA, so we celebrate Christmas. As my husband will tell you, I am NOT happy unless I hear I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas and You're a Mean one Mr. Grinch in December. I may be a full grown adult but I still wouldn't mind a Hippopotamus myself lol.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Re: Holiday Music in December

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:14 am

Every year I like to listen to three songs. These are "This Christmas (I'll burn it down)", "Santa Claws", and "I won't be home for Christmas."
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Re: Holiday Music in December

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Though my family doesn't always observe Chanukah, I love listening to (and even singing, though only as part of a group) two of the Hebrew songs associated with lighting the candles: Haneirot Halalu (roughly translated as "Those Candles") and Maoz Tzur ("Stronghold of Rock"). In fact, these are some of my overall favourite Hebrew songs associated with the various festivals. I enjoy these songs not necessarily for their meaning, but rather the sound, emotion and vibrance of them (although this does depend on the tune).

When I was much younger, I really liked the Chanukah song Sevivon ("Dreidel" / "Spinning Top"). The catchy upbeat tune was hard to resist and, after listening to it a short while ago, the first stanza is now stuck in my head.

Return to “Music Talk”