How Do You Enjoy Your Music?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

How Do You Enjoy Your Music?

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

There are many different ways to listen to music in today's world. Cassettes still exist as does vinyl. There are CDs, iTunes, YouTube, Spotify, the radio, Pandora, and probably more that I'm not even thinking of right now. I have a variety of ways that I listen in depending on what I'm doing at that particular time.

When I'm in the car driving, I have a basic radio, and I'll turn it on a classical station. Every now and then I'll switch over to pop hits, but that's rare. When I'm at home and I'm listening to music, I generally use YouTube and have it playing in the background with a playlist that I've put together. That playlist also changes every month or two.

I know people that will walk around campus with their iPods and earbuds in listening to music and others that have it at full volume on their phones for everyone to hear as their passing by. As for me, I'll download certain songs from the app store onto my phone and listen to those while I'm on campus between classes or going on nature walks at the nearby gardens.

What's your favorite way to enjoy your music, or which way do you tend to use the most?
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Tags:
Patrick James
Oakshaft 79

Re: How Do You Enjoy Your Music?

Post by Patrick James »

I love listening to music on my phone, besides the river by my university's campus, with a cup of coffee. I zone out completely during this time, just enjoying the nature, the music, and the coffee of course! ^_^

Another way I enjoy my music is when I play along on my guitar. It also helps me de-stress as I feel one with the music and my playing.
Patrick James | Fifth Year 
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

My favorite was is vinyl when I was around record players. In High school our school library had record players and still had vinyls from the AV club in the 80s so thats were i went every free period.But now it's playlist on Pandora or youtube.
Image RQT 2017/18
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

I listen to music on my Kindle or on my computer. I have Amazon Music Unlimited so I can listen to any and everything I can think of. I enjoy using a Kindle because it can go wherever I go and I can hook it up anywhere. It works great with syncing to my shower speaker or my SUV output.

Currently, my favorite way to listen to music is by putting on some nice waterfall or rainforest sounds as I mediate and light some incense. So peaceful and helps me distress after a long day or as a great way to start a day.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:

Return to “Music Talk”