What Music Did You Grow Up With?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Ciaran Drea
No broom

What Music Did You Grow Up With?

Post by Ciaran Drea »

Hola.

I was wondering.....when you were younger what music were you into? Or what music did you used to hear on the radio?

Well i grew up with the '90's music, and it's still my favourite. I love All Saints (I remember my sisters always playing that song, Never Ever XD)and The Spice Girls (Spice Up Your Life LOL) Britney Spears (I still think she's great) Savage Garden, And lots and lots of others.

So what did you like when you were younger? or who's music did you grow up with?

-Ciwi
The Sett <3333333333333333333333333333333

As you may have noticed, Hufflepuff rocks my socks.

Tags:
Isabella Wickham
No broom

Post by Isabella Wickham »

Well, I grew up in the 90's, so I had the Spice Girls, Britney Spears, B*Witched (who were my ultimate favourite band as a kid xD), S Club 7 and a load of other similar bands/artists to influence my music taste. However, on the other end, every time I got into the car I had rock from the 60's and 70's - The Who, Lynard Skynard, Pink Floyd etc - blasting out at me. These days, I'm more of an 'old' rock person, so my dad was successful in brainwashing me. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
Brenna Delaney
No broom

Post by Brenna Delaney »

I was a little strange when I was a kid. All I listened to was Classical and Golden Oldies/Classic Rock. They were the only kinds of music my parents could agree on, and they still had very different tastes as far as the stuff from their generation was concerned. Dad was the Cream and The Who sort, while Mom liked Neil Diamond and Cat Stevens. Me, I went for early Beatles and stuff from the 50's.
Alexia Crowning
No broom

Post by Alexia Crowning »

I'm an 80's girl. Big hair bands, madonna, prince. I can't stand listening the Def Leppard anymore but I'll still listen to Prince any day.
Prof. Iruel Riddle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Iruel Riddle »

When I was younger, I really didn't have a musical preference. I listened to whatever my parents were playing on the radio. ^^;(Oldies and soft rock)
I still like both of those, though my taste in music has definately expanded. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Prof. Iruel Riddle|pr_rid|Slytherin

"You know your place in the sky
You hold your course and your aim
And, each in your season returns and returns, and is always the same.."
-Javert, Stars, Les Miserables
Caroline West
No broom

Post by Caroline West »

I pretty much grew up listening to Paul Simon and the Beatles' White Album, but I also like Spice Girls (of course!) and Destiny's Child /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Hazel Kaprano
No broom

Post by Hazel Kaprano »

As far as I can remember, I used to listen to my dad's country music. I don't listen to that much country music anymore though. I also listened to N*Sync, The Backstreet Boys, and Britney Spears, all of which I was crazy about until I grew older.
Hazel Kaprano | Ravenclaw
Samantha Wanzo
No broom

Post by Samantha Wanzo »

YAY! Music!

Believe it or not I loooooooooove my OG's from back in the day. I mean Frank Sinatra *heart starts pumping fast* I Love his song "Night & Day". I got a collection worth. My Rat Pack cd is by far one of my coolest cd's. <333 People think I'm a bit odd because I know barely any of the new aged artists out there. I heard of Ciara and that guy with the annoying voice "you're beautiful... beautiful its trueeeeeeee" I dunno I mean to be it sounds like hes barely hitting puberty. =/ Other than that if you asked me about a song thats on the radio I'd be like "whaaaaaaaaat? Nevah heard of it!"

FRANK SINATA ON THE OTHERHAND! Total Heart throb STILL! I wish he was still around =(

"You're a smuck...baby" -Frank Sinatra.

*In Love*
|Samantha Wanzo|Image|3rd Year|Sa311|
Bri Kelley
No broom

Post by Bri Kelley »

i grew up on def leppard, metallica, poison, guns 'n' roses, styx, the eagles, and queen
i heart them still to this day
Kymberli Evans
No broom

Post by Kymberli Evans »

I grew up on 80s rock. especially AC/DC ( I come from the same city in Australia as them)
and a band called live. they were my mothers favorite band. I listen to the music even now /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Lucia Granger
No broom

Post by Lucia Granger »

I grew up listening to '90s music, though I never got around to listening to country or rock untill the end of the '90s. I pretty much listened to Classical and Micheal Card(and other 90s christian singers). Now I'm listening to Hard Rock, Rock, Country, and Pop.
Life is music, play it louder

don't close your eyes, this is your life

Hari and Fiona Granger's little sis, Lucia.
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

Up until the last couple of years, pop music. I started in about 1998 with Britney Spears and *NSYNC and stayed with that music (even a bit now) until very recently.
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Dawn Daray
No broom

Post by Dawn Daray »

I was a 90s kid.

I was like, totally obsessed with the Spice Girls. (there still pretty cool)

I was also in love with Nsync...Britney Spears...B*witched...
Dawn Daray.
Hufflepuff Pride!
As Pina
No broom

Post by As Pina »

I am a 90's kid
spice girls, britney spears, s club 7 ....
Alexandria Faethorne
No broom

Post by Alexandria Faethorne »

70's, 80's, and 90's. The 70's mainly because someone who used to be in my life was a fan of classic rock and had me listening to a lot of the 70's classic rock music, which now I am a fan of as well. 80's because I was born in the 80's and 90's because I was growing up in the 90's. All very good era's of music, very hard to find that kind of music these days which is a shame.

May Lee
No broom

Post by May Lee »

I grew up on 80's songs, like Bon Jovi, U2, Elthon John...
>> Burn the evils of the world with brilliant truth <<
Lucia Kumquat
No broom

Post by Lucia Kumquat »

I grew up in the 90's, but I was raised on 50's and 60's music.
Deborah Carrows
No broom

Post by Deborah Carrows »

Little six year old me, ran around my house.. once upon a time.
Geared out, from head to toe in Spice Girls Clothes... *cringes*

Need I say more?! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Proud member of the Sytherin house

Extreamly Dangerous in the Potions Classroom
Vaynard Kent
No broom

Post by Vaynard Kent »

I grew up in the 80's...
Though i don't know much about 80's bands or songs /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Julian Bryant
No broom

Post by Julian Bryant »

My stories pretty weird but I grew up listening to ACDC( I was born in 1992) when I was still in my carseat, and then when I was around six years old, my parents got a divorce and I was stuck living with my mom most of the time due that my dad worked day shift(that another story) and so I was shifted into a world of Pop Music, and my years as a child I was listening to crap like Backstreet Boys and Nsync and 98 degrees(another longer story) but then when I turned ten, I moved back with my dad and I was turned on to Metallica and Iron Maiden and soon I went into a 60's-70's phase and really started to get into Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page selling his soul to the devil and stuff like that. I remember buying a old turn table and playing Zeppelin records backwards and my Beatle records backwards also. Though I can't say much has changed rather that I'm not stuck on a certain band or era, though more or lately I have taken a liking to Danzig and Nirvana for some reason.
Last edited by Julian Bryant on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Talk”