Favorite Type Of Music

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Sylvia Laywn
No broom

Post by Sylvia Laywn »

I listen to almost everything, but my favorite is rock.

Ravenclaw.
First year.

Tags:
Amanda Patel
No broom

Post by Amanda Patel »

My favorite type of music has to be rock (first and foremost), but I also enjoy some classical, oldies, and R&B (the original kind, like Blues Brothers sort of kind).
Otis B. Driftwood: It's all right, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause.
Fiorello: You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Claus!
-A Night at the Opera
Samantha Clearwater
No broom

Post by Samantha Clearwater »

It wasn't on the list but my favorite kind of music is County Western. It just talks to me. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I voted for other.
Pika Psych
No broom

Post by Pika Psych »

Actually, I don't have a specific type of genre that I like. I love all sorts of genre. Just as long as the song is nice to listen too. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Pop, Rock, Reggae, Dance, Classical, practically anything. So if any of you have any nice songs that you think I might love. Please inform me. Thank you.
Samantha Wanzo
No broom

Post by Samantha Wanzo »

Swing. Big Band. Orcastra. Gospel. Jazz. Easy Listening. The Works.
|Samantha Wanzo|Image|3rd Year|Sa311|
Shay White
No broom

Post by Shay White »

My Fav Type Is Almost Anything From Destin'ys Child. They Inspired Me To Sing
Lenore Spiaggi
No broom

Post by Lenore Spiaggi »

I listen to a lot of different things; I tend to go about disliking particular artists rather than whole musical genres. I'm a rock/heavy metal girl first, but I enjoy Celtic and classical music just as much. I think the one thing that some musical act has to have for me to like it is a gorgeous voice in the foreground. People like Geoff Tate, Jansi Kursch, James LaBrie, Loreena McKennitt, Kate Bush, Amy Lee...
"They say you are a witch." "They lie; I am a cunning woman."
Ciaran Drea
No broom

Post by Ciaran Drea »

Well i like lots of music really, But some types bug me, such as Rock, i think it's over rated, and Metal, which i don't see as music at all. But thats just my opinion xD Soo... I like Pop, R'n'B (All Saints!! <333333333333333333) Ragge, Soul and a few others.I reallt like Nelly Furtardo (sp?) Justin Timberlake, the Corrs, All Saints, and Beyonce cause she's so good at proforming/singing, really she's one of music's legends of now. I just think that anyone could go and shout in a mic... no?

-Ciwi
The Sett <3333333333333333333333333333333

As you may have noticed, Hufflepuff rocks my socks.
Merry Notters
Oakshaft 79

Post by Merry Notters »

My favorite genre of music is rock.
Last edited by Merry Notters on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scyldings Renata
No broom

Post by Scyldings Renata »

My favorite type of music is Rock but lately I have been listening Some Anime Soundtracks. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Bev Grey
No broom

Post by Bev Grey »

I am really into all types of music not just one.... It would really depend on my mood

"I'd Rather Be Hated For Who I Am Then Loved For Who I Am Not"
Yulizar Riddle
No broom

Post by Yulizar Riddle »

go ROCK........
Izzy Hudson
No broom

Post by Izzy Hudson »

It kind of annoys me when people just say they like "rock", 'cause in my opinion, the genre goes so much deeper than that.

There are so many subgenres; punk, metal, grunge, classic rock, emo, etc.

I think my favorite overall genre is metal (particularly of the 'hair metal' variety >D) but I also like a lot of classic punk bands like the Clash and the [censored by McNish] Pistols.

I'm pretty flexible.
funny how everything was roses when we held onto the guns<33
Katherine Riddle
No broom

Post by Katherine Riddle »

I love classical, Christian, and country, but Irish and Scottish music is still my favorite. There are so many types--dancing music, marching music, ballads, drinking songs, sad lyrical pieces--that are all so touching. Unfortunately, there is only one radio station from Ireland that broadcasts them on the internet so people in other places can hear them.

Classical is lovely, and very relaxing. It is wonderful for listening to when I want to think for a while or write.

Country is what I listen to when I'm driving most of the time because I love the songs, same as with Irish music. Country is actually derived from bluegrass, which came from the Irish music that was brought to America by Irish settlers, so it has the same types of subcategories.

I have always loved the old hymns, and even though I like a lot of the newer Christian songs, the hymns are still my favorites. They have a power and a belief that so little music has today.

~Katherine
Nassa Dikaios
No broom

Post by Nassa Dikaios »

That was hard to choose! I listen to pretty much everything, except rap/hip hop and pop punk. Since I could only pick one, I went with jazz.
“Once bitten by a snake, a person is scared all their
life at the mere sight of a rope.â€￾~Chinese Proverb
Jenna Hathaway
Oakshaft 79

Post by Jenna Hathaway »

Mostly pop. Though I do enjoy jazz too. Anything mellow and romantic.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Chloe Lamorte
No broom

Post by Chloe Lamorte »

I mostly listen to rock and metal but I'll sometimes listen to other types when I'm in the mood.
|Chloe Mae Savannah Lamorte|
Ad astra per aspera|To the stars through thorns|Latin Proverb
Clementine Stilts
No broom

Post by Clementine Stilts »

I like a lot of electronic music, techno, or dance. My brother actually makes electronic music and has a couple of cd's. It's pretty cool. Below all that I guess I like just normal rock music:

The Beatles
The Who
Blur
Green Day
Rolling Stones

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> All good, all good....
Annastasia Bee
No broom

Post by Annastasia Bee »

I love dance music and all the way. My favorite music of all times.
Last edited by Annastasia Bee on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig and Avi made by little old me.Audere est facere - To dare is to do.
Akil Thutmose
No broom

Post by Akil Thutmose »

I'm from the country and I like it that way!

I remember first becoming a huge country fan back when I was 7 or 8. It was the summer that Chatahoochee by Alan Jackson came out. I listened to that song every day and started enjoying some other songs by similar artists.

After country, I do like oldies, some pop, some rock. Gospel and Christian music isn't too bad either.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
"Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be!" -Eru Iluvatar, The Ainulindale, The Silmarillion

Return to “Music Talk”