Been To Any Concerts?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

Feels like it's time to update my list of concerts, as I've been to a few more by now. ^^

Hanson (Stockholm, Sweden 2005-04-13, the best one so far, I love them!)
Electric Banana Band (Örebro, Sweden 2005-08-28, outdoors, pretty good)
Plasma-Jet (Örebro, Sweden 2006-08-13, at NärCon, not the kind of music I listen to, but it was fun to see a "real japanese band" /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> )
BWO (Karlskoga, Sweden 2006-08-27, really great show)
Electric Banana Band (Örebro, Sweden 2007-01-27, indoors, it was fun ^^ )
Tokio Hotel (Hannover, Germany 2007-05-05, my favourite band except for Hanson, the show was amazing!)
Ramsells, Emilia, Niklas Wahlgren, Danny, Ola, BWO (Örebro, Sweden 2007-07-25, at Rix FM Festival, really fun even though I don't like all of them, and great weather /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> )

This weekend I'll see a couple more bands, and I plan to see Tokio Hotel again in October. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus

Tags:
Marguerite Davenport
No broom

Post by Marguerite Davenport »

I've been to a ton of concerts at my college, for groups like the Thornbirds. I've also seen Dream Theater once. ANd I've seen hanson 8,9 times.
Proud Member of the Sneer Squad & President of the Order of the Blanket
Proud D. A. MEMBER
Fifth-Year Slytherin Pure Blood

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
Amy Williams
No broom

Post by Amy Williams »

I've been to Kanye West it was really kewl. But the best was Jay-Z and Rihanna. I'm a big Jigga fan. I dunno why but I seem to miss all the rock concerts, except Avril Lavigne if you would call it rock. Fallout boy came and I missed it. That SUCKS! I'm gonna try and go to the next one that I hear about, whenever it is.
Evelina Hawthorne
No broom

Post by Evelina Hawthorne »

Um, my most recent concert experience was in March. I saw Ayabie [Japanese band]
Here's my list XD Japanese bands first.
Dir en grey - 4 times, in Chicago, camped out 24 hours give or take, '06, '07, '07, '08
D'espairsRay - once, in Chicago, camped out 20 hours, '08
MUCC - once, in Chicago, camped out 20 hours, '08
The Underneath - once, in Chicago, camped out 20 hours, '08

Coheed and Cambria - once, in Indianapolis, '07
Tiger Army - once, in Indianapolis, '07
Drop Dead Gorgeous - once, in Indianapolis, '07
Big D and the Kids Table - once, in Indianapolis, '07
Gallows - once, in Indianapolis, '07
The Toasters - once, in Indianapolis, '07
Kansas - once, in Bilouxi, '05
Less Than Jake - once, in Indianapolis, '03
Walls of Jericho - twice, Indianapolis '06/'08
36 Crazy Fists - once, in Indy '08 - crazy fun circle pit! My chin and left foot are bruised now! X3
Underoath - once, in Indy '08
Dragonforce - once, in Indy '08 - saw this hilarious/pretty guy flailing around on the lawn
Disturbed - once, in Indy '08
Slipknot - once, in Indy '08

aaand, the concerts I'm not really proud of

Good Charlotte - once, in Indianapolis, '03
New Found Glory - once, in Indianapolis, '03

Oh jeez, I've had so much fun going to the ones in Chicago! Once, the one with D'espairsRay, we almost died. @_@ It got down to -15 that night. We got there at 7:00 pm the day before so yeah, really really cold. Everyone thought we were crazy.
The second time with Dir en grey, I accidentally killed a rat. Hobos talked to us and liked us. XD And there was a legless guy in a wheelchair getting mugged by his caretaker. x_x
This last concert with Ayabie, apparently we became somewhat of a legend, because our friend who lives in Chicago told us that these girls heard of "those girls who always camp out" and they were going to try to beat us. Well, they didn't. XD And there was a hobo with a box of stale doughnuts who hung out with us. I swear he was slightly crazy.

funtimes

UPDATED! Recently went to the Mayhem festival.
Last edited by Evelina Hawthorne on Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ava Summers
No broom

Post by Ava Summers »

Hm, I've only been to a few but there a PLENTY I've wanted to go to (and some I've had the chance but couldnt go :( )

Just last month I went to see the Plain White T's (with Mae & the Kung Fu Girls), I've been to Kenny Chesney (with Sara Evans, Sugarland, Brooks & Dunn, and Pat Green) and also Avril Lavigne quite awhile ago (with Simple Plan & Gob). Tomorrow night I'm going to see Celine Dion (yay!) and next month I am going to see Sugarland again...

I really want to go to Boys Like Girls/Good Charlotte/Metro Station but I dont know if thats gonna happen... :(
|| Ava Summers || First Year || Ravenclaw || av818 ||
Lucas Yorkshire
No broom

Post by Lucas Yorkshire »

Hrm I went to Warped Tour '07 and '08 and I saw Metro Station and My American Heart this year. Not many shows but meh, oh well haha.
Lindsay Wilder
No broom

Post by Lindsay Wilder »

A couple of years ago I went to the Vans Warped Tour. It was totally crazy but super fun. :) In september I'm supposedly going to see Journey and Heart! I can't wait
Evelina Hawthorne
No broom

Post by Evelina Hawthorne »

Lindsay Wilder wrote:QUOTE (Lindsay Wilder @ Aug 13 2008, 02:49 PM) A couple of years ago I went to the Vans Warped Tour. It was totally crazy but super fun. :) In september I'm supposedly going to see Journey and Heart! I can't wait
JOURNEY?!!?!??!!??!?!?

NO WAY!

My Dad is going to see them without me! TT_TT When I heard they were touring, my heart almost exploded... but they're sold out so I can't. -_-

I hope you have fun though! ^0^ /
Nikki Walker
No broom

Post by Nikki Walker »

i saw more concerts last year, but...

cartel feat. boys like girls and cobra starship
saliva feat. crossfade and ligion
stone sour feat. lacuna coil, x-factor 1, and shadows fall
bullet for my valentine feat. the confession and head change
flyleaf feat. dropping daylight, skillet, and resident hero
BLITZ BASH feat. saliva, black light burns, drowning pool, the exies, this fires embrace
WARPED TOUR feat. (a whole HUUUUUGE lineup)
ozzfest feat. ozzy osbourne, lamb of god, in this moment, etcetc
family values tour feat. korn, evanescence, flyleaf and hell yeah

this year...
linkin park feat. coheed and cambria and chiodos
killswitch engage feat. everytime i die, dillinger escape plan, and parkway drive
nikki walker

poet of the month in poetry for beginners!

year three || ni408 || slytherin ||589 pts || the gamer slyth || promising student
Spencer Ferguson
No broom

Post by Spencer Ferguson »

I see everyone else like a LONG list of concerts they have attended. I have not gone to any concerts. I guess I never show any interest into going. Nothing against the artists or bands, I just watch their videos on television and listen to their music on the Internet or the radio. It's good to see others going out and being active.
Phillipa Bettencourt
No broom

Post by Phillipa Bettencourt »

I've never been to a concert before - I almost went to a Panic!At the Disco one, but I got sick, so I couldn't go. Nickel****'s supposed to be coming to my state in like a month or so, but I don't think I'm going to be able to go. X_X
ph826| Icon from Photobucket | Camilla Belle | Signature put together by me
Amora Kamili
No broom

Post by Amora Kamili »

I've been to two concerts.
the first one was Edgefest, which is hosted by my favourite radio station.
I don't remember all the bands but a few were
flyleaf
jimmy eat world
social distortion
Plain white tees
hot hot heat
obadiah parker (i think he's considered a local band....)
and some pretty good local bands.

The other concert was a Good Charlotte (favourite band), Metro Station, The Maine, and Boys Like Girls.
It was amazing.
Amora Kamili
first year

i heart cows!
Samantha Wanzo
No broom

Post by Samantha Wanzo »

I've only been to one REAL Concert and that was Alanis Moressette in the 5th grade haha! But The band Garbage opened for her so THAT was the only real thing worth it.
|Samantha Wanzo|Image|3rd Year|Sa311|
Garrett Loewens
No broom

Post by Garrett Loewens »

Samantha Wanzo wrote:QUOTE (Samantha Wanzo @ Mar 8 2009, 05:01 AM) I've only been to one REAL Concert and that was Alanis Moressette in the 5th grade haha! But The band Garbage opened for her so THAT was the only real thing worth it.

Really? I would have killed to see Alanis live! I love her =)

I have tickets to see Pink this upcoming tour. I'm super excited about that, I know it's gonna be amazing. She's such a great performer.
Garrett Loewens
No broom

Post by Garrett Loewens »

Has anyone heard of a guy named Jay Brannan? I just saw him in concert last week. He's definitely the singer/songwriter type but he puts on a really great show.
Morgan Maddock

Post by Morgan Maddock »

CONCERTS OF '07

i decided to keep track of all the concerts that i will be attending this year and ALL YEARS for posterity's sake. here it goes:
attended:

1. CARTEL feat. BOYS LIKE GIRLS, COBRA STARSHIP, PERMANENT ME on February 11th, 2007 at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, Ohio. Doors opened at 6pm.
2. SALIVA feat. CROSSFADE and LIGION on February 20, 2007 at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, Ohio. Doors opened at 7pm.
3. STONE SOUR feat. X-FACTOR 1, LACUNA COIL, and SHADOWS FALL on March 25th, 2007 at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion in Columbus, Ohio. Doors opened at 6pm.
4. FLYLEAF feat. DROPPING DAYLIGHT, SKILLET, and FAIR TO MIDLAND on April 11th, 2007 at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, Ohio. Doors "opened" at 6pm.
5. BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE feat. THE CONFESSION and HEAD CHANGE on May 5th, 2007 at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, Ohio. Doors opened at 6pm.
6. FLYLEAF feat. DROPPING DAYLIGHT, SKILLET, and RESIDENT HERO on June 19th, 2007 at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, Ohio. Doors opened at 6pm.
7. BLITZ BASH feat. SALIVA, BUCKCHERRY, DROWNING POOL, THE EXIES, BLACK LIGHT BURNS, BOBAFLEX and THIS FIRES EMBRACE on June 30th, 2007 at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion in Columbus, Ohio. Gates opened at 3:30pm.
8. WARPED TOUR on August 2nd, 2007 at Tower City Amphitheater in Cleveland, Ohio. Gates opened at 11am.
9. OZZFEST
10. FAMILY VALUES

CONCERTS OF ’08

1. Killswitch Engage feat. Everytime I Die, Dillinger Escape Plan, and Parkway Drive at The Lifestyle Communities Pavilion (The L.C.) on January 28th in Columbus, Ohio. Doors @ 6:30. Admission: 25$/ticket.
2. Linkin Park feat. Coheed and Cambria and Chiodos at Nationwide Arena on February 15th, 2008 in Columbus, Ohio. Doors @ 6. Admission: 40-50$/ticket.
3. Sighlo feat. State Your Cause, Head Change, and [some other band] at Newport Music Hall on November 7th, 2008 in Columbus, Ohio. Doors @ 6. Admission: 7$/ticket.

i haven't made my '09 list yet. :P
Raoul DeLomel
No broom

Post by Raoul DeLomel »

I'd hate to admit this but teh very first concert I went to was the
backstreet boys
since then I've seen finger 11
The Frey
Nickel**** - best rock concert ever
Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
and
Toby Keith

why is Nickel-back stared out?
Last edited by Raoul DeLomel on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Special thaks to Adelline Aldridge for making this amazing sig!! <3
Morgan Maddock

Post by Morgan Maddock »

Raoul DeLomel wrote:QUOTE (Raoul DeLomel @ Aug 4 2009, 09:32 PM) I'd hate to admit this but teh very first concert I went to was the
backstreet boys
it's okay, my first ever concert was nsync on the 2001 pop oddessy tour. :P
Last edited by Morgan Maddock on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silde Owen
No broom

Post by Silde Owen »

I've started to reach the stage where I can't totally remember any more.

It's funny looking at the older posts on this thread though, because of course I hadn't seen so many bands when it was started back in December 2004!

Here's a list not including festivals or unsigned acts or support acts(unless I've seen them headline as well):

3 Doors Down
A Perfect Circle
Biffy Clyro (x3)
David Ford (x4)
Easyworld (x4)
Elbow
Feeder (x6)
Goo Goo Dolls
InMe
Keane
Nine Inch Nails
Oceansize (x3)
Placebo
Powderfinger
Silversun Pickups
Smashing Pumpkins
The Drones
The Living End
Turin Brakes
Two Gallants
Wir sind Helden
Last edited by Silde Owen on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Talk”