Movies!

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Marvin Malfoy
No broom
Location: Hufflepuff!....... just because my last name is Malfoy doesn't mean that I should be in Slyt

Post by Marvin Malfoy »

I still need to see Matrix Reloaded, Finding Nemo, and some other ones.
><>MM<>< (fish the world) ><>MM<><
School for me starts way too early. Like, beginning of August early. Oh yeah, that sucks. I like Relient K, they are pretty much the only music I listen to. =D Well, that and Broadway. Broadway fills up all 4 gigs of my iPod Mini.

Tags:
Marinna Danea
No broom

Post by Marinna Danea »

I just saw the first Matrix for the first time last weeked, but I really want to see Reloaded! I saw X-Men 2 and it kicked serious boo-tay. But the movie that's beggin me to see it is Bruce Almighty *g* gotta love Jim Carey /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edit: Can Agent Smith talk aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnyyyyyyy slllllloooooooooooooooowwwwwwerrrrrr?
Last edited by Marinna Danea on Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¤Mårìnna Dånëa¤||.·:§lythërìn:·.||¤Clåss ôƒ '09¤
Pure-Blood | Owl- Barn~"Mara" | Wand- Hickory, 12 inches, core of troll toenail
I am Slytherin, hear me roar.
Ron: You know what this polyjuice potion needs? A slice of lemon and one of those little umbrellas.
Prof. Ceit Uiseag
No broom

Post by Prof. Ceit Uiseag »

Ooh...

The Labyrinth (Bowie rocks!)
LOTR (FotR) - kept me sane during finals last year!
LOTR (TTT) - I really wish my nearest cinema was not 100 miles away or I would have seen it loads more times!
Anything with the Pythons in it...pure silliness...yet there is a message beneath... and I would like a shrrrrrubbery for my birthday, please!
Dogma was quite cool...Alan Rickman was good in that.

The HP films were ok, I liked them, but I didn't agree with Columbus being made director...hopefully there'll be an improvement with PoA. I can't fault the actors though.

Am I the only one in the world who thinks that Viggo Mortensen is just as nice as Orlando Bloom and Elijah Wood?
Last edited by Prof. Ceit Uiseag on Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become who you were born to be...</span>
James Summers
No broom

Post by James Summers »

Ceit Uiseag wrote:The Labyrinth (Bowie rocks!)
Faranth, I'd forgotten about that one! It's is such a cool movie! Anyone who hasn't seen it should go out and find the video! Go... Now... Shoo!
Ceit Uiseag wrote:Anything with the Pythons in it...pure silliness...yet there is a message beneath... and I would like a shrrrrrubery for my birthday, please!
/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Ni Ni!
"Bravely Bold Sir Robin, rode forth from Camelot,
He was not afraid to die, oh brave Sir Robin,
He was not in the least bit scared to be killed in nasty ways,
Brave brave brave brave Sir Robin...."

Jim
Last edited by James Summers on Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***Per Ardua Ad Astra***
Piper Thorne
No broom

Post by Piper Thorne »

Ceit Uiseag wrote:Ooh...

The Labyrinth (Bowie rocks!)
LOTR (FotR) - kept me sane during finals last year!
LOTR (TTT) - I really wish my nearest cinema was not 100 miles away or I would have seen it loads more times!
Anything with the Pythons in it...pure silliness...yet there is a message beneath... and I would like a shrrrrrubbery for my birthday, please!
Dogma was quite cool...Alan Rickman was good in that.

The HP films were ok, I liked them, but I didn't agree with Columbus being made director...hopefully there'll be an improvement with PoA. I can't fault the actors though.

Am I the only one in the world who thinks that Viggo Mortensen is just as nice as Orlando Bloom and Elijah Wood?
No, you're not the only one! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

For recent films (ie, last 10 years, lol!) I like the Lion King, Miss Congeniality, the Shawshank Redemption and the LOTR films (duh!). For older films, the classics - Breakfast at Tiffany's, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. And I have a strange thing for the old westerns - The Searchers was on the other day and I loved it!

For special effects, Terminator 2 was great - the Matrix is better, but T2 did it first.

Worst films: Shakespeare in Love and Sliding Doors. I don't really have anything against Gwyneth Paltrow, but those were the only things I've watched where I didn't see the end!
Wanna read my fanfic? I haven't updated for ages but I will if people are reading it! Click WWW ....

Northern English Witch ~ Half Blood ~ Gryffindor!
Marvin Malfoy
No broom
Location: Hufflepuff!....... just because my last name is Malfoy doesn't mean that I should be in Slyt

Post by Marvin Malfoy »

For those who haven't seen Bruce Almighty, see it right now, it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I was gonna put this in my last post but no one would have read it) Yeah, I saw it a couple of weekends ago, and it is sooooooo funny.
Last edited by Marvin Malfoy on Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
><>MM<>< (fish the world) ><>MM<><
School for me starts way too early. Like, beginning of August early. Oh yeah, that sucks. I like Relient K, they are pretty much the only music I listen to. =D Well, that and Broadway. Broadway fills up all 4 gigs of my iPod Mini.
Maggie McGravin
No broom

Post by Maggie McGravin »

I loved Bruce Almighty! I especially liked the message that it had at the end..it was great!!
~Maggie McGravin~
11 1/2 inches, Persimmon
with a core of Powdered Dragon Scales

How did YOU celebrate New Years?
JoAnna Drakon
No broom

Post by JoAnna Drakon »

Well let me see: Labyrinth [David Bowie, 'nuff said], Gladiator [all around wonderful], Ice Age [hilarous], The Emperor's New Groove [one of Disney's most comical], The Prince of Egypt [awesome music], Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron [very cute], all of the Air Bud movies [uh. . .*clears throat* It's the. . .dog! Yeah the dog. *cough* ^_~ ], Top Gun [intensity], Treasure Planet [a newly found favorite], and the list goes on and on.

I'll probably be back with more later. ^^
Prof. Angelus Darklost
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Angelus Darklost »

My all-time favourite movie is: CENTER STAGE!!! Being a theatre & arts administration major in college, and minoring in dance, I have this affinity towards the fine arts. I completely understand what these kids are going through in this movie. That, and I love crying during the dance sequences (they're just that good). It's definitely the one movie that makes me want to get off my duff and get out there to accomplish my dreams/goals. Now if only I could be magically transported into the movie and live my life there, I might not feel so homesick when I watch it.
"The monkey may be off your back, but that doesn't mean the circus has left town." -- George Carlin
James Summers
No broom

Post by James Summers »

My all time favourite is problably 'Saving Privet Ryan' but there are sooo many others I really like! As far as genre goes... It's easier to tell you what I don't like than what I do! The only ones I'm not really fond of are bio-pics (on the whole I find them tedious - like Biographys) and sappy romance stories (that is pure romance - the rom com ones are usualy pretty good!)

Jim
***Per Ardua Ad Astra***
Maggie McGravin
No broom

Post by Maggie McGravin »

my favorite movie that i can think of right now is Deep Impact..but the ending is so sad, but it's happy at the same time..and Elijah Wood and LeeLee Sobieski do such a good job with their characters!!
~Maggie McGravin~
11 1/2 inches, Persimmon
with a core of Powdered Dragon Scales

How did YOU celebrate New Years?
Prof. Darlene Baker
No broom

Post by Prof. Darlene Baker »

Newsies! Early 90's attempt by Disney to bring back the live-action musical. Love that movie and I know there are a few other Newsie fans around here.

Runner-Up: The 10th Kingdom. Its a miniseries rather than a movie but I love it. A fun re-telling of some classic fairytales complete with the lovable Scott Cohen as the self-help obsessed Wolf. I've been trying to get my hands on the book for months!
Prof. Angelus Darklost
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Angelus Darklost »

Another Newsies fan? YES!!! And The 10th Kingdom was a WONDERFUL mini-series. I still watch it every now and again on VHS; the title song for that series was absolutely beautiful. Many times, I feel like the transformation between NYC and the 9 Kingdoms could be like how things between the Muggle & Wizarding worlds are. I LOVE it!!!
"The monkey may be off your back, but that doesn't mean the circus has left town." -- George Carlin
Prof. Darlene Baker
No broom

Post by Prof. Darlene Baker »

::big hug to Angelus:: I like your tastes!

Never heard of Newsies? Don't feel bad. We're a small cultish fanbase. Did a quick search and found some sites for the interested.

Some info about the cast

Pictures, Music, Characters and stuff
Prof. Angelia Oort
No broom

Post by Prof. Angelia Oort »

My favorite movie, and I think should be on all your movie libraries is TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. Gregory Peck was brilliant. God Bless his soul. Rest in Peace.
Fig, 13 1/2 inches, Toadstool Cap (top of a toadstool)
Fern Davant
No broom

Post by Fern Davant »

Im suprised i havnt heard about the newsies, im a huge disney fan. then again id never heard about the last unicorn and when i did it was apparently to late to save my soul.

ANyway, everyone knnows im obsessed with all the matrix movies, but you probably dont know how much i love escape to witch mountain. I love that movie. I dont know if anyone knows what it is, but they did a cruddy remake a few years ago. That was a sweet movie.

Return to “Movie Talk”