Movies!

Discuss Movies in This Forum
Cho Wood
No broom

Post by Cho Wood » Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:26 am

I <3 Jack nicholson! He's uber-cool! Did you ever see him in "As Good As it Gets" or "The Witches of Eastwick"? Maybe "Terms of Endearment"? Ah, he's amazing! I love his face, the expressions he makes are classic! And Cher's a good actress too! You have to see her in Moonstruck! I swear, one of the best movies ever made! It has Nicholas Cage, Olympia Dukakis-it's hilarious. You must watch it sometime.

Cheers!

Cho
Don't be a dope.. enough with the smoke!! Proud Member & Co-Founder of Chamerie, an Anti-smoking Campaign
¤Courage: the ability to know fear and still be brave enough to face it¤
'I don't want to be forgotten.'
'The stars will sing of it. We are immortal, you and I.'

-Harry & Draco; 'Beautiful World' by Cinnamon

SPOILER Sniffles for Snuffles- HE'S NOT DEAD!

Tags:
Charisse Fairchilde
No broom

Post by Charisse Fairchilde » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:06 am

my all time favorite movies are Save the Last Dance, Centerstage, and Legally Blonde! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I love reese witherspoon and brittany murphy. as for guy actors, i love colin farrel and adam sandler.
Charisse
Why do I dance?...Why do I breathe?
Silver Birch, Core of Fairy Wing, 13 1/2 inches
Relaynie Darcy

Post by Relaynie Darcy » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:22 am

Yay! Center Stage! I love that movie, especially the ballets at the end . . . fabulous.

I once saw Ilia Kulik ice-skate in person (he played Sergei). (He's married to my favorite ice-skater, Ekaterina Gordeeva /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> )

Yay! Holes! You guys are right, that was a good book. And I'm very excited that Shia LeBouf is in it.
Eowyn McCuill
No broom

Post by Eowyn McCuill » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:36 am

I just watched to an old movie called "It's a Wonderful Life" (1946) and it is soooo beautiful... If you have a chance, rent this movie. It's wonderful! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Eowyn McCuill | Third Year | Gryffindor
HOL Tolkien Society
Member of the Orange Committee

"May the Orangeness be with you!"
Lacey Lepal
No broom

Post by Lacey Lepal » Thu May 01, 2003 12:17 am

Well, naturally, I'd have to say HP1 and HP2. But Anger Management, Big Daddy, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and Save the Last Dance are all awesome as well!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edit: I can't believe I forgot How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
That movie ROCKS!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Last edited by Lacey Lepal on Thu May 01, 2003 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
§¤Lacey¤§

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Byron Dean
"You think the dead we loved ever truly leave us?" - Albus Dumbledore, Book 3
Wand: Holly | 15 inches | Phoenix Feather
Prof. Jenny Lupin
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Jenny Lupin » Thu May 01, 2003 12:36 am

Hm... defienetly HP1 and 2... and the LOTR movies... Billy Madison is hilarious, Save the Last Dance is cool! so is A Walk to Remember... Shrek is funny!! and i love disney movies... what can i say! *g* especially Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella... i love em!
|Jenny Lupin|je360|Gryffindor|dHoH|Gryff Quidditch Captain|Gryff Seeker|
|Paw Print Editor|Lion's Pride Awards Committee Head|HOL Quidditch Class Assistant|
|Captain J.L. Winneboygan|Rabid KAT-TUN Fangirl|AKAME Fanatic|<3 Akanishi Jin <3|
Henrietta Blume

Post by Henrietta Blume » Thu May 01, 2003 12:38 am

I love both HP movies, of course, but some other great ones are: (most have been mentioned, but oh well) Center Stage, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Legally Blonde, and Fried Green Tomatoes. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Alexia Malfoy
No broom

Post by Alexia Malfoy » Sat May 03, 2003 7:39 pm

I love Hugh Jackman! X-men movies rock too! I just saw the second one...it was so cool! But i also love HP, Lotr, and all that stuff. Legally blonde is so funny! It's gotta be one of the best movies ever!
~*Lex*~
~2-20-04~
~Busia, gone but not forgotten~

Angelina Diggory
No broom

Post by Angelina Diggory » Sat May 03, 2003 9:28 pm

i have to say that X2 is the best movie that has come out this year (lets see if i think the same after the Matrix /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ).

anyways, i loved it!! i want to see it again 'cause i didn't got some details but now that i found out more about them i'm ready to enjoy it 100%. i got out of the movies wondering something, why do all the x-men(guys) have to be so good-looking? lol
i mean, look at Cyclops, Wolverine, Pyro, Colossus(the hottest!), Iceman....they look great! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

well, i have to speak a little more than the cuteness of these guys so i'll say that the music was a lot better than the first one, Wolverine got to kick a lot more butt and so did Nightcrawler. i sure hope we get to see Colossus with a bigger part on the next movie *crosses fingers*. this movie really breaks that "sequels-being-bad" way of thinking.

go and watch it!!
/“Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.â€Â￾ -Yoda-/
/Wand: Purpleheart, 11 1/2 inches, Fairy Dust/
Rebecca Jones

Post by Rebecca Jones » Mon May 05, 2003 4:11 am

Humm..Movies..well...

-Never Been Kissed
-LOTR (both)
-Bend it like Beckham
-X2!!!!
-What a girl wants
-the land of faraway ...lol.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Luthien Black
No broom

Post by Luthien Black » Mon May 05, 2003 7:10 am

X2 was so cool! (I saw it on Saturday). I loved Nightcrawler. He was so funny. (Anyone who doesn't want the movie ruined for them don't read the next bit). When Wolverine killed that girl, people were laughing! I was really cross, but I just didn't understand why they were laughing /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> . Hugh Jackman is gorgeous (and an Aussie!), so that was quite cool. I also saw Ned Kelly, which was brilliant, but quite sad and a little gruesome in bits. I can't wait for the Matrix, the trailers look so cool!!!

Nai tiruvantel ar varyuvantel i Valar tielyanna nu vilya
May the Valar protect you on your path under the sky
James Summers
No broom

Post by James Summers » Mon May 05, 2003 5:44 pm

The HP movies goes without saying but others...

LotR
Saving Privet Ryan
Usual Suspects (very cool film <g>)
The Matrix
The Star Wars movies - all of them
Oh - and anything with Jackie Chan in it. That guy is great!

Jim

"I'm stuck in space with a man who would loose a battle of wits with a stuffed iguana"
pause. "What's an iguana?"
- Rimmer & Dave, Red Dwarf
***Per Ardua Ad Astra***
Fiona Vandom
No broom

Post by Fiona Vandom » Wed May 07, 2003 8:41 am

Oh, I love Xmen 2! I think the Nightcrawler was really funny... And Iceman's really cool!!! The story is getting better, I can't wait to see X3! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
"What would come, would come,
and you would have to meet it when it does." -Hagrid
Vanyaria Darkshadow
No broom

Post by Vanyaria Darkshadow » Wed May 07, 2003 10:34 am

I really love Dogma /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Great movie. So funny - and I'm Catholic lol. meh, I can laugh at myself. (and no, of course it doesn't have anything to do with Alan Rickman... although he is such an added bonus. mmmm. Like him better as Snape tho. Noone could make the "simmering cauldrons" speech any more lucious than him.)

Sig and Avatar made by Ilo at the ID Card shop

"Dear Diary, Have decided my detentions are far too easy - if you want to teach the degenerates a proper lesson, you have to do a decent job of it. At the very least they should be haunted by recurring nightmares as a direct result of it.."
- Sev's Diary... what's He really thinking?
Arika Goldberg
No broom

Post by Arika Goldberg » Fri May 09, 2003 9:38 pm

My favorite movie of all time is Bambi. A lot of people don't like that one because his mother dies, but I find it really touching. Some others would have to be LOTR, ...now I can't think of any, o darn! Anyway, it'll come to me sometime, in like a a year or so.
Angelina Diggory
No broom

Post by Angelina Diggory » Thu May 15, 2003 12:51 am

slight change on subject:

guys, am i the only one excited about The Matrix here??? /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />

i know its starting to show on the U.S today (don't know about the other countries). but i'll have to wait until next week to see it!! the same thing happened with the Harry Potter movies....why do they have to do this? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />

anyways, i'm not expecting much from the movie since i have been reaidng reviews and most of them talk about how disappointed the people got out of the threater because of the short fight scenes and because they were expecting to see a lot more from Neo which doesn't happen either (this is according to the reviews).

but, even if the reviews say its not the greatest thing the brothers(the directors of the movie) have come up with, i still want to see it very very bad!!
Eowyn McCuill
No broom

Post by Eowyn McCuill » Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:13 am

Hey Angelina!

By this time I believe you saw Matrix already, didn't you?

Well, I liked it a lot! At the first time I saw it, I didn't understand that conversations between Neo and the Architect *wonders if she was the only one* but lately I realized something... Nobody has ever been disconnected from the Matrix!!! Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and the whole Zion!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Well, at least it was that what I got from the movie... Just a guess.

Neo stopping the machines being outside the Matrix already was just too much odd for me...
Eowyn McCuill | Third Year | Gryffindor
HOL Tolkien Society
Member of the Orange Committee

"May the Orangeness be with you!"
Angelina Diggory
No broom

Post by Angelina Diggory » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:04 am

nope, nobody has been really unplugged from the Matrix, and that's why Neo could stop those machines(centinels) in the "real world".

man, that movie was just confusing, i found some websites that had the transcripts of some of the most important conversations of the movie, they really help you to understand a bit better what they were saying!

but even with the confusing stuff, i really liked the movie; the action scenes were awesome and the highway chase was the best!!
Cassandra Rowling
No broom

Post by Cassandra Rowling » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:06 pm

I loved the matrix and matrix reloaded. I can't believe Zion was completely destroyed! I can't wait for the last one to come out to find out the rest of the story, especially after the cliff-hanger.

Cass /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Proud to be a Gryffindor!

LIONS WON THECUP !!!!!!

WAND: Oak, 8 1/2 inches, Pheonix Tail Feather
Artemis Beoulve
No broom

Post by Artemis Beoulve » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:55 pm

The Matrix Reloaded was awesome. It's kind of sad and suprising to find out the true meaning behind being "The One" huh? But yeah, what a cliffhanger indeed!

I found the fight with Neo vs. Agent Smith(s) to be very amusing /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Loved that part.

Return to “Movie Talk”