Les Choristes
V for Vendetta
In Bruges
Darjeeling Limited
Once
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Beauty and the Beast
Wall-E
What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.
What we call random is just patterns we cant decipher.
What we can't understand we call nonsense.
What we can't read we call gibberish.

Tags:
Charlaine Flimel
No broom

Post by Charlaine Flimel »

Movies! Oh, where do I begin? There are so many good movies out there. :) Here are some of my favorites: Pride and Prejudice (mini-series and new movie), Steal Magnolias (I am a southern girl!), Pretty In Pink (got to represent the 80's), All of the Harry Potter movies of course, LOTR (all three), Remember the Titans (great sports movie), The Wedding Planner, Star Wars!, pretty much anything Disney, Dazed and Confused, While You Were Sleeping, Dirty Dancing (More 80's), Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Pretty Woman, Weather Girl, anything with Johnny Depp, Across The Universe! (Love the Beatles), The Dark Knight (RIP Heath Ledger), Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead (Simon Pegg!), the Hangover, and so many more...
Last edited by Charlaine Flimel on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silde Owen
No broom

Post by Silde Owen »

Serious(ish) films:
Dances With Wolves, Cast Away, The Shawshank Redemption, Leon, Brokeback Mountain, Casablanca, A Beautiful Mind

Fun films:
The Bourne trilogy, Amelie, The Matrix, The Mummy, Nothing to Lose, A Fish Called Wanda

Disney films:
The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, Aladdin

Etc.
Faye Roderick
Oakshaft 79

Post by Faye Roderick »

Oh my, if you ask me what my favourite movies are, it'll be difficult for me to decide! I'll just mention some I can remember from my head.

Sweeney Todd: I think the movie was shot very, very beautifully. Love the camera angles! There's one angle from 'My Friends' scene that I love love love!

Let The Right One In: the original swedish version of course! It's dark and for most of the part quiet, but still full of suspense.

And the fun movies, I love The Bourne Trilogy actually, the character Jason Bourne is so complicated. You may say he's like a duplicate of James Bond, but blah I never liked James Bond and any Bond movies. Bond is way too perfect, it makes him looks boring and one dimensional, while with Jason Bourne you can see how he's dealing with his problems and showing emotions, making him look HUMAN and therefore more interesting to watch!
"It's your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers." ~ Luke Skywalker ~
FayethSeventh YearThe IRC JediLoyal Supporter of the Slytherin Quidditch Team
Tara Aurelium
Oakshaft 79

Post by Tara Aurelium »

Hmmm.

Dogma - one of my all time favourite comedy movies. Love, love, love this movie - I can re-watch it a thousand more times.
The Dark Knight - I'm pretty much obsessed with the Joker. I have a super duper awesome creepy t-shirt of him. Oh yum.
PotC - the first one, mind. Not that much of a big fan of the other two. ;x
P.S. I love you - I don't think I ever cried that much during a single movie, but, well... I love this flick, really.
Princess Bride - hee.
5th year | RQT co-captain | the botmaster
Faye Roderick
Oakshaft 79

Post by Faye Roderick »

Oh yeah, The Dark Knight is pretty much in the classics list now, along with Godfather and such movies. :P

And cripes almighty, I can't believe I forgot to mention I'm Not There!! Cate Blanchett is just amazing in it. :lol: A movie about Bob Dylan, filled with his songs all over it, what's not to love! I've watched that movie over and over again, singing along to the songs lol. I know, I'm obsessed.
"It's your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers." ~ Luke Skywalker ~
FayethSeventh YearThe IRC JediLoyal Supporter of the Slytherin Quidditch Team
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

I'm not sure if I ever posted in here, but anyway, my favorite movies list has definitely changed so yes, posting again. :)

DareDevil - This is my all times favorite. I think it's the first ever movie I've considered as "my favorite" and it's surely not leaving that list. The story is simply too touching, and the actual events are amazing.
The Notebook - If you've watched the movie and didn't cry at all, then you have no feelings. I find it better than Titanic, although they have a similar story.
Click - Adam Sandler is just... TOO funny. This is his best movie, in my opinion.
The Exorcist - And I mean the actual FIRST movie. It's the best horror movie ever (and seeing the new horror movies, I doubt there will be a better one)! The later "Exorcist" movies were... average, or at least "good", but definitely not anywhere near the awesomeness of the first one.
Shrek - Do I have to say anything? One of the best animated movies really, I loved all 3 movies and I laugh at them no matter how many times I've watched them.
Ice Age - Look at my comment for Shrek. XD
Ellie Warhol
No broom

Post by Ellie Warhol »

I love a lot of movies, and I don't think you want a full list, so I am just listing one of of my favorite dramas and one of my favorite comedys...

The Freedom Writers:It such a good story and they did a great job turning the book into the movie...

Mean GirlsIt is just a funny a movie, that is really, really good...
Trevor Williams
No broom

Post by Trevor Williams »

The list could go on and on with movies I like, but here are a few:

Wedding Crashers
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Fired Up!
Legally Blonde
Sweet Home Alabama
Man on Fire
Hercules

Wow I can't think of many right now because there are so many great ones! Those are just a few from all genres that I like. :)
Chandrika Sundari
No broom

Post by Chandrika Sundari »

I love movies. I go see them in the theater as often as I can (which being that my RL husband works in the industry is quite often). These are all in no particular order by the way, and wow this list definitely show's my age...and sorry this is kind of long, but like I said I love movies.

Classic Favorites - Pre 1970: Phantom of the Opera - The 1943 version, it's colorful, great music, and who couldn't like Claude Rains? Also one of the only adaptations that portrays Christine as the blonde she is in the novel.The Wizard of Oz - Again great music. Most beloved movie from my childhood. I wore my VHS tape out and had an audio recording of the entire movie that I would listen to on long trips. I got to see this on the big screen recently, and it was so magicalGone with the Wind - This one is so cinematic. One of these days I'll tackle reading the book.
Favorites: 1970-1998:Star Wars Original Trilogy - Especially The Empire Strikes Back. Yoda is my favorite character and Leia's Bespin Gown has been my favorite costume for a long time. Having learned more about movies I have a lot to appreciate about the cinematography as well. I recently got to see this on the big screen finally. It was awesome!Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - I love the whole trilogy, but Sean Connery as Henry Jones Sr. makes this one my most favorite. One of these days I will make a replica Grail diary!Back to the Future - I love this whole trilogy as well. "I'm George, George McFly. I'm your density. I mean... your destiny."Labyrinth - Jim Henson's puppetry, awesome music, David Bowie, and Jennifer Connelly's beautiful costumeThe Goonies - classic adventureEdward Scissorhands - Johnny Depp, Tim Burton and Danny Elfman! Great and classic/timeless story. Beautiful cinematography!The Princess Bride - my RL hubby gave this to me for my birthday when we first meet. I had never seen it before and fell in love.Beauty and the Beast - My all time favorite Disney movie. I love the prologue and the Bonjour/Belle sequence. One of my favorite scenes is Belle rescued from the wolves and the following tending to Beast's wounds... and of course the end.The Lion King - My second all time favorite Disney movie. Love the opening sequence and all the music. This was my first exposure to the awesomeness that is Hans Zimmer, though I didn't know it at the time.Jurassic Park - This was the first PG13 movie I was allowed to see in the theater. I really wanted to be a paleontologist/paleobotanist for years afterward. Hocus Pocus - I wouldn't say that this is a great movie, but I've always enjoyed it. It's one of those movies I always want to watch near HalloweenMulan - My third favorite Disney movie. I love the story and the cinematography. Favorite song: I'll Make a Man out of YouInterview with the Vampire - Recorded the slightly edited version on TV when I was on a major vampire kick in high school (years pre-Twilight). Read the first few of the book series, got the soundtrack, generally became obsessed..yadda yadda..oh and I much enjoyed the full content version as well later onNightmare Before Christmas - Tim Burton! Great music by Danny Elfman. I love the look of the movie!Ever After - just a great Cinderella adaptation
Newer Favorites:Harry Potter Series - Especially Chamber of Secrets and Half-Blood Prince. I have different favorites for different reasons and I'm not going into detail here as it would take a whole post.Pirates of the Caribbean series - Five words: Jack Sparrow, Hans Zimmer musicGladiator - This is one of those movies that I actually never saw in the theater but enjoyed it immensely after seeing it. Every time I see it on TV I seem to stop and watch at least a little bit of it (much like any of the Harry Potter movies)Moulin Rouge - great story, awesome music. Spectacular spectacular spectacle!Enchanted - When I first heard that this was coming out I rolled my eyes (I think it was the poster of Giselle coming out of the manhole), but after the trailer I knew I had to see it, and was pleasantly thrilled by the movieThe Devil Wears Prada - Almost made me want to get into fashionSigns - My personal favorite M Night Shyamalan movie. I loved the story, the cinematography was superb
And finally...
"Recent" Favorites:The Dark Knight - Great performances by all. One of my all time favorite sequelsWALL-E and Up - both of these had excellent stories and were so endearing. Great movies.The Book of Eli - Very interesting story, well worth seeing at some point (warning to younger readers this movie is graphic...after all it's rated R)Despicable Me - So cute and funny. A great one for all ages "It's soo FLUFFAH!"
Isabel Wong
No broom

Post by Isabel Wong »

Right now my current favourite is definitely Inception!!! It is extremely mind-boggling and I feel that the whole concept of the movie is just simply amazing.
Isabel Wong
No broom

Post by Isabel Wong »

Right now my current favourite is definitely Inception!!! It is extremely mind-boggling and I feel that the whole concept of the movie is just simply amazing.
T. Byrd
No broom

Post by T. Byrd »

My favorite movie, ever, all time, no question, is GHOSTBUSTERS.
| Gryffindor | tb001 |
Leanna Lovegood
No broom

Post by Leanna Lovegood »

^ Ha, I know the kid whose dad sang the ghostbusters song. I did like the movie though. I really liked Up, Finding Nemo, Wizard of Oz, Avatar, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
Nozomi Kisaragi
No broom

Post by Nozomi Kisaragi »

I know almost ALL the words to "Clue" :D
I LOVE Tim Curry!
Last edited by Nozomi Kisaragi on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
Blanca Solchoice
No broom

Post by Blanca Solchoice »

OH, movies... well, I like a lot of those.
Among them are HP (PoA, OoP, HBP, and of course both parts of DH), then Wizard of Oz, Inception, and more. Generally, I love romantic comedies (even if they're cheesy :unsure: ), and fantasy/mythology. I don't like horror, or gore, though. :blink:
~blanca solchoice
Rayne Devereaux
No broom

Post by Rayne Devereaux »

This might sound lame BUT my all time favortie movie has to be The Lion King. I'm so excited the film will show again this September in theaters. I have other movies that I consider faves but TLK is definitely my all time favorite. (:
Last edited by Rayne Devereaux on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tambaqui Balthazar
Moontrimmer

Post by Tambaqui Balthazar »

I have quite a few DVDs movies, but most of mine that I love are comedy based and sometimes series based!

Most comedy I like for example are Cats and Dogs, Crocodile Dundee, some dance/hip hop movies like Step Up 2: The streets.and things like the Mighty Ducks Series.

I love Christmas movies, particularly Jingle all the Way, Santa Clause, Santa Clause 2 and Santa Clause 3.

I prefer those to horror, or tragic love stories lol! :unsure:
STOP THOSE DEATH THREATS! :(
(Please note, this signature is sarcastic!)

Return to “Movie Talk”