Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

Some of you know that I have been working my way down on the timeline for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, starting with Captain America and hitting all of the movies and tv shows thereafter. Avengers: Infinity War just came out, and while I have yet to see it because I still have two movies to watch before I am ready to take it on (Captain America: Civil War and Thor: Ragnorak), I know many of you have already watched it and some of you have only seen a few in this universe.

Are you a fan of the Marvel movies? I am addicted to them right now and the shows as well. Which has been your favorite Marvel Movie so far? I think mine so far has been Doctor Strange as well as Black Panther. It's really hard for me to pick one out of those two as I love them both for very different reasons.

Remember, if you post any spoilers to use spoiler tags.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Tags:
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Aurelia West »

I'm definitely a fan, but lately I've been falling behind since I haven't had time to go see the most recent movies. I think that this summer would be a wonderful time to do a catch up like Shiloh mentioned!
Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Post by Silas Hipolito Crist »

Marvel shows... this is absolutely an interesting theme because I was known as Marvel hater in my family. My brother was always watching Marvel movies, but I wanted the movies of my choise. But last year I have watched one of the Marvel movies and unexpectedly fell in love with them. I began re-watching every Marvel movie that I found and also watching new Marvel movies.
The latest Marvel that I have watched was obviously Avengers Infinity war and I was so sad when it ended.
My favourite is probably this one, because all characters are now brought together and are fighting side by side agains much stronger evil. I personaly like some Marvel characters more than others, so it was very fun when my favourite and others were interacting.
Other movie that I really liked was Thor: Ragnarok. I am never bored when watching Loki and Thor fighting. This time they were forced to be together, altough some quarrels were also to be seen.Surprisingly I always find Loki better and more sympatic than Thor, who knows why.
Alexander Barnes-Rogers
No broom

Post by Alexander Barnes-Rogers »

I am a huge fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially Captain America, and Agent Carter, and Avengers.
Elizabeth Opal
No broom

Post by Elizabeth Opal »

I see these responses were awhile ago, but I would love to talk about the MCU if others would too.
It is so difficult to choose a favorite Marvel movie because I like them all for different reasons. If I had to choose only one to watch the rest of my life, it would be Infinity War. This is because of the interactions between the superheroes.
Although, Avengers is a classic, and I am always up to watch it. I can quote most of the movie, and I feel like I annoy people when they watch it with me.
Another great one is Winter Soldier, mainly because of the relationships and action.
Ragnarok is super hilarious to me, and it is my go-to when I am in a comedic mood (infinity war too).

But these are a few of my thoughts. If you would like to talk to someone about the MCU, please feel free to send me a message!
Septima Lestrange
No broom

Post by Septima Lestrange »

I just re-watched Black Panther as part of one of my discord communities movie nights and it reminded me why it’s been my favorite. It’s just such a fantastic movie all the way through
Karena Ward
No broom

Post by Karena Ward »

I love the MCU in everyone way. I have watched them all in chronological order, and it's so fun to see how things you might have missed in one movie, pop up in another and you didn't understand why. My favorite is Thor: Ragnorak just because of the humor in it and a little bit of a background story while finding out where Bruce Banner went.
Karena Ward
Samanta Grey
No broom

Post by Samanta Grey »

I love superhero movies! I watched all of the main movies and some of the shows, but there are so many nowadays that I feel as if I can't follow them anymore. Especially with shows (and DC's guilty of that too) you sometimes get stories that're so intertwined you can't watch one without the other and that's not right. But I make do.
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

I am a gigantic Marvel fan! I remember seeing Avengers in the cinema for the first time and going two more times because I thought 'it just couldnt get any better'...oh how i was wrong! I have been a fan of the comics, thor was always my favourite too, and so I was very very excited to see ragnorok even when I was off seeing Avengers. Taika did NOT dissapoint in his masterpiece with Thor Ragnorok. I genuinly think it saved Thor's character and did so so so many things right. It was so epic. That sign on the bridge with led zepplin playing is one of the coolest scenes in MCU history!
Evelin Stockom
No broom

Post by Evelin Stockom »

I am in love with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I have watched all the movies and series, except Agent of shields and Agent Carter. My family is literally fed up with me obsessing over them.
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

Black Widow comes out this month here in the US and I am super excited. I have waited two years for this movie and I can't wait to see it.

I loved Wandavision as well (which I feel like I was one of the only ones lol). We haven't started the new Loki series yet, because I want to be able to binge it and not have to wait for episodes. I love that all the Marvel stuff is coming back out.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~
Evelin Stockom
No broom

Post by Evelin Stockom »

I so completely agree with watching the whole series at once. Hence I haven't started Loki now too. As for black widow, cinemas are still closed in my country so I'd have to wait for them. And I absolutely loved WV and TFATWS too.
Cleena Lokisdottir
No broom

Post by Cleena Lokisdottir »

i am a fan of the marvel movies, i have to say my favs are the captian america movies, cant really pick one over the others. i aslo thought that wanda vision was really good, havent seen loki yet, or the new what if series.
Maya Chocolate
No broom

Post by Maya Chocolate »

I'm a new fan, but I absolutely love it. I think all the new shows/movies are really interesting, with a larger emphasis on magic and the super natural opening even more possibilities for the stories to go in
Avery Hill
No broom

Post by Avery Hill »

I am definitely a fan, I love how exciting the movies are and the plots are often good. I am waiting for Shang-chi to be available on Apple TV so I can watch it. I heard it’s really good!
Mathilde Renard
No broom

Post by Mathilde Renard »

I think the movies are decent enough, though nothing revolutionary. You have to know what you're watching and I can't deny that despite their average-ness, they're really enjoyable!

I like the recent movies the most, like Shang-Chi, as they're not afraid to take risks and I look forward to seeing what else's waiting for us in the MCU.
Sheila Bagnold
No broom

Post by Sheila Bagnold »

The funny thing is, I'm kind of obsessed with MCU, yet I've only watched one or two movies. I'm hoping to find time to watch the others soon. But I've seen lots of videos of Marvel, so I have a base to start on. But it amazes me on how much movies and shows there are. As I joined the universe just recently, it took me a while to figure the order in which I should watch the movies and shows. But now I think I got it, though suggestions are definitely welcome!
“Anything’s possible if you have enough nerve,” - Ginny Weasley
Ellie Vernez
No broom

Post by Ellie Vernez »

My favourite marvel movie is spiderman no way home. That was amazing, its a film i could watch again in the cinema

Return to “Movie Talk”