Twilight

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Nicole Cullen
No broom

Post by Nicole Cullen »

I just saw the new sneak peek/trailer, i'm so phyced to see how it turns out.
NICOLOPOLIO

Tags:
Jenna Hathaway
Oakshaft 79

Post by Jenna Hathaway »

I'm going to be another person who's quite disappointed in the cast as a whole. I still think Emily Browning would be a better Bella. Kristen looks too grown-up/mature/less accident-prone. Robert is slightly growing on me with his Edward role, though I still dream about Gaspard Ulliel sometimes. And Robert playing in two "epic" movies for teens I think is not helping.. his roles are going to get too confused in people's minds. I feel unsure about Rosalie too. Nikki Reed is not the most gorgeous actress out there! I know it's quite impossible to find someone so humanly beautiful... but I'm sure there are prettier actresses. Oh well, just going to have not so high expectations I guess. I'm not *that* psyched about the movie, but I'll definitely see it.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

Post by Gabrielle Belmont »

<_< Nah, it doesn't convice me! I am more exited about Breaking dawn really!
But I'll probably watch it, just because im curious.
Proud Slytherin/Second year.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.
The emblem,shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin,will suffice for everyone.
Annie Echo Reed
No broom

Post by Annie Echo Reed »

i love twilight! like so much, but im a little tinsy bit worried about the movie. the best part that i like about the book twilight are ALL the little details which we know that you can't have them all in a movie. i'm still going to see it( my cuiosity got the better of me) so i hope they prove me wrong:) :unsure:
Ava Summers
No broom

Post by Ava Summers »

Ohmygosh, I am SUPER excited for this movie. I hope its as good as the books!
And I do have to admit, Edward in this movie is quite dreamy :rolleyes:

It comes out in December I think, is the exact date set yet?
|| Ava Summers || First Year || Ravenclaw || av818 ||
Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

Post by Gabrielle Belmont »

Ava Summers wrote:QUOTE (Ava Summers @ Aug 11 2008, 11:04 AM) Ohmygosh, I am SUPER excited for this movie. I hope its as good as the books!
And I do have to admit, Edward in this movie is quite dreamy :rolleyes:

It comes out in December I think, is the exact date set yet?
In some countries its 12/12/08.
Proud Slytherin/Second year.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.
The emblem,shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin,will suffice for everyone.
Lucas Yorkshire
No broom

Post by Lucas Yorkshire »

Kristin's hot.
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

So, I was sad to hear HP HBP would have to wait another 8 months until we I get to see it.

But since HP gave up the weekend here in the US. Twilight has been moved up!!!! *\o/* YAY!!!

QUOTE Now for the good news! Though we're all sad to have to wait for Harry Potter, this open spot at the theater creates a cool opportunity. The good people at Summit were thrilled to let me know that now Twilight fans are going to get their movie three weeks earlier than scheduled. That's right—Twilight will be released in theaters November 21st! Let the merry-making commence![/quote]

From Stephenie's website.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~
Nikki Walker
No broom

Post by Nikki Walker »

they had the cast of twilight at the VMA's this year. jacob, edward, bella, and jasper!
sooooo excited for this.
i can't believe i'm so fangirl over these books/movie! :lol:
nikki walker

poet of the month in poetry for beginners!

year three || ni408 || slytherin ||589 pts || the gamer slyth || promising student
Astra Holt
No broom

Post by Astra Holt »

With all the buzz in here and elsewhere about the movie, I'm surprised there haven't been comments since it came out.
So, who's seen it and what do you think?
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -G. Marx
Jenna Hathaway
Oakshaft 79

Post by Jenna Hathaway »

I've seen it, and I suppose it was a pretty good adaptation. They stayed true to the books despite minor additions and changes. As for the actors, I'm going to admit that Robert pulled it off. But Kristen lacked the emotion and passion that you just can't believe her character enough. Everyone else turned out pretty good for their roles though!
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Samantha McNulty
No broom

Post by Samantha McNulty »

Jenna Hathaway wrote:QUOTE (Jenna Hathaway @ Dec 12 2008, 07:30 AM) I've seen it, and I suppose it was a pretty good adaptation. They stayed true to the books despite minor additions and changes. As for the actors, I'm going to admit that Robert pulled it off. But Kristen lacked the emotion and passion that you just can't believe her character enough. Everyone else turned out pretty good for their roles though!
I'm hoping to buy the book tomorow :)
I have not read Meyers books at all. However, I am told they are good.

In your opinion, are they better or worse than HP?
Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Post by Ronja Liek »

Samantha McNulty wrote:QUOTE (Samantha McNulty @ Dec 19 2008, 10:03 PM) I'm hoping to buy the book tomorow :)
I have not read Meyers books at all. However, I am told they are good.

In your opinion, are they better or worse than HP?
Worse.
Far far far worse.

Harry Potter has a plot, sympathic caracters, humour, a believable bad guy...

And Twilight has.. well erhm.. lots of pages.
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.
Jinxi Gavett
No broom

Post by Jinxi Gavett »

I can't say better or worse than Harry Potter, because I'm only like halfway through the first book, but I have to say that (so far) it isn't NEAR as bad as Ronja is making it seem. My cousin has been in love with these books since they came out! I'm just borrowing them from her. I wanted to read them before I saw the movie. I'm having second thoughts about seeing it though, just because I can't stand the girl playing Bella. I didn't like her ever since I first saw her in The Messengers. One question: Is it worth seeing even if I hate her?
Stephen Scofield
No broom

Post by Stephen Scofield »

I think I like the film. I hope I can buy the book soon because it's now empty in my country. :(
Rosalynd Greene
No broom

Post by Rosalynd Greene »

I really didn't enjoy the movie that much. I suggest to everyone that they MUST read the book before the movie otherwise, at least in my opinion, you will completely loathe the entire idea!
Charity Swan
No broom

Post by Charity Swan »

I liked the movie, there were quite a few changes from the book, but I still thought it was good. I thought the movie was pretty funny too (in parts). I love the books, and have been waiting for the movie to come out ever since I read the books (the end of this summer).
Barbara Phoenix
No broom

Post by Barbara Phoenix »

I have always found the Twilight stories more of a movie story. Stephenie Meyer's plot was fairly good, I did not like her writing style at all though (a little long-winded if you ask me), but this long-windedness had a positive effect as well, namely that the first book could fit into the first movie pretty well.

The actors, especially those playing the Cullens, I found very good. Before seeing the movie I was surprised at their choice of Robert Patterson (come on, he's not that handsome) but when he played he DID become 'that handsome'. The action in it was realistic and when Edward turned into the Cullen's driveway it was exactly how I imagined it - every tree and plant and the way the light fell in - it felt like I had been there before.

Overall I found it a good movie, and they didn't change too much of the books which I am happy about.
Fhaella Fiedlerson
No broom

Post by Fhaella Fiedlerson »

For me, I'll rather watch the movie then read the book first. Anyway, the movie is nice and right, they made some changes but its still good. I like the characters especially the one who played the role of Alice even if she have to be more smaller than she used to be.
Ellie Warhol
No broom

Post by Ellie Warhol »

I have read all of books and had finished the saga before I saw the movie on opening day. Twilight the book was defently better then the movie, though the movie was a good adaption. Also I personally refuse to say HP or Twilight is better then the other, the main plot in HP is different then the main plot in Twilight. No matter what give the movie and book a chance.

Return to “Movie Talk”