Old Time Favourites

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Tia Sem
No broom

Old Time Favourites

Post by Tia Sem »

well when i came to this forum, most of the topics were about recent or new movies...so i wanted to start a topic about old classics that are your favourites to this day.

mine are braveheart, the outsiders, slc punk, mallrats, stand by me and shawshank redemtion....considering my age these arent that old.
Tia Sem
<Sig. made by Bridgette Medwin...Thank You!>

Tags:
Arwen Tonks
No broom

Post by Arwen Tonks »

I love Braveheart and I recently watched The Labryinth and I really enjoyed that. I don't know whether they class as 'old classics' but they sure looked old to me /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
A x
If I'm good, I'll go to Hogwarts when I die.
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost." - Aragorn's poem.
"Maybe I'm a Lion..." - Squall
Blake Slatton
No broom

Post by Blake Slatton »

Would "Jaws" be classified as an 'old classic'? If so, then that's definately my favorite.

I saw the Outsiders in seventh grade; we watched it in conjunction with reading the book. As usual, I preferred the book much more than the movie.
Alte Sententiam | Pensieve Opinion Staff
Ravenclaw Book Club | Writer's Society

Sig made by Vladimir of Sig 'N 'Av Palace
Aoife Ardal
No broom

Post by Aoife Ardal »

I looooooove Gone with the Wind. I would watch it over and over again if it wasn't 3h 45 mins long.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare
Nikki Malfoy
No broom

Post by Nikki Malfoy »

I like the old "Beatles" movies like "Help" and "Hard Day's Night". I guess you couldn't really call them "classic"...or maybe you could...in my opinion they are.
meh
Amy Vision
No broom

Post by Amy Vision »

I agree with Arwen about The Laberenth! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOve that movie! The music was better than anything /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
I made this sig myself. feel free to PM me
if you would like me to make you one.

|Amy James Vision|Keeper of the Secrets|
|Chocolate Freak|Snape Hater|Harry Potter Lover|
Gabrielle Walker
No broom

Post by Gabrielle Walker »

I saw the Outsiders last year because of the book we had to read. What made it easpecially funny was having our teacher try and tell us everything we already knew. Then she yelled at us for laughing.

Then, we saw The Shining from 1980 and The Amityville Horror from 1979. Don't know if you would consider them old movies. I thought some parts could use some work, but that they were good movies.
Etheria Angel
No broom

Post by Etheria Angel »

Definitely The Outsiders and Braveheart are two of my favorites. Another one is Taps...very very old movie. Gone With The Wind, My Fair Lady also rank right up there. And of course, Risky Business with Tom Cruise..yep.
Dawn Christensen
No broom

Post by Dawn Christensen »

One of my favorite old movies is the Labyrinth. That was so Awesome! Also Grease. I think that one is pretty old.
Prof. Ebba Brighton

Post by Prof. Ebba Brighton »

I saw The Outsiders in seventh grade to correspond with our book reading -- I was not that crazy about it to tell the truth. It was alright, but I much prefer the book. The movie was rather ... boring x.x
Dizland Graggy
No broom

Post by Dizland Graggy »

braveheart definitely a favorite and also gladiator (but i dont know if gladiator is old enough to be classified as a classic
Christine McTague
No broom

Post by Christine McTague »

Labyrinth and the Black Crystal... Oh man. I would watch those over and over.
Fail Safe is a really great movie. Its definetely old since its in black and white, but still very relevant today.
The Poltergeist and Omen series were really great horror flicks.
Christine McTague, First Year, Slytherin.
Wand: Rosewood and ebony handle, 12", Gryphon feather.
Familiar: Keethan the eagle owl.
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis.
Sophronia Bradenton
No broom

Post by Sophronia Bradenton »

Watership Down /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> my all-time favorite movie. I've been watching it since I was 3, my earliest memory is sitting in front of the TV watching it while my mom is vacuuming or something. Amazing movie.

Also love X-men, I've got that movie practically memorized /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
*Overlord of Oboes and Mistress of the Majestic*

yum yum eat 'em up
Lola Lee
No broom

Post by Lola Lee »

The only old movies I can remember seeing are "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Singin' in the Rain". Oh and "My Fair Lady." Man, I love that movie. Audrey Hepburn is the greatest.

I've always wanted to watch the classics like "Citizen Kane" and "Casablanca" and I've watched "Gone with the Wind" before but I don't remember it.
Prevent violence against flamboyant animals...

just say NO to pinatas.
Naomi Jourdain
No broom

Post by Naomi Jourdain »

I would have to say Preachers Wife and Neverending story. When I see that it takes me back, and my imagination goes wild!!! It's fun!

Nami /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
"Every man's life is a fairy tale
written by God's fingers."
Hans Christian Anderson
Artemis Jill Tipple
No broom

Post by Artemis Jill Tipple »

cool thread! I have always loved Mary Poppins, The Little Prince, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory[1st version], Herbie, Sound of Music, Neverending Story, Karate Kid movies, Stand by Me, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Goonies, Electric Dreams, Mannequin, Splash, shame..i could go forever with this! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Shelly McCall
No broom

Post by Shelly McCall »

So many favorites for me. Mostly historical, with war and all that goes with it, but a few that aren't. I LOVE Titanic (Ioan Gruffudd as an officer... hehe), Braveheart, Gladiator, Spiderman, Pretty in Pink, The Patriot, and First Knight (favorite movie at the age of four, and it's still good). My favorite movie with Lucille Ball is Yours, Mine and Ours; I am SO MAD that they're remaking it. I have so many favorites, it's not even funny. Those were just some that aren't fairly new.
Evilalin Black
No broom

Post by Evilalin Black »

Actually it was called Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory but for some odd reason they changed the name. I hate that they did that. I wished they could've kept the old title. And then there is Herbie. I didn't watch the movie for one main reason and one reason only. I don't like Linsday Lohan. I think she totally ruins every movie she's in. And the fact that it was an older movie revised made it worse. I'm not waisting my money on that.
Drama Club Admin
Cute Little Hufflepuff First Year
Wand: 8in redwood with Pheonix Feather
Pet:A tabby kitten named Azzie and an owl named Freesha
Thalia Muna
No broom

Post by Thalia Muna »

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory is awesome, as is Stand By Me. But apart from those two, I haven't really watched any old films..none of them appeal to me!
Regina Silverthread
No broom

Post by Regina Silverthread »

As I am the classic movies person I have to say I love Lawrence of Arabia and A passage to India, both directed by David Lean.

Return to “Movie Talk”